Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2013, 11:46 AM   #16
Frumpy Princess ♥

Disneyfreak508's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Living the dream. :)
Posts: 2,843

Chapter 20: Spending Our Last Moments at Epcot
January 4th, 2013

I woke up at 8:30 am and was so sad I had to leave that day. Thankfully I would be back VERY soon... but I would miss my family. And the YaCHt Club. I got ready and packed up all of my stuff.

All week the under armor football team was staying at our resort, and today was the day of their big game! It was just so funny because you could totally pick out the big football players as opposed to all of the other guests. I couldn't believe they were in high school - they looked like grown men! On this day all of their families, coaches, and recruiters were coming out. It was a big deal!

I posted on twitter:
The under armor games football team is taking over the yacht club.

Now this... this was one of my favorite moments of the trip right here.

Mom and I went to Beach Club Marketplace and it was really cold out. So we walked in that little indoor pathway by Yachtsman Steakhouse to stay warm.

We saw a Cast Member training 3 CP’s for Concierge. He said hello to us and asked what I was celebrating when he saw my button. I told him that I was celebrating my upcoming college program! He got all excited! He asked what role, what resort, and just was so happy for me!

He then proceeded to go on and on spewing out my EXACT life plan. He said “Disney likes to take their CM's from the bottom up. So you’ll probably do your CP, a second CP, a Professional internship, become a manager, and eventually be a VP of one of the divisions.” I literally said to him, “how did you know!?” I took it as a sign because the way it happened was just too crazy. Like my Mom says, God must've planned that one! I am about to embark on an incredible journey!

I posted on twitter:
So a manager just perfectly explained to me my life plan w/ the Disney company starting with the CP & working my way up #doingtherightthing

And he didn't even know me. I'm taking it as a sign. #Newbeginnings

I'm leaving today but I just know that this is the start of something wonderful (: #SOexcited #18days

I traded some pins, we got some breakfast, (I just got a little thing of Rice Krispies) and then we went back to the room to finish packing.

We went downstairs, checked in for our flights, and checked our bags right at the resort. BEST CONVENIENCE EVER.

Then we went back up to the room, got our carry on luggage, and brought it to the car. From there we went over to Epcot! Dad and I went straight to Test Track to get more fastpasses. Mom and Jon went to The Land and would meet us there.

Test Track was absolutely MOBBED. It was awful. I waited in a very long line just to get fastpasses. They were for 2:35 pm – 3:35 pm which would thankfully work for us.

We went to The Land so we could go to Sunshine Season’s for lunch! I was still SUPER full from Ohana but I figured I needed to eat.

I posted on twitter:
I can't handle anything more than a kids meal right now. #ohanahangover

Jon and I both got Kid’s Mac and Cheese. It was SUPER good and it was such a perfect portion. You get the mac and cheese, 2 sides, and a little bottle of water for like $6. It’s a really good deal.

Jon also got Asian Chicken, Mom got a salad, and Dad got some chicken. But did they take food pictures? NO. Have I taught them nothing!?!

Even though I was SO full I still had to get Strawberry Shortcake. I can’t resist that stuff!! It's just so cold, the strawberries are so fresh, and the frosting is so fluffy!

Epcot was SO CROWDED but the line for Living with the Land was only about 10-15 minutes. So we hopped in line! At least that was relaxing and enjoyable.

Look at the little shrimp around the hidden mickey!

Then we went on Figment! Always a classic.

World Showcase was next. We walked to the UK, but then Jon and I decided we wanted to go on Gran Fiesta Tour. So we backtracked to Mexico! It had the longest line I have ever seen for this attraction.

I posted on twitter:
Welp. I know every word to the three caballeros song on the gran fiesta tour. #notmad

Then we went back to Canada and met up with Mom and Dad. They saved us seats so we could watch Off Kilter! Random, I know. But like… WHY HAVE I NOT WATCHED THEM BEFORE!?

I posted on twitter:
Watching Off Kilter in the misty and cool wether. Yup, just like the real Canada!

Dad LOVES watching the bands in the World Showcase. That's literally all he wanted to do this day. But I mean... they were really good! I’m so glad I finally had a chance to watch their show! That has to be such a great gig for them. They played the song “Danny Boy” which I sang in chorus my junior year of high school! I was so happy.

Little side story – apparently when Preston was younger, he found this random burned CD in his yard so he took it inside and listened to it. It was of this band called “Off Kilter” and he really liked them, but could never find anything about them. So when he went to Disney during his senior year of high school, he was at Epcot and he realized that Off Kilter performed in Disney.

I swear, this kid and I were meant to be together. Too weird.

So anyways… around 3 pm we went to use our Test Track FP’s. The line was still INSANE and it took about 20 minutes for us to get on the ride. Not terrible, but ya know.

It was a good ride and a great way to start and end the trip!

We walked out after that and went back to the Yacht Club. It was so cold and misty as we left the most wonderful place on earth.

Bye, bye Yacht Club.

I posted on twitter:
The Yacht Club and I are now going to have to be in a long distance relationship. I will miss you, beautiful.

We hopped in Brooke and drove to the airport. We parked her at the airport in long term parking so I could get her when I come down for my DCP!

We went in the airport, got some Quiznos for dinner, and went through security. We flew JetBlue home. I spent the entire ride home typing up my trip journal which gave me a great head start on this trip report. Also, Jon’s headphone jack wasn’t working for the TV so JetBlue gave us a $15 voucher! That was really nice.

We arrived back home to the COLD. Yuck. We rented a car so we could drive it home, and I think I suffered one of my most unpleasant and coldest moments of my life when we were in that parking garage. People were just being crazy drivers, it was SO windy, and it was BEYOND freezing. Reality shock hurts, man. I would have been legitimately angry if I wasn't moving to Disney world in a couple weeks.

I posted on twitter:
Back in my city of current residence. Only 16 days until I go HOME!!! #18tillDCP

So we drove home… and I probably went to bed because I think we got home very late!


I just wanted to thank you all so much for reading this report that was written in record time! Sorry to rush off, but I'm KIND OF LEAVING FOR MY DCP TODAY. OMG.

Here is the link to my new DCP trip report. I hope you will all follow me over there. I can't wait to tell you all about my adventures!


I hope you enjoyed the report! Thank you again and have the magical of all magical days! I know I will! EEP! (:
Disneyfreak508 is offline  

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: