Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 03:57 PM   #91
dolfinjuls
DIS Veteran

Hey Emma! I'm loving your tr so far! You guys accomplished so much at each park in such a short period of time!
1994: 1st Trip @ age 12 off-site, 2000: Senior Trip@ All-Star Sports, August 10-16th 2008 @ Pop! First trip with family!, July 20-30 2009 @ SSR! First trip as DVC members!, Nov 27-Dec 4 2010 @ Pop! 11/4-11/10/11 @ AKV/Pop!, Nov4-8th 2012 at DHHIR On deck: Oct 31-Nov 8 at Pop!
dolfinjuls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:05 PM   #92
merbobear
DIS Veteran

Hi there, I am a new subscriber! I read your Disneymoon TR, and I feel like a bit of a creeper, because I don't think I ever said hello (I read it after it had already been completed). So this time I am saying hi and following along as you go!

merbobear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 10:11 AM   #93
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Hi, Emma! Your dinner at BlueZoo looks amazing! Looking forward to more!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #94
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Hi,
Great update and pics.

We enjoyed Bluezoo though it is pricey but the food and ambiance was so nice.

Looking forward to hearing more.
Thank you for reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabimagineer View Post
What a great review, I'm looking forward to the rest of it! I just might have to try Blue Zoo when we go back to WDW.
Thanks! I really recommend Blue Zoo if you get a chance to eat there on a future trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfinjuls View Post
Hey Emma! I'm loving your tr so far! You guys accomplished so much at each park in such a short period of time!
Hi! Thank you for reading along so far it was such a great time of year to go, lovely warm weather and quiet parks - we could definitely tell the difference from the humid & busy August trip we took!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbobear View Post
Hi there, I am a new subscriber! I read your Disneymoon TR, and I feel like a bit of a creeper, because I don't think I ever said hello (I read it after it had already been completed). So this time I am saying hi and following along as you go!
Hi! Thank you for your comments and for reading along - next update on its way

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Hi, Emma! Your dinner at BlueZoo looks amazing! Looking forward to more!
Hi! Blue Zoo was so good, DH said that the meal was so delicious that he didn't want to eat the next day as it would be disappointing

Next update coming soon!

Emma x
disneybarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:15 AM   #95
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Day 5...

Thursday 11th October 2012

There was so much to look forward to on this day of our vacation, I was so excited that I woke far too early!

Our plan was to go to Disney's Hollywood Studios for rope drop, the park opened at 9am which meant we didn't need to leave the Boardwalk until 8.30am. As I couldn't get back to sleep, at 7.30am I decided to do something I've never done before at WDW...

Go for a run!!

I regularly go to the gym when I'm at home but I don't run outside very often, however one day I would love to do the WDW Half Marathon – so this was my first experience of running there.

I put my gym clothes on and then headed down to the Boardwalk, the temperature was perfect as there was no humidty... and I started to run! I went clockwise, towards ESPN and then over the bridge to the Beach Club, Yacht Club, over the bridge past the Swan and Dolphin and back around to the Boardwalk. It took me about 10 minutes and I think the distance is a mile – there was a few other people out running and jogging, everyone smiled or said 'Good Morning' as I ran by. I probably could have run around around the lake a couple more times, I enjoyed it so much!
I headed back up to the room, got showered and changed – and we were very soon heading to the Studios.

Similarly to Animal Kingdom, there doesn't seem to be an opening show at DHS at the moment – and very soon we were through the turnstiles and heading up Hollywood Boulevard...

Our usual plan for this park is to join the dash for Toy Story Mania, but we'd done this ride twice in August and agreed that although we enjoy it, we'd rather miss the crowds and do our absolute favourite attraction first instead...

Tower of Terror!

We took a quick detour to Rock N Roller Coaster to get Fast Passes, but the Cast Member there told us not to as it would be a walk on this morning!

So back to the Hollywood Tower Hotel...

The ride was awesome, as always – I love how the drop sequence is different every time.

We did Rock n' Roller Coaster next and sure enough it was a walk on.

We stopped on Sunset Boulevard for a fruit cup and orange juice.

Next we went to Star Tours..

It was a really good ride and we went to some 'lands' that we'd never visited before. I'm not very familiar with the Star Wars films, but will have to watch them again now that Lucas Film is officially Disney

Then we went to Muppets 3D, another favourite!

We got to see the full pre-show :

We walked back to the front of the park, and I did some shopping in the stores there.

We left DHS at about 11.30am, as we had a lunch reservation in Epcot to get to!

Old 01-13-2013, 11:19 AM   #96
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Day 5...

There was a boat waiting at the dock, so we decided to get that for a change.

The Swan and Dolphin hotels were being painted while we were there...

We decided to get off the boat at the Swan/Dolphin dock and walk the rest of the way...

DH took my shopping bags back to the room (we'd bought some glasses so I'd not used the resort delivery service) while I used the restroom in the lobby (which I think is so pretty!)

We met back in the lobby, and walked the rest of the way to International Gateway.... somehow we managed to beat the boat we'd been on too!

Very soon we were back in Epcot and walking around World Showcase

We had some time before our lunch ADR, so we decided to take the long way around the lagoon – and try our favourite Food & Wine beverage again... the Dragon Berry Colada from the Caribbean booth!

I noticed on the menu board that there were two prices, so when I ordered I said “can I have the larger ones?” … and the Cast Member said “um.. they're not larger, just in a souvenir cup....” - quite embarrassing! The cups were lovely though, I'm glad we got them!

The base lights up and changes colour too.

We stopped at a high table to enjoy our drinks, I was taking some photos and a Photopass CM came over and asked if we'd like her to take some photos for us – she took pictures for about 5 minutes, it was like a photo shoot!

(She kept reminding me to put my hand on my hip, “like a princess would do” !)

We carried on walking around the lagoon, until we got to the Italy pavilion.. we were trying Via Napoli for the first time.

There was still about half an hour until our ADR, so we went in Tutto Gusto for a while – we'd visited this new wine bar in August and loved the ambience and friendly Italian Cast Members. Again we had a great time there!

…......
Old 01-14-2013, 06:14 PM   #97
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

I LOVE the pre-show to the Muppets! I think it is so hilarious and entertaining. Plus, it's nice to get out of the heat and relax for a bit.

Because of you, we went to the Wine Bar in Italy and it was fabulous!

I can't wait to hear about your experience at Via Napoli. We LOVED it and i'm hoping you did too.

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:06 AM   #98
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Looks like a fun morning at HS, we like the Tower of Terror better than Toy Story Mania too lol

We ate at Via Napoli for the first time in October, we really enjoyed it.
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

monica23535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:42 PM   #99
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

The friendship boat is nice, but it sure is slow.

I can't wait to read what you thought of Via Napoli!
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #100
klacey1
DIS Veteran

What a nice morning! If I ever got up early enough, I'd love to take a run around my resort. The Boardwalk is so scenic!
You guys got a lot accomplished at DHS-- I love mornings like that!
Can't wait to hear about your dinner at Via Napoli-- I want to try it so badly!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:40 AM   #101
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Your morning jog sounds so lovely! It's on my list for next trip and I love those 'good morning-ers' so it sounds perfect.

Muppets are just the best! I just love that show so much and there is always something new to notice in the preshow.

Good job on matching your drink with your nails
Aussiesalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #102
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
I LOVE the pre-show to the Muppets! I think it is so hilarious and entertaining. Plus, it's nice to get out of the heat and relax for a bit.

Because of you, we went to the Wine Bar in Italy and it was fabulous!

I can't wait to hear about your experience at Via Napoli. We LOVED it and i'm hoping you did too.
Hi Lesha,

So glad you tried Tutto Gusto on your trip! I love it in there, we went again later in the trip.. which makes three visits in 2012 lol.
My family quote the Muppets pre-show and show all the time, love it so much!

Via Napoli review coming up ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Looks like a fun morning at HS, we like the Tower of Terror better than Toy Story Mania too lol

We ate at Via Napoli for the first time in October, we really enjoyed it.
Hi!
I'm glad we chose ToT that morning - it was fun to turn right into Sunset Boulevard while the crowds walked/ran to TSMM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
The friendship boat is nice, but it sure is slow.

I can't wait to read what you thought of Via Napoli!
Hi Mel, review coming up soon

We nearly always walk to DHS from the Boardwalk rather than get the Friendships - I don't find it too long a walk and really enjoy it ... there's so few people along the walkway that it feels like a 'secret' part of WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
What a nice morning! If I ever got up early enough, I'd love to take a run around my resort. The Boardwalk is so scenic!
You guys got a lot accomplished at DHS-- I love mornings like that!
Can't wait to hear about your dinner at Via Napoli-- I want to try it so badly!

Hi! I think the jetlag was still helping me wake up early, hence the morning run but I would definitely do it again... plus the WDW half marathon, one day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
Your morning jog sounds so lovely! It's on my list for next trip and I love those 'good morning-ers' so it sounds perfect.

Muppets are just the best! I just love that show so much and there is always something new to notice in the preshow.

Good job on matching your drink with your nails
Hi!

Oh yeah.. I meant to pick a cocktail that matched my nail polish I hadn't noticed that!

The morning run was great, I really wish I'd run another lap around the lake now!

The Muppets pre-show is so good - one of my favourite props is the 'net full of Jello' ... tribute to Annette Funicello the Mouseketeer

Next update coming up!

Emma x
Old 01-20-2013, 02:02 PM   #103
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
Hi Mel, review coming up soon

We nearly always walk to DHS from the Boardwalk rather than get the Friendships - I don't find it too long a walk and really enjoy it ... there's so few people along the walkway that it feels like a 'secret' part of WDW!
I agree with you. I love walking from the Epcot resorts to DHS and like that it's so uncrowded.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:57 PM   #104
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Day 5...

Soon it was time for our lunch reservation at Via Napoli – I was so excited to try this restaurant, it had been on my 'to do' list ever since it opened!

We checked in and were told our table would be ready soon, but as soon as we sat down in the waiting area, a server called our name!

We had a really nice table by a window that looked out onto a small courtyard. It was quite far from the pizza ovens and chef area, but we could still see over there.

The décor was beautiful...

We ordered drinks to start, DH got an Italian beer and got a glass of white sangria.

We decided to get an appetiser each, and then share a medium pizza – we considered getting the side salad too, but so glad we didn't... the pizza was enormous!

I had the risotto balls to start, and DH had some cured meats, cheese & bread.

Both were excellent... next came the pizza!

We ordered the Parma ham and melon pizza, but our server suggested that we get half that pizza and half of his favourite – artichoke with truffle oil. It turned out to be a great suggestion, we loved both toppings and would never have ordered the suggested one otherwise!

The pizza was HUGE! The base & crust were excellent, it was just like pizzas I've had in Italy, Spain & Greece.

While we were there we actually decided to go on a trip this year to Italy! Neither of us have been since school trips 15 years ago – so we think it's time to go back.

We managed to eat nearly all of the pizza, but were so full up there was definitely no room for dessert!

A few tables away, there was a guest having lunch who looked remarkably like a famous football (soccer) player (Cristiano Ronaldo) .. we kept glancing over trying to decide if it was him, especially as some servers stopped to talk to him! But we decided it wasn't, and he was probably an Italian cast member

Overall it was an excellent lunch, I would definitely go back – and our servers were excellent too, really charming & attentive. I wrote their names down and included them on my email to WDW customer services when we got home.

We slowly walked out of the restaurant, and stopped to watch the entertainer Sergio...

Old 01-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #105
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Day 5...

Then we wandered back to the Boardwalk, we were both so full up and wanted to have a break as we had a busy evening planned... Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!
Back at the room, DH had a nap and I sat on the balcony reading my book.

There were several weddings taking place at the Boardwalk that day – I got to watch a few photo shoot of the bridal parties!

About 5pm I had a shower and laid out my costume for the party.... Barbie from Toy Story 3!

I spent about 45 minutes putting my make up on, I had so much on!

Unfortunately, I didn't get many photos of myself in costume.. here is one I took when we got back to the room, sorry it's not great as I took it in the mirror at 1am...

We headed out of the room to the bus stop, and were soon on our way to the Magic Kingdom! It was fun to see other peoples' costumes as they got on the bus. DH didn't want to dress up, so I think I stuck out a bit.. but it was quite a simple costume – just a lot of makeup, extra blonde hair and stripey leg warmers

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: