Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 03:13 PM   #46
SPHB ILU
Earning My Ears

The video was made using a Mac, you can briefly see the bottom of a Mac toolbar here and there when they scroll. So it must work with a Mac! But maybe you need Microsoft Office for Mac? It looks like a complex spreadsheet...perhaps it doesn't translate to open office.
SPHB ILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:19 PM   #47
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Moving thread to a dining board

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 03:23 PM   #48
Braden's Momma
Mouseketeer

It won't let me sign in to download it?????? I keep clicking on the sign in option and nothing is happening...can someone post it here please (if not against the rules)?

(DH 32) (ME 27) (DS 7) (DD 3)

Annie

1985-1989 -Florida Resident - Multiple Day Trips
2000 - Off Property
2010 (May)- Port Orleans Riverside (Mansions)
2011 (May)- Caribbean Beach - Pirate Room - 1st Trip w/ our son
March 2013 - POR - 1st trip w/ our 4 yo !
Braden's Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:34 PM   #49
DisneyStarWisher
Love My DVC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPHB ILU View Post
Did you look at the breakdowns on the other tab by meal and then look at WDW menus and see if there was a glaring discrepancy? I'm not sure how it works but that could show if something is off!
I know you didn't quote my post, but I have looked at that tab. What I found was $50-100/meal under my predicted cost for the signature meals and $10-30/meal over my predicted cost for CS lunches. I'm wondering if it has something to do with appetizers/desserts. I know you can't order appetizers at CS locations but you can desserts; however, we will not order desserts, so I guess it calculated desserts which would explain why it's over. But I can't figure out the signatures. OOP does not include tips, and TIW does. Even then, it looks like we will spend quite a bit more than it suggests.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #50
angelmichelle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStarWisher View Post
I know you didn't quote my post, but I have looked at that tab. What I found was $50-100/meal under my predicted cost for the signature meals and $10-30/meal over my predicted cost for CS lunches. I'm wondering if it has something to do with appetizers/desserts. I know you can't order appetizers at CS locations but you can desserts; however, we will not order desserts, so I guess it calculated desserts which would explain why it's over. But I can't figure out the signatures. OOP does not include tips, and TIW does. Even then, it looks like we will spend quite a bit more than it suggests.
You can specify how much % per trip you order deserts (and beverages other than water and snacks, etc)... upper right.

angelmichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:10 PM   #51
HuskerFaninIL
DIS Veteran

According to this it would save us over $250 to do the DDP. I'm thinking it's because we have so many buffet/family styles listed. Our kids still want character meals and they are always so overpriced.

HuskerFaninIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #52
DisneyStarWisher
Love My DVC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmichelle View Post
You can specify how much % per trip you order deserts (and beverages other than water and snacks, etc)... upper right.
Yep, already did that. I put in 100% for both since we always order an app and dessert at a signature meal. We don't get dessert at CS for lunch though, so that's why I was saying it was probably adding dessert (but not an app) to my CS meals. Probably what I need to do is put in 100% for apps, since it won't add that to the CS meals, and then 50% for desserts. I just hope it adds the desserts to the signature meals instead of the CS meals. That will make a huge difference!
Old 01-20-2013, 07:25 PM   #53
gtpoohbear
DIS Veteran

There doesn't seem to be an option to put in Resort Room Service as a meal. I was interested in seeing what it said for us, but we'll likely be using that several mornings for breakfast so I don't see any way to use it.

All Trip Reports & Photo Albums are located here!
Previous Trips: 2008: Poly | 2010: CBR | 2012: ASMo | 2013: YC | 2014: AKL, AoA | 2014: POR
Upcoming Trips: 12/14 - WL | 7/15 - ASMusic | 3/16 - DCL Fantasy - W.Car (7 nights)
gtpoohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:32 PM   #54
AngiTN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisGirl819 View Post
I have Excel...I think its the latest version for macs but not positive. I'm not really sure why it wouldn't work in excel on a mac as long as you have excel. Its an .xls file which should work in excel on any computer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPHB ILU View Post
The video was made using a Mac, you can briefly see the bottom of a Mac toolbar here and there when they scroll. So it must work with a Mac! But maybe you need Microsoft Office for Mac? It looks like a complex spreadsheet...perhaps it doesn't translate to open office.
I would say that is the issue. I only have Open Office on my MAC where I have Excel on my PC. I did find it odd that the only column that won't work on Open Office is the Dinner column. Every other one has the proper drop down menu. You can't even type in an answer in the Dinner column. Anything you type returns an invalid entry
AngiTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:16 PM   #55
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpoohbear View Post
There doesn't seem to be an option to put in Resort Room Service as a meal. I was interested in seeing what it said for us, but we'll likely be using that several mornings for breakfast so I don't see any way to use it.
Room service is 2 credits, so just put in CRT or another 2 credit meal.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:53 PM   #56
gtpoohbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
Room service is 2 credits, so just put in CRT or another 2 credit meal.
I think CRT would be more $$ OOP than most Room Service meals though, which would throw off the comparison. But, I'm pretty sure we don't come out ahead on the DP, but also pretty sure I'd never convince DH to give it up. So maybe it's better that I just not know

All Trip Reports & Photo Albums are located here!
Previous Trips: 2008: Poly | 2010: CBR | 2012: ASMo | 2013: YC | 2014: AKL, AoA | 2014: POR
Upcoming Trips: 12/14 - WL | 7/15 - ASMusic | 3/16 - DCL Fantasy - W.Car (7 nights)
gtpoohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:10 PM   #57
Srbright
Mouseketeer

Cool....

9 days/8 nights, $2,800 for DxDDP vs $3,200 OOP for $400 savings. That includes not ordering a single dessert. If we order dessert 50% of the time then it goes up to about a $500 savings.

It matches almost exactly to what we calculated using Cafeen's spreadsheet.

Stacy
September 2012 - POR (6N/7D)
Feb 2008 - ASMo (3N/4D)
Srbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:32 PM   #58
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpoohbear View Post
I think CRT would be more $$ OOP than most Room Service meals though, which would throw off the comparison. But, I'm pretty sure we don't come out ahead on the DP, but also pretty sure I'd never convince DH to give it up. So maybe it's better that I just not know
You're probably right.
allears.net has a dining section where you can check the resort and theme park menus.
http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:41 PM   #59
skeettafic
Mouseketeer

Neat. For us, it came out to be about a $10 savings to pay oop on the "average" setting. I think it seems to be pretty accurate for us with the comparisons I had made so far. I think we could save money oop but this will be our first trip so we want to do CRT. If we weren't, we could probably save money oop over the DDP.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:12 PM   #60
nonstopdisneymom
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if this takes into account purchasing the refillable mug? Our savings OOP would be $150 Vs getting the dining plan. BUT if you add in having to purchase the cups at $16 a piece x5 that would bring our savings down to $70. We use our Refillable Mug a lot so I know we would be purchasing them.
nonstopdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: