Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 11:18 AM   #1
IamErica
Mouseketeer
 
IamErica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 159

Ramada Maingate West Kissimmee

Hello
I am looking into this hotel as it is one of the few that have the shuttle to Busch Gardens. We are staying in Orlando due to cheaper flight prices.
I have been reading the reviews and they are HORRIBLE!
Anyone have experience there?
THanks!
__________________
Erica DS Cody(17)
Nala Velma Scobby Doo
Disney World ~Off site 1985
Disney World ~Pop Century February 2008
Disney World/ Universal Studios ~All Stars Music: Family trip Februaruy 2010
California girls trip/ Universal Studios Hollywood ~ March 2011
RCCL Caribbean cruise February 2012~ Mother and son trip
Gulf Coast & Busch Gardens ~Treasure Bay Hotel and Marina/ Sea World ~ Residence Inn by Marriott at SW ~February 2013
IamErica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:29 PM   #2
Jonell
DIS Veteran
 
Jonell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 761

We stayed there a few times over the years and it was ok until our last visit in Sept 2012. This hotel has gone downhill very quickly. We arrived at 3am after a 11 hr drive for a 1 night stay. We entered the room and it was just dampness and mildew smell. The sheet even felt damp . We asked to change rooms and the second room was the same. If it had not been 4 am by this time we would have left, but we were exhausted and slept on the damp sheets. It was GROSS!!! We checked as soon as we woke up. I voiced my complaint to the the front desk and vowed to never return!!!!!
__________________
Jonell is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-19-2013, 07:09 PM   #3
Lewisc

DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 18,328

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamErica
Hello
I am looking into this hotel as it is one of the few that have the shuttle to Busch Gardens. We are staying in Orlando due to cheaper flight prices.
I have been reading the reviews and they are HORRIBLE!
Anyone have experience there?
THanks!
Will you have a car? If yes drive to bg. No car? Will you be going to wdw or other Orlando parks? Pick a hotel with good price good reviews and good shuttle to parks. Walk or taxi to bg shuttle stop. How many days? What parks?
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:45 AM   #4
TamaraQT
Mouseketeer
 
TamaraQT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonell View Post
We stayed there a few times over the years and it was ok until our last visit in Sept 2012. This hotel has gone downhill very quickly. We arrived at 3am after a 11 hr drive for a 1 night stay. We entered the room and it was just dampness and mildew smell. The sheet even felt damp . We asked to change rooms and the second room was the same. If it had not been 4 am by this time we would have left, but we were exhausted and slept on the damp sheets. It was GROSS!!! We checked as soon as we woke up. I voiced my complaint to the the front desk and vowed to never return!!!!!
Wow, that is terrible!! My own personal belief is that hotels give the late arrival people the rooms that everyone else turned down. Some people bellieve that rooms are assigned already and written in stone. But if that were the case, they wouldnt offer you an alternative room. Just something to think about. I hope the rest of your vacation was a lot better than your first night!
__________________
TamaraQT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:05 PM   #5
IamErica
Mouseketeer
 
IamErica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisc View Post
Will you have a car? If yes drive to bg. No car? Will you be going to wdw or other Orlando parks? Pick a hotel with good price good reviews and good shuttle to parks. Walk or taxi to bg shuttle stop. How many days? What parks?
I would probably rent a car and just drive back and forth. The days are flexible depending on the airfare. Maybe 3-5 days.
I have been researching other hotels since this one had such bad reviews.
We have done the Disney parks, Universal and Cocoa Beach. So we want to hit the west coast action.
__________________
Erica DS Cody(17)
Nala Velma Scobby Doo
Disney World ~Off site 1985
Disney World ~Pop Century February 2008
Disney World/ Universal Studios ~All Stars Music: Family trip Februaruy 2010
California girls trip/ Universal Studios Hollywood ~ March 2011
RCCL Caribbean cruise February 2012~ Mother and son trip
Gulf Coast & Busch Gardens ~Treasure Bay Hotel and Marina/ Sea World ~ Residence Inn by Marriott at SW ~February 2013
IamErica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:41 PM   #6
Lewisc

DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 18,328

The drive to BGT is easy. The hospitality area with free beer is ancient history. Really no reason not to drive.

You absolutely won't drive. Consider hotels within a 10 minute drive of the Publix location. I doubt you'll have a problem leaving your car in a supermarket parking lot. The Marriott Village by Lake Byran is only 1.2 miles. The Doubletree in DTD is only 2.5 miles. 5 minute drive according to mapquest. Literally dozens of hotels to pick from.

Will you be going to Seaworld? A number of hotels are in walking distance, or have a free shuttle to SW. You could take the BG bus from SW.

TamaraQT Orlando is overbuilt. My belief is older properties have two choices. They can spend $$$, renovate, add amenities and hope to be able to charge a profitable rate. Nick hotel is probably the best example. They can let the hotel run down and hope a low price will fill the rooms.

A few of those hotels might be sort of OK (for the price) and many others are more disgusting then you can imagine.

edited to add: Are you planning on spending more then one day at BG? Book a hotel near BG for one (or more) of your nights.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #7
villavic
Earning My Ears
 
villavic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 27

I stayed in june 2012 and it was fine. Cleaning and security are main factors to me, so I'd remember if it smelled or was dirty. The room was fine, not like Jonell described. I'm worried after reading his post cause I'll be again there on this march 27. And maybe it's too late to change hotel and find a cheap good alternative.
villavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #8
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side
 
spiceycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: birmingham, Al
Posts: 36,927

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamErica View Post
I would probably rent a car and just drive back and forth. The days are flexible depending on the airfare. Maybe 3-5 days.
I have been researching other hotels since this one had such bad reviews.
We have done the Disney parks, Universal and Cocoa Beach. So we want to hit the west coast action.
then would stay closer to BS - Tampa has a bunch of hotels = remember the cost of gasoline has gone up - so staying in Tampa might actually be cheaper than driving that far daily.

bs is not like Disney - some of the inexpensive hotels are walking distance.
__________________
Pat J

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #9
villavic
Earning My Ears
 
villavic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by villavic View Post
I stayed in june 2012 and it was fine. Cleaning and security are main factors to me, so I'd remember if it smelled or was dirty. The room was fine, not like Jonell described. I'm worried after reading his post cause I'll be again there on this march 27. And maybe it's too late to change hotel and find a cheap good alternative.
I have to update, I agree with most of what Jonell said. The room was clean but the corridors smelled. The staff is really rude, I asked by phone for help cause the security box didn't work (and after 2 fixes I gave up, it never worked well). The wifi never worked at the room, nobody wanted to help. The buffet sucked. The pool has a strong, really strong smell of chlorine or bleach that reaches the corridors. They charge you $10 additional for "amenities", per day (ordinary coffee and soaps :S )

I have to correct also, I wasn't there before, I got confused. I had been in the Ramada across the street, the Ramada Gateway, in 2011, and it was far better.
__________________
villavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:07 PM   #10
2girlsmom
DIS Veteran
 
2girlsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tampa area
Posts: 4,394

Yep, we stayed there last year, and while my kids adored the pool area, the room was subpar. It was cleanish, but carpets were stained, they short sheeted the beds, etc. We will not be going to this one again. We are locals to Tampa, so I can't tell you how good the hotels are in Tampa, but if I were in your situation, and depending of course on how late your flights are, I would rent a car and drive to Tampa, and stay in one of the BG partner hotels, they are very close, offer shuttles to the hotels, some are on the beach in Clearwater/St Pete area, and they have specials including all day dine, etc.
__________________
Kristi
me,dh Rick,Meag & Catie

& Lucky
2girlsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:12 AM   #11
Dani Lamberto
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2

Everyone on tripadvisor is saying the same thing!

Google tripadvisor and also google "Circle of Doom Dan Lambert"- he's the owner.

Major timeshare scam going on in south Florida.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonell View Post
We stayed there a few times over the years and it was ok until our last visit in Sept 2012. This hotel has gone downhill very quickly. We arrived at 3am after a 11 hr drive for a 1 night stay. We entered the room and it was just dampness and mildew smell. The sheet even felt damp . We asked to change rooms and the second room was the same. If it had not been 4 am by this time we would have left, but we were exhausted and slept on the damp sheets. It was GROSS!!! We checked as soon as we woke up. I voiced my complaint to the the front desk and vowed to never return!!!!!
Dani Lamberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:35 PM   #12
vleeth
I heart Disney
 
vleeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,788

I googled it and didn't find anything other than other websites saying to Google this.
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.