Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 10:45 PM   #16
SoMosMom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by HsvTeacher View Post
Are you talking about this one:

I've seen the tan Dream bags on the Disney Store website, but I've never seen the white sketch bag anywhere but on the ships.
I know this is kind of an old post but.....I want one of these sssoooooo much! We just got off of the Magic and they had the big $395 tote bag - it was huge and pretty heavy and I wouldn't get enough use out of it to be worth the price. I asked the CM in the store if it came in any other sizes and she said that was the only one they ever get in that design. She said the other ships have larger stores and a bigger selection and maybe they would have it. Nice idea, but not really helpful since I couldn't just jog on over to see what they carry. They had plenty of variety in the new style and the stripe but this is the design I really love. I've done a quick search of the web, including ebay, and it doesn't seem to be available anywhere.

Has anybody seen this design on the other boats recently?

1TL Me and 5
2013: Disney Cruise, Galveston/Eastern Caribbean; Coronado Springs 2012: Grand Floridian 2011: Wilderness Lodge 2010: Port Orleans, Riverside:

...and the pre-BHE trips:Disney Cruise, Caribbean 2008; 1999 Annual Passholder; WDW First Visit: 1990

Oh My Goodness this Disboards thing is so addictive... what have I gotten myself into?????
SoMosMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:54 PM   #17
belle07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMosMom View Post
I know this is kind of an old post but.....I want one of these sssoooooo much! We just got off of the Magic and they had the big $395 tote bag - it was huge and pretty heavy and I wouldn't get enough use out of it to be worth the price. I asked the CM in the store if it came in any other sizes and she said that was the only one they ever get in that design. She said the other ships have larger stores and a bigger selection and maybe they would have it. Nice idea, but not really helpful since I couldn't just jog on over to see what they carry. They had plenty of variety in the new style and the stripe but this is the design I really love. I've done a quick search of the web, including ebay, and it doesn't seem to be available anywhere.

So they do have the new style on the Magic? I have been wanting that one, I was on the Wonder a couple of months ago and all they had was the stripe one.
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 11:31 PM   #18
Trinity524
DIS Veteran

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-with-tag...item27cebda981

It's more expensive on ebay
Old 01-21-2013, 07:38 AM   #19
hbg4
Ask me where I'm going on my next vacation ? Disney World of course

DCL is not selling these particular sketch bags anymore. Only the large duffle size bag is available now. I bought my large shoulder bag in 2008 on the Magic. About a year and half ago the ships were selling the remainder of these sketch designs at discounted prices. Unfortunately the only place to buy them is from someone who is willing to sell you theirs and the ebay sellers have the monopoly on the prices.
6 cruises on Disney Magic
7 cruises on Disney Dream
2 cruises on Disney Wonder
1 cruise on the Disney Fantasy
hbg4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:01 AM   #20
HsvTeacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMosMom View Post

The tote in this style was my first D&B bag, and it's by far my favorite! Like a PP said, the Weekender is the only bag still available through Disney.

If you're on Facebook, you may want to consider joining the Disney D&B page over there. Occasionally, one of the totes or wristlets will pop up for sale, and they are no where near as expensive as what you will find on Ebay.
Once a Year from 1992-1997-Off Site*September 2008-ASMu*March 2009-POP *May 2009-SSR and AKV Kidani*June 2009-Vero Beach*October 2009-AKV Kidani*May 2010-AKV Kidani*June 2010-Vero Beach*June 2010-AKV Kidani*July 2010-SSR*October 2010-SSR*December 2010-Swan*December 2010-DCL Wonder*December 2010-AKL CL Jambo*April 2011-VWL*May 2011-My Sister's House*June 2011-BCV and BLT*June 2012-AKL CL Jambo*June 2012-DCL Fantasy*June 2012-AKV Kidani*July 2013-SSR*March 2014-AKV Kidani

(Me) (DH) * DVC Members (AKV) Since February 2009

HsvTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:34 AM   #21
SoMosMom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle07 View Post
So they do have the new style on the Magic? I have been wanting that one, I was on the Wonder a couple of months ago and all they had was the stripe one.
Yes They had a big variety and seemingly good supply of the new ones with the ship names. They had the striped stuff too, but less variety -in case anybody else reading this is wondering

1TL Me and 5
2013: Disney Cruise, Galveston/Eastern Caribbean; Coronado Springs 2012: Grand Floridian 2011: Wilderness Lodge 2010: Port Orleans, Riverside:

...and the pre-BHE trips:Disney Cruise, Caribbean 2008; 1999 Annual Passholder; WDW First Visit: 1990

Oh My Goodness this Disboards thing is so addictive... what have I gotten myself into?????
Old 01-21-2013, 11:37 AM   #22
SoMosMom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity524 View Post
Ugh! That's crazy. And sooooo not happening. Oh well, I'm sure I'll find something else.....eventually.

1TL Me and 5

Old 01-21-2013, 11:38 AM   #23
SoMosMom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by HsvTeacher View Post
The tote in this style was my first D&B bag, and it's by far my favorite! Like a PP said, the Weekender is the only bag still available through Disney.

If you're on Facebook, you may want to consider joining the Disney D&B page over there. Occasionally, one of the totes or wristlets will pop up for sale, and they are no where near as expensive as what you will find on Ebay.
Good to know! Thanks for the tip.

1TL Me and 5

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: