Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 12:08 PM   #31
tink'smom2B
Chasing Tinkerbell Full Time

very harsh punishment! I've seen plenty of River Country pics (also sad) and I saw them here on Disboards. Is Disney shutting down the forum next? Big Brother is watching

tink'smom2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:03 PM   #32
Anna114
Pluto Rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCMikey View Post
I never watched his videos, and didn't know he existed until this thread starte.
Same goes for me. I really don't watch you tube as a rule.
5/1988 POLY (Honeymoon) 2/1998 Offsite 5/2002 Caribbean Beach 5/2006 Wilderness Lodge 12/2007 POP 8/2009 Port Orleans Riverside 5/2010 POLY CL (Anniversary) 10/2010 SSR 1/2011 OKW 8/2011 FW Cabins & VWL 12/2011 SSR 5/2012 VWL 9/2012 VWL 8/2013 VWL 25th Ann. w/my boys 5/2014 AKV 12/2014 VWL10/2015 VWL 5/2009 DVC Owners Villas at Wilderness lodge!

Anna114 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 02:12 PM   #33
Jacquie668
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I called him an idiot because he did something idiotic. how would you feel if this guy came onto your property and was taking videos of you and your kids and family and posting them online without your permission?

I never watched his videos, and didn't know he existed until this thread starte.
1. He never broke into peoples homes and took pictures of their children and families. People love to twist things past the hard cold facts in order to try to prove a side. There is no side here (in my opinion), the guy got caught, he got banned and yes he knew the risks and did it anyhow. He may say he feels he did nothing wrong, which he does as I watched the vlog video about the banning, but deep down he knows what he was doing was not okay with Disney. They knew him by name, they were ready for him, they were actually (according to Adam) nice about things.

2. He took video and pictures of abandoned parts of Disney.

3. He took video and pictures of behind the scenes parts of Disney.

4. He was not the first and only person to do this. Obviously Disney wanted to send a message to those who ARE doing this.

5. He got caught. He got banned. That is pretty much it. He wasn't a peeping tom. Nor did he stalk your children in the night with a camera.. He took video of abandoned and infamous parts of Disney such as "The Death Pond" and the "Snow White Village" left over from the 30s or 40s. Etc etc... He now calls his twelve videos of Disney "The Disney Twelve."

The basic story is interesting, but this whole exaggeration of the story as in "What if he broke into your house and peed on your carpet" (movie reference) is ridiculous as it has nothing to do with Adam or Disney! lol

Quote:
very harsh punishment! I've seen plenty of River Country pics (also sad) and I saw them here on Disboards. Is Disney shutting down the forum next? Big Brother is watching
I think they were sending a message to the others who are doing this "the dark side of Disney" and etc. Still I find the stories and videos interesting and yeah Big Brother is indeed watching.

Last edited by Jacquie668; 01-20-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:48 PM   #34
Peter Pirate 2
I may be a Disney curmudgeon but I still have Disney hope
What happened to Peter Pirate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquie668 View Post
1. He never broke into peoples homes and took pictures of their children and families. People love to twist things past the hard cold facts in order to try to prove a side. There is no side here (in my opinion), the guy got caught, he got banned and yes he knew the risks and did it anyhow. He may say he feels he did nothing wrong, which he does as I watched the vlog video about the banning, but deep down he knows what he was doing was not okay with Disney. They knew him by name, they were ready for him, they were actually (according to Adam) nice about things.

4. He was not the first and only person to do this. Obviously Disney wanted to send a message to those who ARE doing this.

5. He got caught. He got banned. That is pretty much it. He wasn't a peeping tom. Nor did he stalk your children in the night with a camera.. He took video of abandoned and infamous parts of Disney such as "The Death Pond" and the "Snow White Village" left over from the 30s or 40s. Etc etc... He now calls his twelve videos of Disney "The Disney Twelve."

The basic story is interesting, but this whole exaggeration of the story as in "What if he broke into your house and peed on your carpet" (movie reference) is ridiculous as it has nothing to do with Adam or Disney! lol

I think they were sending a message to the others who are doing this "the dark side of Disney" and etc. Still I find the stories and videos interesting and yeah Big Brother is indeed watching.
Good post!

But, but, but ...he trespassed in closed areas of Disney! He took pictures of these areas! He didn't have permission!

So surely he must be a pedophile, stalker and all around evil guy. Maybe a potential violent criminal!
Peter Pirate 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:24 PM   #35
Mouse14
Wish I was at the Lodge

I find it funny how some of his videos have Disney sponsored ads before his start...

Dates i can remember....
Annual pass holder in Feb 2010

Wilderness lodge- (Feb 4,5,6 2010)(Feb 4,5,6 2011)
Caribbean Beach - (Mar 2010)
Saratoga Springs- (July 2010)
Coronado- (Aug2010)
Offsite for Not so scary Halloween party (Oct 2010)
Allstar Movies for Very Merry Christmas party (Dec2010)

POP for Vey Merry (Dec 2011)
Aulani for honeymoon (Feb 4-11 2012)
Mouse14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:37 PM   #36
Anna114
Pluto Rocks!

Quote:

So, because you don't deem what he did as SO wrong, it's OK???? That's in line with because he only stabbed him but didn't kill him that's OK. Good grief. What he did was wrong, for many of us, it's a black and white issue. Since you think it's a grey issue it's OK? It's not an exaggeration as you put it, it's wrong. Law is law, simply put. If you break into my home and steal my jewelry but not my gun it's a lesser crime.... the heck it is. A crime is a crime, culpable mental state is an issue, to a certain degree, but in the end it's still a crime.
5/1988 POLY (Honeymoon) 2/1998 Offsite 5/2002 Caribbean Beach 5/2006 Wilderness Lodge 12/2007 POP 8/2009 Port Orleans Riverside 5/2010 POLY CL (Anniversary) 10/2010 SSR 1/2011 OKW 8/2011 FW Cabins & VWL 12/2011 SSR 5/2012 VWL 9/2012 VWL 8/2013 VWL 25th Ann. w/my boys 5/2014 AKV 12/2014 VWL10/2015 VWL 5/2009 DVC Owners Villas at Wilderness lodge!

Anna114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:56 PM   #37
twebber55
DIS Veteran

I love the saying "you get to make your decisions but you don't get to choose consequences"
June 2010 BWV
June 2011 VB
June 2011 BC
June 2012 BC
June 2012 THV
June 2014 BC
twebber55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:09 PM   #38
DVCMikey
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Its really not ridiculous. The guy trespassed into an area he was not supposed to be. Just as if he was to trespass on your property.
DVCMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:13 PM   #39
DVCMikey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pirate 2 View Post
Good post!

But, but, but ...he trespassed in closed areas of Disney! He took pictures of these areas! He didn't have permission!

So surely he must be a pedophile, stalker and all around evil guy. Maybe a potential violent criminal!
Next time a person comes onto your property, don't call the cops because well, its ok.
DVCMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #40
Jacquie668
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Good post!

Quote:
I find it funny how some of his videos have Disney sponsored ads before his start...
That is interesting, I don't always see the ads lol. I wonder if that is the same on his vlog.

Last edited by Jacquie668; 01-20-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:47 PM   #41
Peter Pirate 2

Quote:
Next time a person comes onto your property, don't call the cops because well, its ok.
Happened today chief. I did not call the cops because, well, it was ok. He was looking in the ocean on my pier. I could have been a **** and called the cops but why hassle a tourist???
Old 01-20-2013, 06:15 PM   #42
Jacquie668
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Happened today chief. I did not call the cops because, well, it was ok. He was looking in the ocean on my pier. I could have been a **** and called the cops but why hassle a tourist???

Ocean, pier, sounds like paradise! (Sorry for the off topic comment couldn't resist)
Old 01-20-2013, 06:28 PM   #43
Quicklabs
DIS Veteran

He got off lightly.

It makes me nuts when people adopt the attitude that the rules are for everyone else except them. I wouldn't call him an idiot, I'd call him a narcissist.

I've eaten at 66 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (27%)
Quicklabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:35 PM   #44
Peter Pirate 2

It drives me nuts when people pretend all rules, laws, crimes, etc. are the same.

This guy broke the law and deserves to be punished. He does. Fine. It's the people who up the ante to make him seem like some disgusting low life who really need the psychiatric help.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:50 PM   #45
twebber55
DIS Veteran

Its not like he got a serious penalty. He can't go to wdw big deal
June 2010 BWV
June 2011 VB
June 2011 BC
June 2012 BC
June 2012 THV
June 2014 BC
twebber55 is offline   Reply With Quote