Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #46
Jacquie668
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twebber55 View Post
Its not like he got a serious penalty. He can't go to wdw big deal

It is like the "marshmallow" of "crimes" all fluffy and yeah, his actions, his consequences....

Quote:
It drives me nuts when people pretend all rules, laws, crimes, etc. are the same.

This guy broke the law and deserves to be punished. He does. Fine. It's the people who up the ante to make him seem like some disgusting low life who really need the psychiatric help.
Exactly. Goodness, lets all take up a torch because a guy got banned from Disney World.

And for all of you people who are not actually reading the responses, no one is saying it is "okay" we are saying, that he got caught, he got banned, over and done with. He isn't some major villain out to kill you and/or your kids with his Youtube videos.

I personally liked his videos and will continue to watch him explore, but I'm not going to be irrational and start talking about how he will crawl in my windows at night and take pictures of children...etc. Oy!

Last edited by Jacquie668; 01-20-2013 at 07:09 PM.
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:19 PM   #47
Peter Pirate 2
I may be a Disney curmudgeon but I still have Disney hope
What happened to Peter Pirate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquie668 View Post

It is like the "marshmallow" of "crimes" all fluffy and yeah, his actions, his consequences....

Exactly. Goodness, lets all take up a torch because a guy got banned from Disney World.

And for all of you people who are not actually reading the responses, no one is saying it is "okay" we are saying, that he got caught, he got banned, over and done with. He isn't some major villain out to kill you and/or your kids with his Youtube videos.

I personally liked his videos and will continue to watch him explore, but I'm not going to be irrational and start talking about how he will crawl in my windows at night and take pictures of children...etc. Oy!
I like you!
Peter Pirate 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 07:28 PM   #48
farmerbach21
Earning My Ears

The ultimate death sentence
2001-Sept- Honeymoon-Port Orleans
2007-Dec- All-Star Movies
2008-Feb- Carribean Beach
2010-Nov- All-Star Sports
2013-Feb- All-Star Music
farmerbach21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:24 PM   #49
Anna114
Pluto Rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pirate 2 View Post
Happened today chief. I did not call the cops because, well, it was ok. He was looking in the ocean on my pier. I could have been a **** and called the cops but why hassle a tourist???
Really, you would compare that, your pier? You are being very glib. Sadly, when they break into your home (God willing they don't) will be so compassionate? It's really easy to be kind when it doesn't intrude on your personal space. Disney takes precautions and are entitled to their privacy as are all of us.
5/1988 POLY (Honeymoon) 2/1998 Offsite 5/2002 Caribbean Beach 5/2006 Wilderness Lodge 12/2007 POP 8/2009 Port Orleans Riverside 5/2010 POLY CL (Anniversary) 10/2010 SSR 1/2011 OKW 8/2011 FW Cabins & VWL 12/2011 SSR 5/2012 VWL 9/2012 VWL 8/2013 VWL 25th Ann. w/my boys 5/2014 AKV 12/2014 VWL 5/2009 DVC Owners Villas at Wilderness lodge!

Anna114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:37 PM   #50
Jacquie668
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I like you!
Ditto and
Old 01-21-2013, 12:43 AM   #51
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

My thoughts? Adam's upbringing failed him if he still doesn't think what he did was wrong. I saw his last video about his trespass warrant, and the showed no accountability for his actions. I have absolutely no sympathy for him. I think deep down he knew what he did was wrong but not willing to admit it.

Was this guy's intention to be in the spotlight? There are TONS of ways to do it. There are websites, blogs, and podcasts where the people producing these are recognized in the parks, and they are also invited to participate in press events. Adam, by filming backstage areas, broke the cardinal rule. If he limited his videos to "on stage" areas only, he would not have been banned from the parks. He would have had to limit himself to areas where all the guests can go, and he'd have to stop filming during attractions that restrict any video or photography of any kind.

So do I feel sorry for him? If he's as big a Disney fan as he says he is? Yeah, I do. But only a smidge. The rest of me feels he got what he deserved.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:07 AM   #52
DJthaplanet
Cameron Field

Wink

Oh god i would die if i was banned for life.. i would never be of course
Old 01-21-2013, 02:26 AM   #53
Friendly Frog
DIS veteran with a mouse on her back.

I had never seen his videos until this news story came out. I only saw the river country one, and I guess now the "Disney 12" have all been taken down? Someone else did an abandoned Discovery Island video that I saw a while back but its gone too. It appears that ever since the channel 4 news story came out Disney has removed all the videos. While I don't condone the trespassing, I do think losing some of these videos is kind of like losing a little piece of Disney history.

Last edited by Friendly Frog; 01-21-2013 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Google voice..nuff said.
Friendly Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #54
Aatif911
Mouseketeer

Not Cool

I like Adam the Woo. He is investigating and using freedom of speech at a good level. I think Disney authority were mad then they should of first warned and told him to talk the videos off. Banning the happiest place on earth is not cool.

Just saying.

Upcoming Trip/s
12/14 CSR, 05/15 POFQ, and 10/15 POR
Aatif911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:59 PM   #55
Peter Pirate 2
I may be a Disney curmudgeon but I still have Disney hope
What happened to Peter Pirate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aatif911 View Post
I like Adam the Woo. He is investigating and using freedom of speech at a good level. I think Disney authority were mad then they should of first warned and told him to talk the videos off. Banning the happiest place on earth is not cool.

Just saying.
Sadly, I don't think I'm allowed to comment on this anymore.
Peter Pirate 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:58 PM   #56
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
the spirit of Walt commands you?
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:35 PM   #57
Jacquie668
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I gave up after the "glib" moment

Though I hope that Adam the Woo keeps on trucking, which he is with non-Disney videos, and I hope that those Disney videos are not being deleted. All well...
Old 01-22-2013, 09:43 AM   #58
bgraham34
Wilderness Lodger

Quote:

Just saying.
I heard that he knew this was a possibility and that Disney had wanted to talk to him.

bgraham34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:57 AM   #59
OldsDr
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Just saying.
This is by no means a freedom of speech issue. What he was doing was no different than running onto the field during a ball game, except he was treated nicer.
OldsDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:37 PM   #60
"Cinder" Ella's Mom
DIS Veteran

Just curious...wouldn't it be difficult to ban someone? Not suggesting anyone do this, but couldn't you alter your appearance and just buy (or have someone else buy you) a one day pass? In 20 years from now will MK staff recognize this guy? How does it work?
"Cinder" Ella's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: