Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 10:56 AM   #16
Nala 84
Earning My Ears

Aww, what a wonderful trip report, thank you very much ! We'll go on our first cruise in June, but onboard of the Magic instead of the Fantasy. But we'll have a toddler with us aswell, I'm really curious how it'll be for him.

I'm looking forward to the rest of your report
Nala 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #17
Mom3NY
Earning My Ears

Hello I have a question regarding onboard charges. Is there any way to prepay excursions, bar purchases and gift shop purchases? I want to avoid getting a invoice left at my stateroom. So hoping if I prepay no one has to see how much was actually spent.

DH
DW (me)

DD turning (13) in Jan
DS turning (9) in Feb
DD turning (5) on cruise
Mom3NY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 12:08 PM   #18
Woodmnky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenni View Post
Thank you very much for writing your TR. My son will be 20 months when we cruise this spring and this is the best description of Nemo's Reef and other toddler specific info that I have found!

A couple of quick question - were you able to use the cups with lids during the day or did you bring your own sippy cups?

And did you do any excursions with your son?
There are paper cups with lids and straws available at the drink station by the pool and we used these some. I also brought a couple of sippy cups that we used part of the time as well. There wasn't any cups with lids available in the buffet.

We did not do any excursions with DS. I have learned that with my son lower key is better, so we just hung out on the ship. I never got bored and neither did DS. DH was starting to get a bit restless in San Juan so he walked to the forts on his own.
Woodmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:13 PM   #19
Woodmnky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom3NY View Post
Hello I have a question regarding onboard charges. Is there any way to prepay excursions, bar purchases and gift shop purchases? I want to avoid getting a invoice left at my stateroom. So hoping if I prepay no one has to see how much was actually spent.
All onboard purchases are charged to your stateroom account. If you really don't want anyone seeing your print out check with guest services. Even if you leave a payment of cash on your account they will still give you a statement showing the charges and credits to the account. I always get a print out early on the last day so that I have time to review it and make sure the charges are correct.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #20
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

My daughter also displayed symptoms of SPD at that age (when we were cruising the Dream) and your pirate night observations are right on point.

She hated the dancing, the fireworks, etc. We took her down, she calmed down alot and had more fun. The craziness really upset her...

Other than that she was fine with the rest of our cruise. Thanks for talking about the Silk milk. DD needs that too. We're cruising the Magic soon, so hopefully they'll have it too.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:44 PM   #21
Woodmnky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
My daughter also displayed symptoms of SPD at that age (when we were cruising the Dream) and your pirate night observations are right on point.

She hated the dancing, the fireworks, etc. We took her down, she calmed down alot and had more fun. The craziness really upset her...

Other than that she was fine with the rest of our cruise. Thanks for talking about the Silk milk. DD needs that too. We're cruising the Magic soon, so hopefully they'll have it too.
Enjoy your cruise. We loved our cruise and actually DS just woke up from nap asking for the Mickey Boat, so another is definitely in our future.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:34 PM   #22
Lisamarie4400
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for your report.
October 2013 One Day for Halloween Party
January 2014 3 Days on Disney Magic Cruise Ship

December 2014 5 days on Disney Wonder
Lisamarie4400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:21 PM   #23
PixieDustandEeyore
DIS Veteran

Loving all your information. May I ask what baby carrier you're using Im in the market for one for our next cruise. Sometimes my ds just wants to be held and its hard to hold him the old fashion way for long periods of time
PixieDustandEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:26 AM   #24
DisneYE
Mouseketeer

Very nice TR. Very informative for those traveling with a toddler like your DS.
Enjoyed reading it.. You seemed to have fun... you guys reminded me of my DW and I when we did our first DCL a few years ago with our then DD4.
Thanks for sharing..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: