Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #31
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

By booking while we were on board, we got OBC (On Board Credit) to use on the Feb cruise. Free money is always nice and I usually use them to pay for the tips, or part of the tips, but this year we wanted to try the My Time Dinning.

My Time Dinning, means that you go to dinner anytime you want between 6:00 pm and 9:30 pm. What gets me is you must make a reservation anyway. So I can dine anytime I want as long as I know when I want to dine....

One of the draws for me was if I was sitting in a bar and was having fun, I did not want to have jump up and run off to my dinning time.

So we will have to come up with a good time for us and see if it works. But you can change it night to night, just as long as you reserve your time.

Another drawback for this is you must prepay your tips, so even though I would like to use my OBC to pay for my tips, now I must pay for my tips before leaving home.

Oh well.... Live and learn. So we will find out if we like the My Time or not...

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:47 PM   #32
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
I cruise b/c I love it and yes you can control your budget, unless you are franandaj.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Yes I can take a ton of pictures, I normally do, but I figure most people get tired of looking at them... But just for you I will post a ton of them.
When I was preparing for my Wonder cruise, I looked long and hard for TRs FOR the Wonder, there were hardly any. Then most of the reports had mostly pictures from the Excursions and not what the boat itself looks like.

The dining sounds interesting. Do they have only one main dining room or do they have different restaurants you can eat at?
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #33
dgbg100106

I thought you might laugh at that one....

Dining Options

There are several dining options on the Enchantment.

There are a couple of complimentary options and then some that require an up charge.

Park Café, where you can grab gourmet sandwiches, salads and more is new as apart of the refurb.

Then there is the Main Dining Room with complimentary, multi-course dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner. and this is my favorite place to dine, I like sitting down and being waited on.

There is the Windjammer Café, not my favorite place, it is a buffet that serves Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner

The Solarium Café, is out by the pool and served a lot of junk food, burgers, hot dogs, fries, onion rings, and Wings..... David got the wings alot last time.

and then there is room service, which they have started charging a fee if you order between midnight and 5am...

For the upcharge options there is a specialty restaurant called Chops Grille steakhouse, I think it was $25 the last time but I think it is now $30, you can choose any items off the menu from appetizer to dessert (and even multiple items)

Frozen treats at Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream cost more for each item.

Café Latté-tudes, serving Seattle's Best Coffee, these are also priced per item, and were very much like the land based prices.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 01-19-2013, 09:45 PM   #34
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Late! But I'm here!
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:58 AM   #35
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

My Time Dining has me a bit confused. Otherwise are you assigned a dining time? On Disney you either have early dining at 6:00 or late dining at 8:00. Or you can always walk in to the buffet restaurant that turns into a sit down for dinner.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:18 AM   #36
Soldier's*Sweeties
I WILL walk three miles in the snow, uphill, barefoot for a Pumpkin Spice Latte
I'll take the Palmettos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
My Time Dining has me a bit confused. Otherwise are you assigned a dining time? On Disney you either have early dining at 6:00 or late dining at 8:00. Or you can always walk in to the buffet restaurant that turns into a sit down for dinner.
Which leads me to my FIRST...but surely not my LAST...Silly newbie question(that I can't seem to find a definitive answer to).

How exactly does dining work?
Is everything scheduled?
Is there anyway to just go eat when you feel like it?

I don't know if cruising would be for DH if he has to think ahead of time what time he may want dinner.(This is why we haven't made it to The World as a family. He doesn't like vacations that require too much planning)
Bonus book #26- Parasite(Parasitology #1) Mira Grant
2014 Reading Challenge: 35 Books
#1-Bad Monkey Carl Hiaasen, #2- Undead and Unwed MaryJanice Davidson, #3- New Year Island Paul Draker, #4- Belle de Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl Anonymous, #5-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Mary Roach,
#6- Undead and Unemployed MaryJanice Davidson, #7- Infected Scott Sigler, #8- Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex Mary Roach, #9- Flesh Worn Stone John Burks, #10- Uganda Be Kidding Me Chelsea Handler,
#11- The Witness Sandra Brown, #12-Midnight Crossroad Charlaine Harris, #13- Under the Dome Stephen King, #14- Monument 14 Emmy Laybourne
Soldier's*Sweeties is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:48 AM   #37
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

I'm late to the party as well but I'm here!
Old 01-20-2013, 06:48 AM   #38
mdsoccermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You can do the traditional dining where you are assigned the time and will hav the same waitstaff.

Or, you can do My Time Dining where you have the flexibility to choose the time you want to eat each night between 6:00pm and 9:30pm. It's suggested that you make a reservation each day when you've decided on a time, though you can walk in. On the Oasis of the Seas, there was a separate line for walk ins and people with reservations.
mdsoccermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:03 AM   #39
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_daniels View Post
Late! But I'm here!
Glad that you made it...

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 01-20-2013, 07:35 AM   #40
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsoccermom View Post
You can do the traditional dining where you are assigned the time and will hav the same waitstaff.

Or, you can do My Time Dining where you have the flexibility to choose the time you want to eat each night between 6:00pm and 9:30pm. It's suggested that you make a reservation each day when you've decided on a time, though you can walk in. On the Oasis of the Seas, there was a separate line for walk ins and people with reservations.
Thanks for the info!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:38 AM   #41
TifffanyD
Agreeing and making sense are not the same thing
I need to reload

I'm here!

We are doing my time dining on our RCCL trip next year. NCL is all freestyle and we loved just walking in. Did not know about the reservations for 'My Time'... grrrr. Our last DCL cruise we stopped going to dinner after day 3 bcz it interrupted stuff and we didn't care that much about our tablemates
TifffanyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:44 AM   #42
dgbg100106

Quote:
So on RCL those are consider traditional dinning times, and they are 6:30 and 8:00 pm. these occur in the main dinning room.

The My Time is a different section of the MDR away from everyone else, and it open to any time during their open hours of 6 to 8:30, but they want you to make a reservation. Which to me defeats the purpose. If I want to dine at my time, that means I don't know in advance what time I want to eat. How can I make a reservation?

According to everything I have read, you can make a reservation at any time, and it can be different every night.

You can always walk into the windjammer and eat at anytime, but the food is different. In the My Time, you are eating in the MDR, and eating the items off the menu.

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 01-20-2013, 07:46 AM   #43
mdsoccermom
DIS Veteran

I am thrilled Enchantment is getting Park Cafe. They have fantastic breakfast sandwiches and their roast beef on weck is excellent. We ate there every morning on Oasis.

I think I want to do My Time Dining next cruise. We've always done traditional seating, but this last cruise was the first time I truly hated to stop what I was doing to get ready for dinner.
mdsoccermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:49 AM   #44
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier's*Sweeties View Post
Which leads me to my FIRST...but surely not my LAST...Silly newbie question(that I can't seem to find a definitive answer to).

How exactly does dining work?
Is everything scheduled?
Is there anyway to just go eat when you feel like it?

I don't know if cruising would be for DH if he has to think ahead of time what time he may want dinner.(This is why we haven't made it to The World as a family. He doesn't like vacations that require too much planning)
So you can eat anywhere you want, the Main Dining Room (MDR) has two seating's and you must choose at the time of booking if you want early (6:30) or Late (8:00) seating. And you just show up every night to eat and at the same table with the same people through out your cruise.

You can go to the buffet for a wide range of foods, italian, mexican, asian, etc....any time you want without reservations.

You can also order room service, burgers, sandwiches, etc anytime you want...

Or you can go with My Time Dining, that is eating in the MDR, with the MDR Menu of the evening, and pick which time you want to go as long as you make a reservation. They can be made every day at different times, with a different amount of people. They do mark it on your cabin card, and only people who have signed up for it have access to it.

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 01-20-2013, 07:50 AM   #45
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellanotte10 View Post
I'm late to the party as well but I'm here!
Glad you made it!

2013 Cruising adventures

Tags
caribbean, celebrity, cruise, fun, spain

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: