Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2013, 05:55 PM   #1
kermiebudge
Mouseketeer

Ohana- First Dinner Experience

We just got back from a December trip with Dining Plan. We planned our dining reservations months in advance and continued to "fine tune" reservations even during the first part of our stay.

For some reason, one of the reservations we were most torn about making was Ohana. We had only been for breakfast and enjoyed it. I had been scouring the boards daily prior to the trip and started to get nervous about the dinner reviews here. The reservation I most looked forward to started to look like it may be a mistake...maybe even a waste of a dining credit. So I made reservations for dinner, cancelled them, made them again...AND cancelled them. While in Disney, and not exactly thrilled with our reservation I had made on the second night of our stay (Rainforest Cafe), I decided to look and see what other options may be available. An Ohana dinner reservation popped up. So, hesitantly...I grabbed it. I was a little concerned that 1 of our 2 kids may not enjoy the offerings...and I was also concerned about some of the bad reviews...but went with it anyways.

We were seated promptly and the food started streaming in right away... CONTINUOUSLY. Soon after, all doubts went out the window as we enjoyed our bread, salad, dumplings and wings... All fantastic. Then the skewers started.....OMG, they were all tasty, so tender...and plentiful. I have to say, surprisingly the chicken and shrimp were our favorites. Noodles were yummy too... We thought there was absolutely no way we'd be able to fit in dessert, but somehow managed . Service was amazing too as they went out of their way to make sure the kids had fun and that we were not left wanting for a morsel- and we definitely didn't feel rushed. Kids did the coconut races and dragged me up with them to learn Hawaiian dance.

It was the best night ever!!! I'm so glad we decided to try it out... Like any place, I'm sure they have "off" nights, but this will absolutely be another must-do for us on our next trip.
kermiebudge is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: