Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2013, 07:16 PM   #1
disneyfan'08
Earning My Ears

Immunocompromised on a Disney Cruise?

I'm not sure if I should have posted here or on the cruise board so I decided to post here. I was wondering if anybody has any experience with being immunocompromised on a Disney cruise? Did certain things work for you or did anything not work for you?

I was diagnosed with Lupus a year and a half ago. Right now I'm on three different immunosuppressants as that's the only thing "sort-of" keeping my illness under control. In mid December, I had shingles for the first time ever. For Christmas/New Years, we went to Disney and I ended up with a virus. That turned into a full blown sinus infection. I get monthly infusions and I had my infusion last Friday. My infusion nurse was sick and ended up giving me the flu (and I did get a flu shot in Septemeber).

I've never been sick this often before so this being immunocompromised thing is kind of new to me. My doctors are fine with me traveling and I have no restrictions. I'm sailing on the Fantasy in 6 weeks. I want to do everything to have the best experience possible while avoiding catching anything onboard. I should probably mention that I'm only 22.

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: