Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
jhaig
I'd bet you'd be hungry if we were having Tony-loaf

Pools At Contemporary / Bay Lake Tower

We have never stayed at CR but will be staying there for the first time this December. What is the pool set-up there? We will be in the Garden Wing. Does the Garden Wing have its own pool? Can you use the pools at CR and BLT?

2007 VWL 2009 VWL 2010 POR Riverside 2011 POR Riverside 2012 CR Concierge 2014 GF
jhaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #2
Sue M
DIS Veteran

The Garden Wing has the same pool access as the tower. But the BLT pool is off limits unless you stay at BLT. Some DVC resorts share pools, like BCV, WLV, etc with the regular resort, but BLT doesn't share pools with CR.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #3
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

There are two very nice pools at the Contemporary Resort...One is the theme pool...it has a hot tub area and a slide...and there is also the Bay Lake pool...which kind of juts out into the lake...hence the name...LOL...I think...That is where the CR's cabanas are located....There is also a childrens splash area that is pretty new...They are all available to guests staying at the CR....as PP said tower or garden wing...

Ther are garden wing rooms that are located close to the theme pool...I think that would depend on your room category too...the CR thread has lots of good info on it...

Enjoy your first stay there...I bet it wont be your last!
BlueSkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:14 PM   #4
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
There are two very nice pools at the Contemporary Resort...One is the theme pool...it has a hot tub area and a slide...and there is also the Bay Lake pool...which kind of juts out into the lake...hence the name...LOL...I think...That is where the CR's cabanas are located....There is also a childrens splash area that is pretty new...They are all available to guests staying at the CR....as PP said tower or garden wing...

Ther are garden wing rooms that are located close to the theme pool...I think that would depend on your room category too...the CR thread has lots of good info on it...

Enjoy your first stay there...I bet it wont be your last!
Just wanted to add that there are also rental cabanas at the Mickey-shaped (main CR) pool. And, there are two hot tubs, one next to the main pool and one inside of the main pool.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:41 PM   #5
KrazeeK120
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Just wanted to add that there are also rental cabanas at the Mickey-shaped (main CR) pool. And, there are two hot tubs, one next to the main pool and one inside of the main pool.
Actually, the rental cabanas are at the pool that juts out into the lake. The two pools are mere feet from each other. Also, the feature pool isn't Mickey-shaped. It's freeform. I spent each afternoon of my recent vacation on the balcony of my 11th floor room overlooking Bay Lake and could see the pools well from there. One day I went exploring to see what the cabanas were and found out that you had to rent them ahead of time.

The Garden Wing rooms are actually the closest to the pool. It will be steps from your door!

Have a great trip!!!
Old 04-29-2012, 08:37 AM   #6
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeeK120 View Post
Actually, the rental cabanas are at the pool that juts out into the lake. The two pools are mere feet from each other. Also, the feature pool isn't Mickey-shaped. It's freeform. I spent each afternoon of my recent vacation on the balcony of my 11th floor room overlooking Bay Lake and could see the pools well from there. One day I went exploring to see what the cabanas were and found out that you had to rent them ahead of time.

The Garden Wing rooms are actually the closest to the pool. It will be steps from your door!

Have a great trip!!!
There are four cabanas available for rent at the CR. Two of the cabanas are located at the quiet pool and two are now located near the feature/main pool.

In this picture, you can see one of the cabanas (closed-up) in the upper left near the main pool chairs. The other one is not pictured, but is on the opposite side of the pool:

When the CR first offered cabana rentals in 2009, all four cabanas surrounded the quiet pool. They have since moved two of the cabanas to the main pool area (I believe they were moved in 2011). Also, the main/feature pool is meant to loosely resemble Mickey's ears and is considered a "Hidden Mickey" by HM aficionados.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:20 AM   #7
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

We actually rented the cabana in the picture above last August 2011 and it is indeed next to the free form pool. It was my son's birthday and they actually brought out balloons and tied to the cabana and also brought him a dessert with a candle in it. It was a nice afternoon and I could see the slide very well from my lounge chair.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:47 PM   #8
cayennews
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Can anyone comment on how deep the pool at BLT is? I will be there with a 4 year old who is not a good swimmer. Is there a very shallow part of the main pool?
cayennews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:55 AM   #9
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

If you rent points for BLT are you still allowed to use that pool, or is like the bar, and only for those who own at BLT?
Old 01-20-2013, 07:17 AM   #10
MinnieGirl33
Hockey Mom to 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
If you rent points for BLT are you still allowed to use that pool, or is like the bar, and only for those who own at BLT?
If you are staying at BLT you are allowed to use their pool. Your KTTW card (or should I say Magic Band?) will open the gates.

MinnieGirl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:57 AM   #11
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by cayennews View Post
Can anyone comment on how deep the pool at BLT is? I will be there with a 4 year old who is not a good swimmer. Is there a very shallow part of the main pool?
The BLT pool is 4 feet in the center and it is zero entry which would be a very shallow area. There is also a splash area next to the pool.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:39 AM   #12
BJSforVols
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
The Garden Wing has the same pool access as the tower. But the BLT pool is off limits unless you stay at BLT. Some DVC resorts share pools, like BCV, WLV, etc with the regular resort, but BLT doesn't share pools with CR.
Can the guest at BLT use the CR pools?
BJSforVols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:48 AM   #13
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJSforVols View Post
Can the guest at BLT use the CR pools?
Yes.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:30 AM   #14
cayennews
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Thanks. We are trying to decide between CB and BLT. We don't want to base our decision completely on the pools for the kids, but it is a factor.
cayennews is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: