Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 09:48 AM   #31
LBrandy
Earning My Ears
 
LBrandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengals01 View Post
what were the liqour and cigarette limitations for st thomas and San Juan.
Sorry I cant help you with that.we are Canadian an its just to much bother to bring liqour back,an Iam picky with my smokes an take enough with me,an dont buy them either
LBrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:52 AM   #32
sbag
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Ontario
Posts: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythreeboysandme View Post
We just got off the Fantasy yesterday. I would highly recommend the Doubloon Sail and Snorkel in St Thomas. We did this with my 7 &10 year old boys. We all loved it!
Mythreeboysandme, how long was this excursion? Did you get any time on the beach with this excursion? Also, did you get a late or main dining?

Thanks!
sbag is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-21-2013, 09:54 AM   #33
RobyneBardens
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Green View Post
Which week? My family is booked for the Feb 8th eastern. It's our first cruise so I have no advice! We are probably going to stay at the hyatt at mco and take Disney transportation just to make things easy, since we will be traveling with our 5 year old daughter and 9 month old son. We are also thinking beach excursions. Magen's bay tops my list currently. May not even leave the ship in st. Maarten. I spend time every day thinking about the cruise, because I am so excited!
Either the 8th or 22nd...just finalizing plans!,, I am obsessed with this trip and its a year away!!!. I would love to hear how your planning goes and if I hear of any great flights I will let you know! So does the Disney transfer pick you up at airport and drop you off the Hyatt?
RobyneBardens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:56 AM   #34
RobyneBardens
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythreeboysandme View Post
We are from the same area and just got back on Saturday. I would definitely say to leave from Buffalo. Sooooo much cheaper for flights. We paid $800 return for a family of 4. We also stated at the Raddison at the Port the night before and loved it.
Thanks!! I will definitely be looking into buffalo flights. Did you take the Disney transfer to hotel??
RobyneBardens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:57 AM   #35
LBrandy
Earning My Ears
 
LBrandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobyneBardens View Post
I am in the process of booking our first cruise for Feb 2014 Eastern Carib...traveling from Toronto so any suggestions you have regarding flights, transfers, hotels before cruise etc I would be very great full. I have 2 boys, 4 and 5, who adore the beach so was thinking of just doing beach days at the ports....thoughts? So excited!!!
We are from Ontario as well just alittle farther south,when ever I can we fly out of Detriot,its cheaper.We took the Disney transfer an enjoyed it,as this was our first time,it gets you in the Disney spirit.An there are all kinds of hotels around the Orlando airport ,we stay at the Embassy ,they had transfers from the airport an back,a cocktail party an night Free drinks an snacks,an they had a full hot breakfast included.An after dinner we wanted to go to Wal-Mart for a few pre cruise things,the shuttle driver took us ther an came back to pick us up,for tips.As for the beachs we knew we where going to have a beach day on Castaway Cays,so that was it for beach day,but there are some really nice beaches in St.Thomas.
LBrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #36
Bear3412
DIS Veteran
 
Bear3412's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: No. VA
Posts: 4,302

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBrandy View Post
.... It was nice to get back home to the trains....
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:15 AM   #37
ps17
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Eden Prairie, MN
Posts: 516

Regarding Shutters multiple cabins policy: We just got done with Christmas cruise. Throughout the cruise, we used cards from both of our family's cabins to scan and take pictures.

On disembarkation eve, when we were going through the pcitures, on the pricing sheet it stated that for the "purchase all pictures and DVD" option, that it was only a per stateroom thing - so if we wanted pictures keyed to both cabins and cards, we would essentially have to purchase two packages.

DW complained about this policy while we were purchasing and said "if we would have known this, we would have only scanned a single card throughout the cruise". The salesperson did balk at this and initially said that we would have to get two packages, but upon just a little "continued persuasive pixiedusting", DW was able to get them to sell us both cabins' packages all as a single package.
ps17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:42 AM   #38
sdjen
DIS Veteran
 
sdjen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 793

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Green View Post
Which week? My family is booked for the Feb 8th eastern. It's our first cruise so I have no advice! We are probably going to stay at the hyatt at mco and take Disney transportation just to make things easy, since we will be traveling with our 5 year old daughter and 9 month old son. We are also thinking beach excursions. Magen's bay tops my list currently. May not even leave the ship in st. Maarten. I spend time every day thinking about the cruise, because I am so excited!
Hello fellow 2-8-14 cruiser!

We did an eastern last year. If you want a really fun beach day in St Maarten - i would highly recommend Le Galion beach. You can get a taxi there without booking a disney excursion. There are chairs, umbrellas there that I think were about $10 for the day. There are restrooms and a beach cafe for food. This beach is perfect for little ones and no nudity either. It is in a cove so super calm. My 6 year old could probably walk out over 100 ft. and still not be in over her head.

I would also say that staying at the Hyatt MCO will be very easy and convenient, especially with a little one!
__________________
sdjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:59 AM   #39
Mrs Green
Mouseketeer
 
Mrs Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: North Texas
Posts: 197

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjen

Hello fellow 2-8-14 cruiser!

We did an eastern last year. If you want a really fun beach day in St Maarten - i would highly recommend Le Galion beach. You can get a taxi there without booking a disney excursion. There are chairs, umbrellas there that I think were about $10 for the day. There are restrooms and a beach cafe for food. This beach is perfect for little ones and no nudity either. It is in a cove so super calm. My 6 year old could probably walk out over 100 ft. and still not be in over her head.

I would also say that staying at the Hyatt MCO will be very easy and convenient, especially with a little one!
Hello and Thanks sdjen! Any advice is welcome here
Mrs Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:04 AM   #40
Mrs Green
Mouseketeer
 
Mrs Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: North Texas
Posts: 197

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobyneBardens

Either the 8th or 22nd...just finalizing plans!,, I am obsessed with this trip and its a year away!!!. I would love to hear how your planning goes and if I hear of any great flights I will let you know! So does the Disney transfer pick you up at airport and drop you off the Hyatt?
I too am obsessed! My understanding is the Disney transfer does work as you described. We are from Chicago so I don't know that any flight deals will correspond. Good luck deciding on a week. If you do decide the 8th we've already got a great, friendly meet thread going!
Mrs Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:54 PM   #41
RobyneBardens
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear3412

Are you from Ontario?? If so who did you book your cruise through?? Thx!!
RobyneBardens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:42 PM   #42
Mythreeboysandme
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobyneBardens

Thanks!! I will definitely be looking into buffalo flights. Did you take the Disney transfer to hotel??
No used a company called ***********. So much cheaper then with Disney. Great service! They also picked us up from the port and took us back to the airport.
Mythreeboysandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:45 PM   #43
Mythreeboysandme
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobyneBardens

Thanks!! I will definitely be looking into buffalo flights. Did you take the Disney transfer to hotel??
Ok not sure why it blocked out the company name. It should say ***********.
Mythreeboysandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #44
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,648

If you see asterisks when trying to identify a company, it means they aren't allowed on the DIS.
__________________
DynamicDisneyDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:22 PM   #45
Mythreeboysandme
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicDisneyDuo
If you see asterisks when trying to identify a company, it means they aren't allowed on the DIS.
Do you know why they do that?
Mythreeboysandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.