Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 03:37 PM   #2746
rsleleux
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlife
I can't believe our trip is only one week away! I'm so excited, I think my family is ready to send me off early
I wanted to thank everyone for all of their help, this thread has been so wonderful in the planning of our trip.
The time that Andre and Venomhatch invest is invaluable to all of us

Thanks again
Agreed! They are really awesome! I am confident in all my decisions for my upcoming trip, and especially my choice to have my families stay at POR after reading this thread!

Old 01-18-2013, 03:59 PM   #2747
rsleleux
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by charsav
Very big thank you to Venomhatch for helping us out! Got confirmation that our room request wish list will be coming true for our trip next week!
CONGRATULATIONS! How did you get confirmation? Email? I sent my fax and I'm waiting for my ten day mark to call but I was wondering if I would have to wait until arrival to find out?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 04:00 PM   #2748
ReluctantDisaholic
Mouseketeer

Finally got our confirmation number - type it in to the website...and she mistakenly booked us at POFQ.

I called to try to have it fixed but it's not looking good
March 2013 - POR
March 2014 - POR/POFQ
August 2015 - Beach Club??

Old 01-18-2013, 04:11 PM   #2749
quietgirll
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantDisaholic
Finally got our confirmation number - type it in to the website...and she mistakenly booked us at POFQ.

Oh no!! How did that even happen?? Good thing you at least realize it before you try to check into wrong hotel!
Old 01-18-2013, 04:11 PM   #2750
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantDisaholic View Post

Did you say you were booking through a TA? If so Id call them back and let them hear it. Ask them to do what ever they can to rectify it. If they have to pull something out of their you know. But even I cant fix that. Wow I would never use that person again.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #2751
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietgirll View Post
Oh no!! How did that even happen?? Good thing you at least realize it before you try to check into wrong hotel!
Well the mickey mail would have shown up with POFQ on it then realizing a problem was apparent. But still Id be super angry right now.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #2752
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:

Oh no... That is awful!

FQ is a VERY nice resort though - and if I was to have any resort as a "mistake", it would be that one... but normally FQ is my first choice, and this will be our first POR stay.

Was it your TA that booked the room wrong? If so, he/she should be able to (hopefully) pull some strings to fix it.

Sending Pixie Dust your way.

D~
Old 01-18-2013, 04:33 PM   #2753
ReluctantDisaholic
Mouseketeer

Our travel agent booked it through a wholesaler - who apparently booked us at POFQ with Riverside as a "request"...which makes no sense to me at all. No clue where they would come up with that. She's going to call them Monday morning when they open and see what she can do...

We've stayed at POFQ twice before and loved it, but wanted and paid for POR garden view (that's what we had quoted and the amount we gave her - which was the identical price as the exact same thing we had quoted by WDW) and have been assuming all along that's what we're getting...not POFQ standard view.

Now I'm going to worry that our tickets and dining are messed up too
March 2013 - POR
March 2014 - POR/POFQ
August 2015 - Beach Club??

Old 01-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #2754
theEncode
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Our travel agent booked it through a wholesaler - who apparently booked us at POFQ with Riverside as a "request"...which makes no sense to me at all. No clue where they would come up with that. She's going to call them Monday morning when they open and see what she can do...

We've stayed at POFQ twice before and loved it, but wanted and paid for POR garden view (that's what we had quoted and the amount we gave her - which was the identical price as the exact same thing we had quoted by WDW) and have been assuming all along that's what we're getting...not POFQ standard view.

Now I'm going to worry that our tickets and dining are messed up too
OH, that travel agent would NOT hear the end of it from me!! That is horrible!! Hopefully you can get this resolved right away on Monday! Pixie Dust sent your way!!!
Old 01-19-2013, 06:48 AM   #2755
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:

And this is why I book everything myself. That being said, I really hope it works out for you. This is the TA's mistake and they need to rectify it. I hope everything works out and please keep us updated.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
Old 01-19-2013, 10:37 AM   #2756
kkayluvsdis
DIS Veteran

HI All!

In 13 days we'll be checking in to POR. It will be our first trip as a family of 5 and first time in the AB section of the resort I'm so beyond excited!

Could some one tell me if the address listed on the first page of this thread (with the facts) is the address I'd use to have some items shipped from Walmart? Also, any chance you may know how far in advance I should order?

Thanks so much!!
-Kelly
1985, 87, 91: Offsite 1995:POFQ 1999:CBR
2004: Holiday villas 2006:POR 2007:POR
2008:SSR 2008: POLY check out my first TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2028633[/COLOR]
2010: POFQ 2013: POR 2014: POR
Old 01-19-2013, 02:42 PM   #2757
lucifie
DIS Veteran

We're leaving tomorrow!!!

We're not finished packing (or even close, really), but considering we're usually rushing to pack at the last minute, I feel like we're doing OK. I plan to have the car all packed tonight, so all we have to do in the morning is get the kids dressed, feed them, strap them in and go!
Old 01-19-2013, 02:55 PM   #2758
kmg1107
Mouseketeer

Online Check-In Preference Options

We are staying at POR March 6-10. I was going through online check-in today and noticed that one of the options for room preference is "water view". Since pool view and river view are their own room categories when booking (with an extra cost), why would water view be a preference option in online check-in? Is this for swamp or fountain view rooms? Any experience with this?
Just curious...
Old 01-19-2013, 03:02 PM   #2759
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifie View Post
We're leaving tomorrow!!!

We're not finished packing (or even close, really), but considering we're usually rushing to pack at the last minute, I feel like we're doing OK. I plan to have the car all packed tonight, so all we have to do in the morning is get the kids dressed, feed them, strap them in and go!
Safe travels!!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 01-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #2760
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmg1107
We are staying at POR March 6-10. I was going through online check-in today and noticed that one of the options for room preference is "water view". Since pool view and river view are their own room categories when booking (with an extra cost), why would water view be a preference option in online check-in? Is this for swamp or fountain view rooms? Any experience with this?
Just curious...
Water view is pool view. They changed the categories last year- river, water, garden, and standard. Preferred is also a category for Alligator Bayou. The beginning of this thread should have the categories explained.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: