Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 06:52 AM   #1471
Me!Thatswho
Mouseketeer

And the crowds continued.....

Started the day off at DHS. Weather wise, it was gorgeous. I am still amazed at the draw TSM still enjoys. By 9:15, standby was well over an hour and the FP line was to stairs in front of One Man's Dream. This is probably due to the fact of the many, many, many tour groups that followed us from the MK from the prior evening. We counted at least 15 different flag styles. So'kay though, as it allowed us to hit both RnR & ToT x2. After lunch & a personally guided tour by C3P0 of Naboo, DS & I split from DW & DD for a few hours, as DD really wanted to spend quality time w/ SAB. We took our usually leisurely stroll through One Man's Dream, easily spent two showings of the film gazing in wonder at the displays. Even though a few of the signs we almost know by heart, we still love the walk through and it's magical treasures. We capped off our day at DHS by watching LMA, which we had not done in 5 or 6 years. Loved it, especially the inclusion of Lightning McQueen & Mater.

DS & I rejoined the girls midday. We enjoyed a little down, had some of those delicious chips & beer while watching much of the 1st half of the Atl-SF game. Then we hopped to MK, where, as expected, it was crowded. But, it definitely felt much less crowded than Saturday. We definitely toured with managed expectations, knowing that lines would be significant. Among the highlights were my scoring 750,000 on Buzz, watching DD dance the night away at 626's Dance Party, DD & DS scoring not one but two Sorcerer Mickey cards for the Sorcerer's game.

The icing on the night, and possibly the trip, game when we arrived at BoG for DD's birthday dinner, only to learn that they were running 20-30 minutes late. The delay allowed us to watch Wishes from the bridge. Two things made it special. First, the greeter, a CM named Chris, literally conducted the entire Nighttime Spectacular. I didn't know whether to watch the fireworks near Cinderella's castle, the ones over Beast's castle or Chris. The 2nd came when our buzzer went off literally the moment the last burst was fired. It was as if someone knew and waited just for DD to enjoy her "birthday" display. Just perfect. Oh, FYI: BoG, not only is it one of the cheapest sit downs that we have eaten at WDW in a while, it also was one of the best meals period. DW has the shrimp & scallop pastry, DS & DD has the Cornish hen, and I had the pork chop. Absolutely delicious!

Off to the MK and then to DHS for our last day of fun!
August, 2005 - WDW All-Stars Movies & All-Stars Music -- May, 2006 - WDW Port Orleans French Quarter for SWW -- June, 2007 - WDW Contemporary for SWW -- Dec, 2007 - WDW Pop Century & Contemporary for MVMCP -- July, 2008 - DL Disneyland Hotel -- Dec, 2008 - Jan, 2009 - WDW Polynesian; NYE @ DHS -- Dec, 2009 - Jan, 2010 - WDW Polynesian; NYE: breakfast at AK; mid-day @ Blizzard Beach; evening @ Epcot for Illuminations; fireworks on Poly beach -- Oct, 2010 - WDW Polynesian for MNSSHP -- Nov, 2011 - DL Grand Californian Hotel -- Aug 2012 - WDW Beach Club CL -- Jan 2013 - WDW Yacht Club CL -- Dec 2013 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside: DD danced in XMas parade taping -- July 2014 - DLP Hotel New York
Old 01-21-2013, 06:54 AM   #1472
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnkrbell View Post
Have a blast!!! Could you do me a favor and see if they now offer donuts in the morning in the lounge?? We will be there in two weeks and hubby was wondering.
I didn't notice your post until this morning.

I don't have you on the Be Our Guest list for February, so I will add you.

BC or YC? CL?

The pastry in the lounge is very good, but I haven't heard any reports of donuts in the lounge for over 4 years.

Me!Thatswho- Have you seen any donuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mademluc View Post
Got out confirmation this morning! We're booked at the YC for part one of our Graduation Celebration!!!! Thank you all for your help and advice. This is a really friendly group here on the BC/YC thread. Now fingers crossed for some Disney discounts for the beginning of August...
PS does anyone know how to display tickers side by side????
For the tickers, try this. paste them side by side with no space in between. See what happens when you preview/post. if you want to put some space in between, use the SPACE bar, not enter.

I don't think I have had two tickers at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoleWhipMom View Post

Does anyone else have the sudden urge to construct a home made of chips pasted together with the red pepper dip?

Or is it just me???

Quote:
Originally Posted by west&east View Post
Passed by Hurricane Hannas on the way back to our room from Hollywood Studios. Tthey are currently doing a practice run for cast members only. Official opening is Tuesday. One new item that caught my eye is lobster and shrimp roll! Will try to get a pic of the new menu later.
Sounds amazing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydee6 View Post
Sorry to keep bombarding this thread with questions, I'm so amped for our stay at YC! I'm not sure if anyone would even be able to answer, but I'll give it a try. We were unable to get a garden view with the discount we used, so we opted for a standard view. We REALLY want a nice view since we do use the balconey often. We will be getting to the hotel early (if that helps...?). If we ask for a 'nice' view (even if it means a paid upgrade) will we have a good chance of getting it? Thanks for any insight
Don't do online checkin.

As you are talking to the CM when you arrive at the resort, ask what kind of view the room has.

You can certainly ask if you can upgrade to a garden room, if available.

If you check out the room and the view is hideous, DON'T UNPACK OR TOUCH ANYTHING or use the bathroom. Go back to the front desk- You can ask if there is anything better available.

There may be, there may not be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUFamily View Post
Needed to post one more reply so I could reach 10 and be able to include icons and what not. Figured I'd take a moment to thank everyone for the amazing info you all share and your quick replies to all my questions! You are really a remarkable group of folks!
Thanks for your upper of a post! We really have a great group of people here.

You gave a much needed lift to someone who is in a bit of a sad state as a result of a very ugly sporting event last night.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 07:06 AM   #1473
Brooklyn
"la dolce far niente" (the sweetness of doing nothing)

natebenma - LOVED LOVED LOVED your TR

Thank you so much for pointing me to the direction of your trip report!!

Now I am debating on CL at Universal. I originally had it booked but was not sure what it would be like. With the offerings it seems worth it. Now I am confused!

1. Does staying on property really make a difference with the lines at US/IOA?
We plan on staying on property to experience it but we have a DD with a medical condition that requires her to be kept out of the heat as much as possible. At WDW we spend the day at SAB and then parks when it cools off. There is nothing we can do about...just the way it has to be. I am hoping that the express pass helps with US and staying onsite. We will plan on going early to HP area as I know EP won't work there. She can last a few hours in the early AM but then it will be back to the hotel pool or shows or something indoor and cool.

2. Is the early admission to HP each morning?

I know I had more questions but I should have wrote them down! They will come to me.

Thanks again!!!!
Old 01-21-2013, 07:06 AM   #1474
Figaro8398
Mouseketeer

Another addition to the Be Our Guest list...we are returning to the BCV May 29 - June 5. This will be the first time we will be bringing our then 8 month old DD "home". We can't wait to introduce her to Teena. We can only hope her first trip to the world is as amazing as Princess Lily's!
2009 - POR, 2010 - BCV/VWLEngaged at the Garden Grill
February 2011 - POR Married at Shades of Green, June 2011 - Disneymoon at BCV
March 2012 - POP...then surprise! The BC!!! - The Babymoon
Our little princess's first trip home May 2013 BCV
Old 01-21-2013, 07:16 AM   #1475
beebeeryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
That is going to be one heck of a surprise!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest List.

That cracked me up! Guess what! There is also an elevator to nowhere...

Elevator to nowhere??? What?

For the Be Our Guest list...we're going August 23 - 30 YC SV

Now that it is booked the time...213days.... is just gonna drag.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:34 AM   #1476
jenndisney
Is this a tag? Am I dreaming? Someone pinch me!

We switched from contemporary cl to Beach Club CL for our trip March 8-16. We have never been at this resort and I have learned so much from this thread.

Thank you for all your information.

I do have one question. We ate at cape may years ago for dinner and were less than impressed. They were doing some remodeling and that may have had an affect on our opinion. Is it worth trying again?

Dec, 2008 - WDW, July, 2005 - WDW, July, 2004 - DL, June, 2003 - WDW, July, 2002 - DL

Old 01-21-2013, 07:59 AM   #1477
SpartansFan
Earning My Ears

Greetings to those in this thread. I have been majorly lurking in here for some time and want to thank you all for the wonderful information that has been posted. Yay for DIS.

I'd like to add myself to the Be Our Guest list. We will be at the Beach Club on Club level from February 18th through the 23rd. We will be in a deluxe room and we can't wait.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:13 AM   #1478
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenndisney

I do have one question. We ate at cape may years ago for dinner and were less than impressed. They were doing some remodeling and that may have had an affect on our opinion. Is it worth trying again?
We love Cape May. It is always on our list of "must do's". We have ADR's there in Feb.

And it is very convenient when you are staying at the BC/YC.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 01-21-2013, 08:15 AM   #1479
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Thanks for letting us know. Hope to see you back here again sometime.

Hopefully I will come back soon with new dates for the YC as I am still leaning toward the YC for our pre-cruise stay .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 01-21-2013, 08:35 AM   #1480
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebeeryan View Post

Just had to say I LOVE your signature pic!!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

Old 01-21-2013, 08:35 AM   #1481
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

On our last trip we ate at cape may . We met up with family from FL. My husband and my cousin were in their glory. They loved the seafood! We have to say it was one of our favorite dinners. I'm allergic to shellfish so I figured my meal would be pasta and salad. I was so happy with my meal I had so much to choose from it was a nice surprise

Me, DH, DD7, DS3

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013
Old 01-21-2013, 08:38 AM   #1482
ocalla
DIS Veteran

OK, the pic of the homemade potato chips.....................that's just plain mean!!!

Sitting here at my desk, minding my own business, scrolling through my favorite Dis thread and...........................BAM................. .in my face.

Haven't had a potato chip in over a month now
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

Old 01-21-2013, 08:45 AM   #1483
cathigh10
Earning My Ears

Today was our 180 day mark and I got an email this morning at 7:30 AM with all of our ADR's all set for us. I told them at the IPO office that I would prefer to go later with our dinner reservations if they didn't have the time we wanted and every request was exactly as I would have done it myself, but so much easier for me. I also requested a beach shack at TL and got it with out a problem.

The people at the BC IPO office have been amazing!!!!
Old 01-21-2013, 08:54 AM   #1484
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn View Post
Thank you so much for pointing me to the direction of your trip report!!

Now I am debating on CL at Universal. I originally had it booked but was not sure what it would be like. With the offerings it seems worth it. Now I am confused!

1. Does staying on property really make a difference with the lines at US/IOA?
We plan on staying on property to experience it but we have a DD with a medical condition that requires her to be kept out of the heat as much as possible. At WDW we spend the day at SAB and then parks when it cools off. There is nothing we can do about...just the way it has to be. I am hoping that the express pass helps with US and staying onsite. We will plan on going early to HP area as I know EP won't work there. She can last a few hours in the early AM but then it will be back to the hotel pool or shows or something indoor and cool.

2. Is the early admission to HP each morning?

I know I had more questions but I should have wrote them down! They will come to me.

Thanks again!!!!
I'm so glad you liked the report! Feel free to post any questions on the report, or here.

It is totally worth staying onsite! The Front of the Line pass rocks! And it sounds like especially in your circumstances, with a summer trip, skipping the lines will be crucial. Waits were up to 90 minutes on a lot of popular stuff for those not staying on sitdewhen we went in July.

I believe the early opening at WWoHP is every day. Again, worth it!

The express pass doesn't work for Forbidden Journey or for the wand show at Ollivanders. You can do single rider line at Forbidden Journey, if that works for your family, though. You can use the express pass on the Dragon Challenge coaster and the Flight of the Hippogriff coaster in WWoHP, though.

I don't think the guest assistance cards/services are nearly as helpful at US as they are at Disney

I'm not as sure I would recommend CL. We only were able to do the breakfast a couple of times because the lounge opened at the same time as WWoHP. We only made it to one of the evening dinner selections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebeeryan View Post

Near the Beach Club Marketplace, there is a bank of 4 elevators. Only 3 are operational. One is a "front" for a call center that used to be tucked away there.

I can't remember which one it is. Teena knows. I guess if you spend anytime using the elevators, you may notice that one never works.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:30 AM   #1485
LowesChevy
The happy haunts have received your sympathetic vibrations and are beginning to materialize

Officially booked for Sept 27-30th at the Beach Club. Stayed at the YC in 2006, but not in the BC for over 10 years probably. Very excited to come back!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: