Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 09:55 PM   #1
Erin2012
Earning My Ears

Resort Room that Has 3 Beds?

I'm taking my kids and my mom to WDW next January and I can sleep with one child but don't want to make my mom sleep with the other (who is like sleeping with a jellyfish). Can you think of a resort that would have minimum 3 beds that doesn't land me on a pullout? I know a few of the suites have enough beds but all I've seen have a Queen and then pullout options. I don't really want to pay that much to sleep on a pullout (my mom would get the queen).

I think Fort Wilderness cabins would be good but I've stayed there before and would like something else. So far the best I can come up with is 2 Standard Value rooms.

Thanks!
Erin2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:00 PM   #2
ThreeBeans
Now with FOUR Beans

Port Orleans Riverside has two queens and a murphy bed :-) You can put one of the children in the murphy bed.

ThreeBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 10:03 PM   #3
AJKMOM
DIS Veteran

Some of the deluxe rooms have 2 beds and a daybed. Some rooms have a set of bunk beds, like WL and AKL, but I'm not sure how you ask for them, or if they are in a separate category.
AJKMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:26 PM   #4
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

The BC, YC, CR and Poly all have a day bed, which my teen has slept on with no problems. I'm assuming some of the other deluxes do as well.

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:29 PM   #5
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJKMOM View Post
Some of the deluxe rooms have 2 beds and a daybed. Some rooms have a set of bunk beds, like WL and AKL, but I'm not sure how you ask for them, or if they are in a separate category.
Bunk beds are a bookable category at both the WL and AKL. The room configurations are 1 queen with bunk beds or just 2 queens. All of the other deluxes have 2 queens and a daybed, with the Poly and CR being the only guarantee as all rooms at those 2 resorts come with them. At the GF, most rooms come with them (although there are a few that don't), and at the BC/YC, I think about 50% of the rooms have one so you would have to request a room with a daybed (which would not be guaranteed). I think the BWI has a daybed in all rooms, but I'm not 100% sure as we've never stayed there. Getting 2 value rooms would solve the bed problem, but connecting rooms would not be guaranteed. Since there would be more than 1 adult, if connecting rooms weren't available, they would put an adult in each room with a child.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:14 AM   #6
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBeans View Post
Port Orleans Riverside has two queens and a murphy bed :-) You can put one of the children in the murphy bed.
The OP would have to book a preferred room to be sure to get a room with a trundle bed.
lovesdumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:55 AM   #7
bookwormde
Heading out now, another adventure
Have a good time, WDW is a magical place

The DVC 1br at OKW, AKV Kidani and BLT (with a king, pullout an sleeping chair) as well as all the 2br and THV. The deluxe suites also
Old 01-21-2013, 07:39 AM   #8
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

To get 3 real beds at a DVC, you would have to go to a dedicated 2 bedroom (except some at BCV).
Old 01-21-2013, 07:50 AM   #9
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
The OP would have to book a preferred room to be sure to get a room with a trundle bed.
No, the AB rooms have trundle beds. It isn't only preferred rooms. Those rooms however do go to families of 5 that need them so no guarantee a group of 4 would get a room with a trundle.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:34 AM   #10
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison View Post
No, the AB rooms have trundle beds. It isn't only preferred rooms. Those rooms however do go to families of 5 that need them so no guarantee a group of 4 would get a room with a trundle.
The OP is a party of 4. If she booked preferred she would be guaranteed a trundle as the preferred rooms are in the AB rooms.
lovesdumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:13 AM   #11
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBeans View Post
If you go this route, you'd have to put one of the children on the murphy bed. You or your mother wouldn't be able to. The beds are smaller than a twin size bed, meant for children 11 and under.

Quote:
Agree - since OP is a party of 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison View Post
All of the preferred rooms are in AB, which is why if they book a preferred room, they would be guaranteed a room with a murphy bed. Since they are a party of 4, they could still be put in the mansions otherwise. Only families of 5 are guaranteed AB without having to book a preferred room.

And FWIW - there are no more trundle beds. They did away with the trundle beds during the POR refurbishment. They are now all murphy beds, which pull down from the wall rather than slide under the bed which is what the trundle did.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:33 PM   #12
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
The OP is a party of 4. If she booked preferred she would be guaranteed a trundle as the preferred rooms are in the AB rooms.
They don't have trundles any more. Just the murphy bed in all the AB rooms. It is 5.5' by 2.5' in dimension.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:18 PM   #13
meredith1
DIS Veteran

Contemporary Resort has two queens and a very comfy day bed.

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs
meredith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:45 PM   #14
holbie18
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJKMOM View Post
I am not sure about this - but I thought the bunk beds are a little shorter than normal beds? They might be fine for kids but not for adults. I am not sure though.
holbie18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: