Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 11:54 PM   #2776
rsleleux
Mouseketeer

Does POR have a gym/workout area? I know we have a lot of dining reservations, just wondering if there was a treadmill or eliptical?

Old 01-20-2013, 01:04 AM   #2777
PrincessKyleigh
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifie View Post
We're leaving tomorrow!!!

We're not finished packing (or even close, really), but considering we're usually rushing to pack at the last minute, I feel like we're doing OK. I plan to have the car all packed tonight, so all we have to do in the morning is get the kids dressed, feed them, strap them in and go!

Have a wonderful time!!

March 2005 Yacht Club November 2005 Yacht Club
December 2006 Poly Novermber 2007 Disney Magic
November 2009 Contemporary July 2010 Poly
July 2011 Contemporary December 2013 POR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 02:04 AM   #2778
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4leobeans View Post
I received an email to offer online check in - is this recommended? Can I still do this before I send in my official room request?
Your official room request should really be in your original booking, but I assume you're asking whether you can do online checkin before sending an additional faxed request? If so then yes, no problem, do online as soon as you like and then fax 3-5 days before arrival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsleleux View Post
Does POR have a gym/workout area? I know we have a lot of dining reservations, just wondering if there was a treadmill or eliptical?
No, sorry. Better cut down on those dining reservations eh? There is a nice jogging route around the resort though, people tend to use that early in the morning.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-20-2013, 10:05 AM   #2779
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5mouseketeersforus View Post
10 more sleeps for us too
And we got our ME package on Friday as well!!!
Really looking forward to our first family trip to WDW......told DH that he may be going home solo and i will stay a while longer with the kids!!!
10 more sleeps for us too! I was getting worried about our ME package, but hopefully we will get it Monday.

Is it a lot faster if we do online checkin? As for room requests, we will be in AB garden view. I'm thinking bldg 16 or 17 would be most convient to everything. What about 38? Is it much farther of a walk to go across the bridge to the food court? We don't have any issues with walking, but would be nice to be somewhere with easier access to everything.

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside
Old 01-20-2013, 10:42 AM   #2780
Stan Solo
I don't know what to put here. Tag fairies can you help me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsleleux
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley

No, sorry. Better cut down on those dining reservations eh? There is a nice jogging route around the resort though, people tend to use that early in the morning.

Andre
I'm not sure why any one would want to jog on a treadmill or use an elliptical at POR unless it's raining. The jogging path is such a beautiful route even I went for an early brisk walk a couple of mornings.

Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here...now...thank you. How are you? *wince*
Old 01-20-2013, 10:47 AM   #2781
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
Just checking back in to thank everyone on this thread and on Portorleans.org!

We arrived on 1/8 and checked in to a standard Royal room. We were assigned 9206 in Oak Manor. Our immediate view out the window was the wall of the room across the walkway - we were on a "turn." Two steps to the right and we had the garden view! The other rooms around us were water or garden view. I will say that if I had paid for a garden view and got the ones in the back of Oak Manor around us (9207-9212 or so), I'd be really annoyed. Yes, they overlook the garden, but also overlook the parking lot.

But our room was perfect. Beautiful, comfortable, convenient. Loved it! I would definitely stay there again.

I could do without the Royal theme, but I don't really like the AB theming. So if we book here again (which I certainly would!), it'll be Royal to guarantee a manor room.

I did have a bounceback and decided to try POFQ next time. At least it's all in the family!
This is my fear! We're booked with a Royal Room - Garden View, and I'm worried we'll be on the parking lot side. I know, really, don't sweat the small stuff, but it's crossed my mind I guess when I fax my request I can nicely ask to be on the water side of the building?
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 01-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #2782
sammsma
Earning My Ears

Can anyone refresh my memory as to whether there will be an iron and a blow dryer in the room? I didn't use either on our last stay at POR, but with a new haircut and my DDs having a few outfits that may need to be pressed, I'm worrying about it this time.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:39 AM   #2783
Stan Solo
I don't know what to put here. Tag fairies can you help me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammsma
Can anyone refresh my memory as to whether there will be an iron and a blow dryer in the room? I didn't use either on our last stay at POR, but with a new haircut and my DDs having a few outfits that may need to be pressed, I'm worrying about it this time.
Yes and yes. Hope this helps

Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here...now...thank you. How are you? *wince*
Old 01-20-2013, 12:19 PM   #2784
Sugar Jones
DIS Veteran

We are officially heading back to POR Sept.21-28 this year!!

I am so excited!
Old 01-20-2013, 02:06 PM   #2785
Crazy Mother of Two
Clever yet underrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Jones

I am so excited!
Yaay!!! Congratulations!!!
Me DH DD 14 DS 13
Old 01-20-2013, 03:23 PM   #2786
debedo
Earning My Ears

We just booked our third trip to POR for May 1 - May 11th. I simply can not wait....
Old 01-20-2013, 04:00 PM   #2787
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by debedo View Post
We just booked our third trip to POR for May 1 - May 11th. I simply can not wait....
Congratulations!!! Look forward to you visiting with us!
Old 01-20-2013, 04:04 PM   #2788
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
The northern wing section of Oak Manor should give you that sort of view, yes. See the map in the first post, and/or Google Earth satellite views.

Andre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorechick View Post
My avatar pic is from outside our door one floor down at Parterre Place. We overlooked the garden, fountain, and river. We were in the center of the building next to the elevator on the 3rd floor.
There is a lot of foliage and a large hedge so you may not get a full view of the main building area from rooms that are closer to the river.
Thank you! I'm thinking of just casting fate to the room-assigning gods, but if I decide against that, I'll probably request "Upper floor, Oak Manor, North Wing."

Thanks again!
Old 01-20-2013, 04:50 PM   #2789
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Jones View Post

I am so excited!
Quote:
Originally Posted by debedo View Post
Yay and congrats to you both!!!! I wish we could go before November, but it's just not possible. We can only do a trip every other year.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
Old 01-20-2013, 05:06 PM   #2790
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
Thank you! I'm thinking of just casting fate to the room-assigning gods, but if I decide against that, I'll probably request "Upper floor, Oak Manor, North Wing."
Better to request what you want, i.e. "a room overlooking the marina and main building area if at all possible" and see what they can do for you.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: