Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #31
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

I'm trying to get a LC reservation for our upcoming trip and haven't snagged one yet. So we've made a reservation at The Yachtsman. I've eaten at LC and I had a good experience plus the menu is more my style with cheddar soup and poutine fries! I have not eaten at The Yachtsman but have heard good things so I'm not upset if I don't get LC...at least I'll be able to compare!
loveshak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #32
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshak22 View Post
I'm trying to get a LC reservation for our upcoming trip and haven't snagged one yet. So we've made a reservation at The Yachtsman. I've eaten at LC and I had a good experience plus the menu is more my style with cheddar soup and poutine fries! I have not eaten at The Yachtsman but have heard good things so I'm not upset if I don't get LC...at least I'll be able to compare!
loveshak22 when are you going? Please let us know which place you like better.

OUR 2013 DISNEYMOON TRIP REPORT
disnmooner2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 04:42 PM   #33
dopeynme
Mouseketeer

Frank, yes we used the restaurant .com coupons in Shula's at WDW. I am not sure if they still accept them, as my experience was a year or 2 ago.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:57 PM   #34
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnmooner2013 View Post
I'll definitely come back to this thread and give an update

Our trip is Jan 29 - Feb 2, with the Yachtsman being our dinner ADR on Feb 2. I'm still going to try to switch to LC but if it doesn't happen then I'll come back with my 2-cents!
Old 01-20-2013, 09:58 PM   #35
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

neither...both highly overpriced and not exceptionally well prepared.

If have to choose - go with yachtsman. Quality appears to be better - they just can't seem to cook a good slab.
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #36
kristen2276
Mouseketeer

We love the Yachtsman, we had lunch and dinner at Le Cellier, before it changed over to 2TS, and honestly, I don't think it is worth the 2. At 1 it is great.But for 2, it is ok, not bad, not fabulous. Now, I also live 20 minutes outside NYC and have some of the best steakhouses readily available to us anytime, so we are picky when it comes to our steak. The Yachtsman, is kid friendly to us, never had an issue with that or dress. We are trying Le Cell again this trip because we have the credits to use so we will see.

Kristen-13th Disney Trip, Mike-9th Disney Trip, Kieran-6th Disney trip and Michael's 3rd Disney trip- April/May, 2013!
kristen2276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:37 AM   #37
XGrumpy1
DIS Veteran

I have always enjoyed the Yachtsman and if LC doesn't work out I'm sure you will like it.
XGrumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:46 AM   #38
2binak
DVC Owner

We've been to both. Yachtsman would get our vote.

We used to eat at LeCellier on every trip, but after 2 not so great meals there, we stopped going. That was 3 years ago and from what I've heard, things haven't improved. Since both LeCellier & Yachtsman are 2 DDP credits, definitely go to Yachtsman.

11/90 Offsite, 11/97 PO, 5/99 DL, 1/00 CS, 1/04 PC, 12/05 SSR, 5/07 AKL, 10/08 SSR, 5/09 POFQ, 11/09 AKV Kidani, 11/10 AKV Kidani, 10/11 BWV, 10/12 BWV, 11/13 AKV Kidani, 5/14 BLT, 11/14 BWV
2binak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:54 AM   #39
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

I haven't eaten at Yachtsman yet, but I have dined at Le Cellier and have no interest in going back. The food was decent enough, but I can't justify the cost. I can get better steaks here in Texas with no problem. The soup, pretzel bread, and maple creme brulee were all very good, but I can get a very similar soup (just missing the bacon) and unlimited pretzel bread at Biergarten. And, while I can't get maple creme brulee just anywhere, I can get regular creme brulee just about anywhere and a fantastic raspberry creme brulee 20 minutes from my house. Our waitress the last time we dined there was the rudest waitress I have ever encountered at Disney which also really detracted from our experience. The tables are much too close together, as well.

Basically, I find Le Cellier to be overpriced, overcrowded, and over-hyped for what you end up getting.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #40
Phil Cirrone
Mouseketeer

Yachtsman for sure.
Phil Cirrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:54 PM   #41
melifeld
Mouseketeer

Definitely Yachtsman. Le Cellier was okay, but the food, service and atmosphere were much better at Yachtsman. Le Cellier food was just okay and the place is loud and crowded. Even my DH commented that we were packed in there like sardines, and he rarely complains when you are feeding him!
Old 02-06-2013, 07:32 PM   #42
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnmooner2013 View Post
I'm back!! Athough I'm not going to be much help with comparing Yachtsman and LC...we ended up getting a LC reservation by luck. I walked up and they said they had no openings (I thought I'd try) and several other people were also getting turned away. Then as I was about to walk out I heard two women saying they were going to cancel. I asked the hostess if I could have their reservation if they cancelled and she said yes. They ended up cancelling and we got a table!

I will say that the cheese soup, pretzel bread, and filet were amazing! I eat a lot of steak and I know there are a lot of LC haters but my filet was a good size and melted like butter. It was cooked perfectly.

I will admit that I ate at LC 2 years ago and had a NY strip and it wasn't anything spectacular. However, I liked the rest of my meal and I was with my parents who both got the filet and said it was the best steak they ever had. Again, we're a big steak eating family and my dad never things a steak is as good as he can cook so that's a huge compliment from him. I really wanted a a reservation there this trip.

From the many people I asked the consensus seemed to be that the filet at LC is good but other cuts are not so good...at least that's a common comment I got from about 5 CMs that I talked to about the difference.

As a side note, I don't like mushrooms so got the cheesy scallop potatoes and they were delicious!!

Overall it was a great meal. I know every restaurant has it's faults and tastes are subjective but my DH and I both really enjoyed our meal and the service was fabulous as well.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:37 PM   #43
KatMark
DIS Veteran

We've done LeCellier a number of times, the last being in 2011. We did Yachtsman for the first time this past December. We will NEVER go back for LeCellier (unless we just go for soup and bread). Our meal in 2011 was terrible; Yachtsman was out of this world and near perfect.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:36 AM   #44
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

It is great to hear the good reviews for Yachtsman. We have ate at Le Cellier many times because DH loves it. But I have never been fond of Le Cellier.

We are trying Yachtsman for the first time in June.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:40 AM   #45
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

We ate at both, a few days apart on our last trip. We both enjoyed the Yachtsman much more than LC. Our food was better, and the service and atmosphere were better for us.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: