Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 10:05 AM   #61
wdwmom2
It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow
Hopefully the Disney magic will kick in
my co-workers made me bath in Scope mouth wash
Fractured Prune is like donut Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
I cruised out of Bayonne, back in 2006. We were on a 14 day cruise and left our car in the parking lot of the cruise terminal. When we got back, we found that our car and every car in the lot, was painted Battleship Gray, it was over spray, they had painted a ship in the dock and every car in the lot had paint all over it, it took a year, but they finally paid for the clean up of the car, 1500.00.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your MTD experience, I am looking forward to it. I just did not like having to pick a time, so the fact that you walked up without a reservation is nice.

We both ride also, so the fact that you are getting to take your bike is awesome, I would love to hear how that works out.

We have never been to Maho Beach but our friends went last time and loved it and talked us into to going with them this time. I will take a bunch of pictures and share when I get back.
I have heard of the over-spray horror stories. Actually, we will be trailering the Harley to Staten Island. We are doing a stay/park/cruise. So truck/trailer will stay at the hotel. DH will have to ride the bike to the port. I will be taking all our luggage on a free shuttle service that the hotel offers.

I will either post a trip report or PM you about the trip. I am a picture taker too!!! Over on cruisecritic I met a lady and her DH that is taking this cruise with us. They are from Long Island. I can't wait to actually meet them in person. We keep in touch through e-mails.

wdwmom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:14 AM   #62
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom2 View Post
I have heard of the over-spray horror stories. Actually, we will be trailering the Harley to Staten Island. We are doing a stay/park/cruise. So truck/trailer will stay at the hotel. DH will have to ride the bike to the port. I will be taking all our luggage on a free shuttle service that the hotel offers.

I will either post a trip report or PM you about the trip. I am a picture taker too!!! Over on cruisecritic I met a lady and her DH that is taking this cruise with us. They are from Long Island. I can't wait to actually meet them in person. We keep in touch through e-mails.
I am on cruise critic also. I have met some great people that way.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 10:39 AM   #63
TifffanyD
Agreeing and making sense are not the same thing
I need to reload

I'm on there too!
TifffanyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:46 AM   #64
Soldier's*Sweeties
I WILL walk three miles in the snow, uphill, barefoot for a Pumpkin Spice Latte
I'll take the Palmettos

I signed up for CC also, but I just lurk. Not a single post.
Bonus book #26- Parasite(Parasitology #1) Mira Grant
2014 Reading Challenge: 35 Books
#1-Bad Monkey Carl Hiaasen, #2- Undead and Unwed MaryJanice Davidson, #3- New Year Island Paul Draker, #4- Belle de Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl Anonymous, #5-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Mary Roach,
#6- Undead and Unemployed MaryJanice Davidson, #7- Infected Scott Sigler, #8- Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex Mary Roach, #9- Flesh Worn Stone John Burks, #10- Uganda Be Kidding Me Chelsea Handler,
#11- The Witness Sandra Brown, #12-Midnight Crossroad Charlaine Harris, #13- Under the Dome Stephen King, #14- Monument 14 Emmy Laybourne, #15- Monument 14: Sky on Fire Emmy Laybourne
Soldier's*Sweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:37 AM   #65
dgbg100106

well if you saw me over there you would recognize me... I got the same name as here...

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 01-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #66
TifffanyD
I need to reload

I think my name is the same too
Old 01-20-2013, 12:59 PM   #67
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by TifffanyD View Post
I think my name is the same too
Great minds think alike

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 01-20-2013, 01:53 PM   #68
funkychunkymonkey
DIS Veteran

one question, How is cruising for people with seasickness? does the ship rock alot or no? I have managed to do smaller boat rides (a cataram and a 3 hour shipwreck tour) and did ok (with multiple sea bands). i would love to try a cruise with my sister sometime, they look like a wonderful way to see the world. Do you get alot of time at the places the ship stops? I would want time to get off the ship and do lots of hiking and photography. Any advice of were to look for a good cruise (gasp) down near Africa, or austraila?
RIP:
guiedo (guiena pig) bluebeard
funkychunkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #69
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychunkymonkey View Post
one question, How is cruising for people with seasickness? does the ship rock alot or no? I have managed to do smaller boat rides (a cataram and a 3 hour shipwreck tour) and did ok (with multiple sea bands). i would love to try a cruise with my sister sometime, they look like a wonderful way to see the world. Do you get alot of time at the places the ship stops? I would want time to get off the ship and do lots of hiking and photography. Any advice of were to look for a good cruise (gasp) down near Africa, or austraila?
Different times of the year and different bodies of water would give you calm seas. But everywhere can have a storm and these provide some pretty rough seas.

I have seen days smooth as glass and others we have had 25 foot swells.

Larger boats do not move as much as smaller ones so stick with a larger ship, over 85,000 tons.

Since I am not sure your level of sickness, I would not dare speculate on your ability to cruise.

Some ports we have been over night with two full days, other we have been in port only hours. You will need to check each cruise for the length of stay in the ports.

If you are interested in different ports of call or different starting and stopping ports, I would check with cruise critic, or start with some of the bigger lines, royal Caribbean, celebrity, caranaval, princess, ncl.....

I do know celerity goes to Australia.

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 01-20-2013, 02:38 PM   #70
wdwmom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychunkymonkey View Post
DH and my BF (best friend, not boyfriend) are extremely prone to motion sickness.

DH gets his doc to prescribe the scopolamine patch. He has never had an issue on on cruise ship while wearing it. He did have it come off one night, and didn't put a new one on immediately. Within a short period of time he started to feel it. He went back to the cabin and placed a new one on. This was shortly before bedtime. By morning, he was good again!!!

My BF swears by ginger capsules. She starts taking them a day or two before the cruise, and continues through the cruise taking them twice a day. She has had no issues on the two cruises I have been on with her.

As far as where you would like to cruise to, go straight to the different cruiselines websites. Search for a cruise by choosing your destination. It will give you your options. That's where I would start.

Cruisecritic is a wonderful forum with TONS of great information!!!!

Old 01-20-2013, 02:42 PM   #71
TifffanyD
I need to reload

I am prone to motion sickness in cars but I don't think on boats. However, I do take the ginger capsules to help. Only time I got seasick was when we took a ferry from St Thomas to St John and it was rough seas. However... I did not succumb to the illness.... unlike a lot of others.

When I do get sick... it's due to cocktails and I just blame it on the sea
Old 01-20-2013, 02:43 PM   #72
TifffanyD
I need to reload

Oh also... try to stay midship. If you think of a seesaw... the ends move the most. The center should move the least. I also feel like lower decks move less, but I think that's just a myth with a placebo affect.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:46 PM   #73
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
I'm on there too!
Your on CC? So am I.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #74
wdwmom2

Quote:
Oh also... try to stay midship. If you think of a seesaw... the ends move the most. The center should move the least. I also feel like lower decks move less, but I think that's just a myth with a placebo affect.
That's what we do. Mid-ship, balcony snob here

We also like to be near the stairs/elevators. Very convenient. Never had an issue with noise from people in the hallway.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #75
TifffanyD
I need to reload

We stay wherever and on DCL often an inside. But our worst room ever was DCL when we booked FL res rated balcony and were right under the pool deck and right by the food places - ugh! so noisy.

Tags
caribbean, celebrity, cruise, fun, spain

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: