Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 01:20 PM   #856
gerberdaisy1234
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermanTriplets+1
Guess what?! I was in our Ikea today and they have a FE!! It's three pockets, absolutely the right size and dimensions, and the pockets would be easy to embellish to Disney-ize them!!! It's called PYSSLINGAR.

Isn't that great?!
It was also pretty reasonable - about $10.
Just had to share!
I got one of these today for $4.99. We already have a FE that I made using duct tape and a Disney reusable shopping bag but at that price I just had to get it.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
gerberdaisy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:40 PM   #857
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisinwithmaandpa View Post
I made lifesaver wrappers for our FE, send me a pm and I will send the file to you.
Can you send me a PM with the graphic for Lifesavers also? Thanks!
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 01:53 PM   #858
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerberdaisy1234 View Post
Sorry for the delay. I was looking back through thread and saw this.

I cut the lanyards into strips. Cut complimentary color 7/8" ribbon for back. Ironed 7/8" heat-n-bond on back of ribbon. Then ironed ribbon on the back of the lanyard strip. Used either glue square or E6000 to hold two end together to make a loop. Clamped the hardware over the end.

I got the hardware from eBay Search key fob hardware.

The biggest expense is buying the lanyards if you don't have them. I wish I could find the Good Will you donated to. if anyone has a abundance of lanyards they want to donate (or sell cheap)- I would love them

which ones are you looking for? I cleaned another couple boxes out and have found four silver ones that I would be willing to send you if you would send me one key chain back in return. let me know.
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:01 PM   #859
gerberdaisy1234
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerone

which ones are you looking for? I cleaned another couple boxes out and have found four silver ones that I would be willing to send you if you would send me one key chain back in return. let me know.
So excited! Will pm you!

Old 01-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #860
Mom24Princesses
DIS Veteran

I made small magnets to remember each day of our last cruise. I left one per cabin along with other stuff. I enjoyed them myself as I had a set. I noticed some people put them on their cabin door.

I looked for the finished examples on photobucket but they are not there. I put the date and theme or port. A Pirate Night one for that night. I did find 2 of the pix I used for the two days at sea. I had the date on them and "Disney Magic". I like to hope some kept theirs. They were small - 8 mini magnets to a 8 x 11 sheet.

I'd make something for a future cruise. I am sure Pintrest has some ideas.
ASMu--July 96; ASMu--Aug 98; PORS--June 01; ASMu--July 03; POP--Feb 04; CSR--June 04; ASMo--June 07; AoA--June 13
DCL

1st DCL Eastern MAGIC APRIL 1-8, 2006

THEN!!
2nd DCL Western MAGIC April 5-12, 2008
Mom24Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:16 PM   #861
cruisinwithmaandpa
Happiness is being grandparents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
Can you send me a PM with the graphic for Lifesavers also? Thanks!
Send me a pm with your email address and I will send the file on Tuesday
cruisinwithmaandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:28 PM   #862
love280mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom24Princesses
I made small magnets to remember each day of our last cruise. I left one per cabin along with other stuff. I enjoyed them myself as I had a set. I noticed some people put them on their cabin door.

I looked for the finished examples on photobucket but they are not there. I put the date and theme or port. A Pirate Night one for that night. I did find 2 of the pix I used for the two days at sea. I had the date on them and "Disney Magic". I like to hope some kept theirs. They were small - 8 mini magnets to a 8 x 11 sheet.

I'd make something for a future cruise. I am sure Pintrest has some ideas.
Cool idea!
Old 01-21-2013, 10:17 AM   #863
3princessMommy
DIS Veteran

Thank you!

Thanks to the Diser who originally posted this idea - they were SOOOOO easy to make and provided a great use for all of those lanyards that we've collected over the years! I'm so happy to recycle them as I had no idea what I was going to do with them otherwise.

Each lanyard makes 4, 6" wristlets if you cut it correctly. I used a seam ripper to salvage an extra inch or two at the ends. (I cut my strips 12" long.) Stick webbing on the back with double-sided, no-sew, no-iron fabric tape. Then fold in half and clip together with the key fob hardware!

20 of 'em done in an hour!!!! Will be using this idea in all of my FE gifts in the future!

Thanks again!

DHMe DD13 DD11 DD8 Nala Sasha Patches
1976:WDW OS; 1986:WDW OS; 1993:WDW CR; 2007:DLP NBC; 2008:WDW SOG; DCL Wonder DD; 2009:WDW SOG; DCL Magic Tortola; 2010:DCL Magic Baltic; DCL Magic Xmas; 2011:DCL Wonder Alaska; WDW AK; 2012: WDW BLT & DCL Fantasy Western; 2013: WDW BCV & B2B DCL Dream; 2014: Magic Barcelona to Venice Repo Planned: 2015: Fantasy Eastern; Magic Iceland Cruise
3princessMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:30 AM   #864
gerberdaisy1234
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princessMommy
Thanks to the Diser who originally posted this idea - they were SOOOOO easy to make and provided a great use for all of those lanyards that we've collected over the years! I'm so happy to recycle them as I had no idea what I was going to do with them otherwise.

Each lanyard makes 4, 6" wristlets if you cut it correctly. I used a seam ripper to salvage an extra inch or two at the ends. (I cut my strips 12" long.) Stick webbing on the back with double-sided, no-sew, no-iron fabric tape. Then fold in half and clip together with the key fob hardware!

20 of 'em done in an hour!!!! Will be using this idea in all of my FE gifts in the future!

Thanks again!
You are welcome. I am so glad more people are making these. One of my goals in life is for people to REUSE items. We throw away way too much! Just a note the original black and red lanyards that don't have club level are shorter than the newer ones. The max you can get from those is three. But the are awesome because they will work for any level

Old 01-21-2013, 10:39 AM   #865
FergusBC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princessMommy View Post

Those look awesome! What a great way to reuse them. I don't have any CC lanyards but I might keep my eye out for just regular Disney themed ones and give it a try.
Disney Wonder, Western Caribbean, November 2013 Trip Report ("Even better than the first cruise!", says 12 year old daughter )
FergusBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:46 AM   #866
3princessMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerberdaisy1234 View Post
You are welcome. I am so glad more people are making these. One of my goals in life is for people to REUSE items. We throw away way too much! Just a note the original black and red lanyards that don't have club level are shorter than the newer ones. The max you can get from those is three. But the are awesome because they will work for any level

(Haven't used those yet. )

1976:WDW OS; 1986:WDW OS; 1993:WDW CR; 2007:DLP NBC; 2008:WDW SOG; DCL Wonder DD; 2009:WDW SOG; DCL Magic Tortola; 2010:DCL Magic Baltic; DCL Magic Xmas; 2011:DCL Wonder Alaska; WDW AK; 2012: WDW BLT & DCL Fantasy Western; 2013: WDW BCV & B2B DCL Dream; 2014: Magic Barcelona to Venice Repo Planned: 2015: Fantasy Eastern; Magic Iceland Cruise
Old 01-21-2013, 11:24 AM   #867
violetmonarch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princessMommy View Post
......Stick webbing on the back with double-sided, no-sew, no-iron fabric tape. Then fold in half and clip together with the key fob hardware!....
Thanks again!
Where do you get that webbing and double-sided, no sew, no iron fabric tape? I am a complete idiot when it comes to crafting!

Disney Magic Western Caribbean 2013
violetmonarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:35 AM   #868
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetmonarch

Where do you get that webbing and double-sided, no sew, no iron fabric tape? I am a complete idiot when it comes to crafting!
I would try Joann's, if you have one locally.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:57 AM   #869
3princessMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetmonarch View Post
I got both the webbing and the key fob hardware from Amazon.com. I get free shipping there, so the price beats eBay. But you can get them on Etsy.com or on eBay.com too.

The seam tape (fabric tape) is available from Joann's or Michael's. One role at Michael's is enough for 20 wristlets and costs $3.99 regular price - so with the 50% coupon, it's pretty good. You can also use the iron-on kind, which may be cheaper, but this was super easy.

Webbing (http://www.amazon.com/Inch-Yards-Bla...s=poly+webbing).

Key fob hardware (http://www.amazon.com/100-1-Chain-Wr...y+fob+hardware).

Old 01-21-2013, 12:23 PM   #870
DisneyDream2B
Mouseketeer

Amazon links?

Hi,
I couldn't get the Amazon links to work. May I have the details to search on Amazon? For example, what is the size of the key fobs: 1 inch, 1 1/2 inch? What is the vendor?
Many thanks
DisneyDream2B is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: