Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 04:14 AM   #46
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
It's not going to help the OP now, but I have always heard that the best way to lodge a complaint to DCL is to put it on the Guest comment card before you leave the ship.

Sayhello
Since coming to this part of the board for our first cruise, I have read multiple times that they take the comment card very seriously. I mean if they fire a CM based on a slightly unhappy guest, then I would think that they would take anything you put on that card very seriously.

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:20 AM   #47
hoff41
We love us some cruisin'

I don't always have complaints, but when I do I give them through snail mail

-the most interesting cruiser in the world

But seriously when I do it through snail mail I always get a response and have gotten OBC.
July 2013 WDW - Marriott's Harbour Lake: DD First Trip to WDW
(to be booked) January 2016 - 2nd DD First Cruise
hoff41 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 06:38 AM   #48
sarahandgreg
Earning My Ears

Before we left I got a call from disney special services - this was more to do with the fact that mum was bringing oxygen onto the ship but they were very helpful regarding the diet. We were told to alert the head server or dining room member/assistant in the restaurants as we went in so they could accomodate us.
First day of boarding we went to enchanted garden for lunch - its a buffet so we thought it would be easy as mum pretty much can pick her way through most items from years of having this condition. We were concerned though about some fish in a sauce so we asked one of the staff to help - he looked at us like we were alien - no idea at all about the coeliac allergy. He did however ask another colleague who went off to find out. 20 mins later he came back with "no" we could not eat that item - by then we had given up and chosen something else.
Another example was my mum was given a sauce for her chicken one night that had possibly had flour in it - luckily enough she only had the bare minimum before the head server whisked it off - she was not sick so no damage done.
in Cabanas its particularly bad - a lot of servers from different nationalities - lovely people but language barriers so they dont always get what you are asking - usually long delays whilst they run off to find out etc.
On a positive note the food they offer for gluten free is lovely - they do make a massive effort to make plain chicken flavorful and mum ate like a horse - in conclusion the food they offer for coeliac is great - but the whole experience of making sure you get it right needs a bit of attention esp in cabanas and the buffet lunch options. hope this helps.
sarahandgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:37 AM   #49
mareeld86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoney View Post
I'd like to know the outcome. This is concerning bc my husband has a shellfish allergy and I know that shrimp is served frequently
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicDisneyDuo View Post
My DW also has a shellfish allergy and we've never had any problems. Just make sure you let them know about it. Any company is going to have hiccups from time to time, and hopefully OP will get the resolution they are seeking from DCL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseDave View Post
I do as well. I told them the first night and they substituted without my asking for the rest of the cruise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzyworld View Post
I have the same allergy. I have never had a problem on any of the ships or in Remy.
I am in the same boat as all of the above however im unable to eat all seafood. It can make things quite interesting but I just let everyone know and all was good If your unhappy i would contact DCL and just let them know that it wasnt a good experience for you.
Disneyland Disneyland January 2002,Disneyland January 2006, Disneyland January 2009 , Disneyland February 2010. Disneyland, Walt Disney World & Disney Western Caribbean Cruise November, December 2011 & January 2012 our 9 Week trip.
mareeld86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: