Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 07:08 AM   #1
CruzOle
1025.33 Miles From Port Canaveral FL.

one way car rental ( FLL to PORT OF MIAMI)

I need a rental car, flying in FLL early on the 5th of May and will be leaving for the WBPC on the 6th out of Miami. I want to pick up the car at Fll airport
and drop it off at Port of Miami. Who can I rent from that will shuttle me back to the port once I return it ??. I called several of the major car rental agencies and the say they no longer supply this service.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:15 AM   #2
lovedmy1stcuise
Earning My Ears

I just booked with Alamo last week and I called them to verify and they said they don't have shuttle from their Downtown location but they do have it from their Airport location
Miami Intl Arpt
3900 Nw 25th St
Miami, FL 33142
Ph: 8888266893
lovedmy1stcuise is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 09:29 AM   #3
EDH Family
Married to the Mouse

Hertz offers a shuttle from Dowtown Miami to the port.

2005 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas-December * 2007 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas-September * 2008 Disney Magic 7 Night Mexican Riviera-June * 2009 Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas-February * 2010 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas-November * 2011 Disney Dream 4 Night Bahamas-April * 2011 Disney Wonder 7 Night Mexican Riviera-November-Roy Disney Suite! * 2012 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern-December * 2013 Disney Dream 4 Night Bahamas - March * 2013 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Western-March * 2013 Disney Dream 3 Night Bahamas-August * 2014 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern-April
EDH Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:46 AM   #4
neg58
DIS Veteran

Anywhere in Downtown Miami the taxi is going to be about $10 to the port. It's worth $10 to me not to shuttle in from the airport. It is also possible to walk to the port from Downtown. There is a walkway across the bridge to the port, and it would probably be about 1 mile. There were lots of people walking it the last time I went.

I dropped the kids and our luggage at the port, drove back across the bridge to park in a lot downtown, and then took a shuttle back. I wish I would have just taken a taxi or walked. When we returned, the shuttle never showed, so I took a taxi - so much easier.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: