Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 05:40 PM   #16
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Here is a working example, using $100.00 as the original bill to make the math show up easily. Note this is for Table Service. At Counter Service there is no gratuity added.

100.00 - Original Menu Amount
*20.00 - Discount
*80.00 - Subtotal
*18.00 - Gratuity Added based on $100
**5.20 - Sales Tax on $80
103.20 - Final amount charged, takes into consideration discount, gratuity and tax.

Without TiW Discount (and still figuring 18% Gratuity)

100.00 - Original Menu Amount
*18.00 - Gratuity
**6.50 - Sales Tax on $100
124.50 - Total

$21.30 - Savings using TiW Card.

(Note - At Victoria and Albert's the added gratuity is 20% instead of 18%.)
* Ignore the asterisks; they are there only so the columns/numbers line up properly.

For the complete list of locations and the rules, go to www.tablesinwonderland.com which is the Official Disney site.

Based on the new pricing, the following is the break-even point for menu pricing (assuming you will routinely give an 18% tip:
AP Holder ($100) is $469.48
Resident or DVC Member (not AP holder) ($125) is $586.85
Both of the above take into consideration that the Sales Tax is also discounted.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:50 PM   #17
mlittig
DIS Veteran

I prefer the Tables in Wonderland card to the dining plan

5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop 9/11 Pop 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/14 Old Key West 8/14 Old Key West 4/17/15 Old Key West
mlittig is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 10:18 PM   #18
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
My husband and I have been doing math all day and looking at restaurants where we are planning on dining. I'm such a dork. I made a spreadsheet with each of our restaurants listed, the maximum price at that restaurant, the minimum price, the median, the mode, and what the price is of each entree my husband and I are most likely to order. Then, I calculated in the price of alcohol if it is a restaurant where we are most likely to order alcohol (hello, Biergarten!). From there, I calculated what kind of discount TIW would likely give us, as well as what kind of discount we would get if we ordered only the minimum or only the maximum. It is clearly the better deal for us. The AP discount doesn't work as well for us as it is only available for lunch on M-F at Epcot and that is where we eat the majority of our meals, but not always for lunch and not always on weekdays. It also has no discounts at Magic Kingdom. Not a good deal for us. TiW, though, is a great deal for us. My husband loves his beer and I am quite the fan of wine around the world

And thanks for the well wishes. Nothing like a broken tailbone from falling down the stairs to remind you that you are about as graceful as a hippo on roller skates.

In case it came out wrong, I didn't mean my "but at least I did the math" comment to mean "neener neener you haven't done it". It was a jab at *myself*, and I am sorry that it might have come out wrong. I really do have the best intentions; I just don't know how to say things sometimes.

I once fell down the stairs, hardwood stairs, onto a wood floor. While alone. So not fun. I blame those flowy pants in the 90s and the chunky heels, since they got all caught up in each other. Or I could blame my refusal to have things hemmed to my shrimpy legs.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:23 PM   #19
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

There is one final caveat. There are blackout dates, and they are usually the major holidays and major "dining out" holidays. So besides the usual Christmas Eve and Day, NYE and NY Day, there's also Mother's Day and Independence Day. You can't use the discount on those days.

The Tables in Wonderland website spells that out, as well.

If you plan to buy your annual pass and TiW card at the same time, it's really best to find the Guest Relations window at the parks, and not the regular ticket windows. Ticket windows are not set up to sell TiW. But all Guest Relation windows CAN sell the AP, and then sell you TiW.

Unless things changed in 2013, I've always had a 13th month expiration on the card. The last time I bought a card was in December 2011. My TiW card expiration date was not in December 2012, but January 31st, 2013.

So it is possible TiW policy changed. But if that's the case, both your annual pass and TiW card will expire on the same day, "worst case scenario".

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: