Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 02:26 AM   #16
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by zweihund View Post
I spent weeks scouring the excursions....my husband was like, "what are you doing? We've done this before!" For the record, it's still just as overwhelming the second time, if not more so!

I'm working on a "picking the excursions" update for the TR, I'll let you know when it's up. Not that it will help anyone else decide, but at least you'll know you're not alone
Would love to hear your thoughts on excursions

At the moment the front runners for us are:

Skagway - White Pass Railway & Trail Camp
Juneau - Dog Sledding on the Mendenhall Glacier
Ketchikan - Misty Fjords by floatplane

We change our mind every 5 minutes through
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:03 PM   #17
kayaker35
Mouseketeer

Hoping to Join You on This Cruise

Trying to decide when to cruise to Alaska has been harder than I thought it would be. I've been all over the place....literally going from May 27 to September 2 sailing dates. I'm booked on the August 12 trip, but am pretty sure I'm going to switch to a June or July date instead. The appeal of the June 17 date is that we'll be on board during the Summer Solstice.

I was on the recent 5-day Bahama trip on the Dream, November 4-8. We had such a great time that I couldn't wait to book another Disney cruise. After booking the August 12 date, I began to think twice about having to get to Vancouver for embarkation, rather than the more convenient port of Seattle. That set me to seeking out other cruise lines. I actually booked Holland America and Celebrity cruises before getting cold feet and canceling them to return to Disney. I cannot imagine enjoying a cruise more than we did the Bahama one, and it didn't seem worth taking a chance to book elsewhere when my only concern was the originating port of the cruise.

That said, I'm still not sure of the date. I really fear that I shouldn't be put in charge of planning this, lol. Whatever I do, I'll be second-guessing myself. I plan on booking the June 17 cruise Monday morning. At that point I'll get busy and get my plane reservations set, as well as a night in Vancouver for the night before and the night after the cruise. We live on the east coast, so we don't plan on flying home right after the cruise, and not getting home until the wee hours of the morning.

Once all that is taken care of, research on the shore excursions will begin. That will be a whole new area of confusion! Has anyone else gone through this turmoil planning what is supposed to be fun, and not an ordeal?

Karen

Our first Disney Cruise - November 2012 - The Bahamas on the Disney Dream
Our second Disney Cruise -- August 2013 - Alaska on the Disney Wonder
kayaker35 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 02:43 AM   #18
Linda67

Hi Karen
Welcome to our little group
It seems to me that the reason you are feeling a little stressed is because your final date still feels up in the air until you have called Disney and switched
I'm sure once you have done that you will feel a whole lot better
You will have an amazing cruise whatever excursions you decide on and at least you can pop onto this thread and ask for help and opinions
Welcome aboard!
Old 12-03-2012, 02:58 PM   #19
zweihund
I tagged myself. I'm it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker35 View Post
Trying to decide when to cruise to Alaska has been harder than I thought it would be. I've been all over the place....literally going from May 27 to September 2 sailing dates. I'm booked on the August 12 trip, but am pretty sure I'm going to switch to a June or July date instead. The appeal of the June 17 date is that we'll be on board during the Summer Solstice.

I was on the recent 5-day Bahama trip on the Dream, November 4-8. We had such a great time that I couldn't wait to book another Disney cruise. After booking the August 12 date, I began to think twice about having to get to Vancouver for embarkation, rather than the more convenient port of Seattle. That set me to seeking out other cruise lines. I actually booked Holland America and Celebrity cruises before getting cold feet and canceling them to return to Disney. I cannot imagine enjoying a cruise more than we did the Bahama one, and it didn't seem worth taking a chance to book elsewhere when my only concern was the originating port of the cruise.

That said, I'm still not sure of the date. I really fear that I shouldn't be put in charge of planning this, lol. Whatever I do, I'll be second-guessing myself. I plan on booking the June 17 cruise Monday morning. At that point I'll get busy and get my plane reservations set, as well as a night in Vancouver for the night before and the night after the cruise. We live on the east coast, so we don't plan on flying home right after the cruise, and not getting home until the wee hours of the morning.

Once all that is taken care of, research on the shore excursions will begin. That will be a whole new area of confusion! Has anyone else gone through this turmoil planning what is supposed to be fun, and not an ordeal?

Karen
Hi Karen!

No worries....we still haven't booked airfare or a hotel. In fact, we still have yet to decide if we're going to fly in through Seattle and take the train up, or go straight to Vancouver. A few days in Seattle? The entire pre-cruise stay in Vancouver? We don't know!

I had fun going through the excursions. A tip: the Disney site can be overwhelming, but if you consider that many of the excursions are just slight variations of one another, it makes narrowing things down much easier. Plus, no matter what you book you'll have an amazing adventure.
zweihund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:16 AM   #20
Linda67

Hi everyone

Just popping in to say that I hope you are all enjoying the Holiday season

Won't be long before we can say "we are cruising to Alaska this year"

Have a magical day!
Old 12-29-2012, 08:26 AM   #21
kayaker35
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Hi Karen
Welcome to our little group
It seems to me that the reason you are feeling a little stressed is because your final date still feels up in the air until you have called Disney and switched
I'm sure once you have done that you will feel a whole lot better
You will have an amazing cruise whatever excursions you decide on and at least you can pop onto this thread and ask for help and opinions
Welcome aboard!
I decided to stick with the August 12 date after all. I don't know that it matters which date we go. In the end it's going to be a fabulous vacation either way.

Karen

Our first Disney Cruise - November 2012 - The Bahamas on the Disney Dream
Our second Disney Cruise -- August 2013 - Alaska on the Disney Wonder
kayaker35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:38 PM   #23
Mort2013
Earning My Ears

Happy New Year!! Do you know how I can join a Fish Extender group for this cruise?
Mort2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:33 AM   #24
Linda67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort2013
Happy New Year!! Do you know how I can join a Fish Extender group for this cruise?
Hi there
I don't think anyone has set one up yet?
In fact it's all pretty quiet on this thread but I am sure that will change as we get closer in
Keep an eye out right here and hopefully we can get something organised
Old 01-20-2013, 02:49 PM   #25
zweihund
I tagged myself. I'm it.

So who else is freaking out about the final payment next month?

We are going to be ok, but I tell you....it has been one thing after another in our house! This is broken, that needs renewing, Lionel's sister was a month behind on her rent and needed help, yada yada yada. Every time something comes up, I am like COULD THIS NOT WAIT UNTIL FEBRUARY 16th?????

That is all. Happy New Year everyone, only 6 more months! Time is flying...
zweihund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:03 PM   #26
Linda67

Quote:
Originally Posted by zweihund
So who else is freaking out about the final payment next month?

We are going to be ok, but I tell you....it has been one thing after another in our house! This is broken, that needs renewing, Lionel's sister was a month behind on her rent and needed help, yada yada yada. Every time something comes up, I am like COULD THIS NOT WAIT UNTIL FEBRUARY 16th?????

That is all. Happy New Year everyone, only 6 more months! Time is flying...
I hear ya!
I actually wouldn't mind as much if I could start booking excursions etc as soon as I had made final payment - at least that would ease the pain a little
But noooo, gotta wait until March to do that
Old 02-06-2013, 01:00 PM   #27
DopeyFan1966
Disney World Aficionado

Navigators

Hi everyone,

I'm putting together a bunch of information for a bunch of us that are taking this cruise in July. I was wondering if anyone on this cruise could scan in and post their Navigators after this cruise so we can plan accordingly? I've got last year's Navigators, but that is when they cruised out of Seattle.

Thanks in advance.

Cindy

WDW – Jun 94; Jul 97; 13-19 Sep 2006 POP; 7-18 Sep 07 ASM; 11-19 Sep 08 POP; 9-19 Sep 09 POR; 31 Aug-12 Sep 10 CSR; 20-27 Dec 12 OKW; DLPR – May 99; May 09; Jun 10 DLR – Dec 08; Jan, Feb, Jun, Jul, Oct 12; DCL - 15-26 May 10 Med (Magic); 28 May-8 June 11 Med (Magic); 8-15 Jul 13 Alaska (Wonder); 11-18 Oct 14 Western Caribbean (Fantasy)
DopeyFan1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:13 PM   #28
Linda67

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeyFan1966
Hi everyone,

I'm putting together a bunch of information for a bunch of us that are taking this cruise in July. I was wondering if anyone on this cruise could scan in and post their Navigators after this cruise so we can plan accordingly? I've got last year's Navigators, but that is when they cruised out of Seattle.

Thanks in advance.

Cindy
I can certainly try to do this for you
Old 02-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #29
kandie5775
Earning My Ears

Whew...final payment down

whew....got the final payment over with...and now just a few more weeks until we can book our excursions!
I have been trying not to obsess about the excursions too far ahead, but I think it is now official obsession time!
I hope to set up a FE exchange if anyone is interested. In the mean time, off to do some research!!

<3,
Kandie

kandie5775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #30
DopeyFan1966
Disney World Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
I can certainly try to do this for you
Thanks. We greatly appreciate it.

WDW – Jun 94; Jul 97; 13-19 Sep 2006 POP; 7-18 Sep 07 ASM; 11-19 Sep 08 POP; 9-19 Sep 09 POR; 31 Aug-12 Sep 10 CSR; 20-27 Dec 12 OKW; DLPR – May 99; May 09; Jun 10 DLR – Dec 08; Jan, Feb, Jun, Jul, Oct 12; DCL - 15-26 May 10 Med (Magic); 28 May-8 June 11 Med (Magic); 8-15 Jul 13 Alaska (Wonder); 11-18 Oct 14 Western Caribbean (Fantasy)
DopeyFan1966 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: