Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 08:52 AM   #16
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

When we were there in 2011, my son and his wife loved the crab shack (they are big seafood eaters). My mom and I are not but the crab shack is located where there are a few "shacks" and we found a place that sells crepes that we absolutely loved. I had a chicken and cheese crepe while my mom had a ham and cheese crepe (they make them to order). We finished it off by sharing a dessert crepe that was fabulous!! If I get back to Juneau, I would definitely seek this out.

FYI - when we were coming back from our excursion, people were asking the bus driver where they could get the best seafood and he's the one that recommended the crab shack. He mentioned the Red Dog is nice and gives a great experience but if you're strictly looking for food then head to the crab shack.
Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:08 AM   #17
cleophus12
DIS Veteran

Red dog may be a bit touristy but fun and the food wasn't half bad. It's an experience anyway. And not far from the dock.
cleophus12 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 11:26 AM   #18
Mackie Mouse
Even my dog loves Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MND View Post
Are you going to visit the capital?
Probably not...although it's a possibility if we have time. Right now, they plan is to:
1) Take the "blue bus" shuttle up to Mendenhall Glacier, see the visitor's center, and make the hike out to the waterfall
2) Head back downtown for a ride on the Mt. Roberts tramway
3) Eat lunch
4) Take the Alaskan Brewing Company shuttle up to the brewery for a tour and tasting

We'll see where we're at time-wise after that!
Old 01-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #19
Mackie Mouse
Even my dog loves Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingfandj View Post
Probably blasphemy in an area known for seafood, but any recommendations for guests who like burgers and fries while we're on the topic?
I haven't been anywhere yet, but a friend did recommend both the Hangar and Twisted Fish as generally good sit-down lunch places.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:46 AM   #20
travellingwithnikki
I've visited every Disney Park in the world!

Thanks for this post as I'm not planning on taking any excursions in Juneau and planning to see and do everything myself before enjoying the food Juneau has to offer!

Heading back out to sea on the Disney Magic in 2015

My YouTube Channel

My Travel Blog
travellingwithnikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:54 AM   #21
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

My expectations were way too high for Tracy's. The crab legs great, but not amazing. And it was WAY overpriced. The service is friendly and the line moves fast, but don't expect to be like blown away. It was good fresh crab legs. A bit overcooked for my liking.

The bisque was close to amazing. Almost the best I've ever had. YUM.

If I went back I'd go for the bisque. Crab cakes were good, but nothing extraordinary.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:27 PM   #22
Holly4
Earning My Ears

Sand Bar and Grill has the BEST fresh halibut fish and chips we've ever eaten. We did rent a car near the port (Rent a Wreck) and drove ourselves...I can't remember how far from the port it is...it's near the airport. We parked and entered the diner area in the back...it's not much to look at, but it was highly recommended to us and didn't disappoint. It seemed like a locals type of place and not touristy or over priced.
Holly4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: