Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 01:06 AM   #961
Lollipop's Mom
Special trip with your little one ~~ PRICELESS!

No but if you are large in the belly the bar won't close. The ride stops and they have to bring a guy out to snap it in. Try straddling the bar between legs and bring bar in while standing and sit with bar under belly. Lol.

Sept 2015 - Disney Wonder Hawaii
Sept 2014 - Caribbean Beach Resort
Dec 2013 - Disneyland
May 2013 -Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean
March 2013 -AKL Jambo Studio & AKL Jambo Concierge, & POR Princess Room
March 2012 -Disney Wonder Mexico
March 2012 - Disneyland
May 2011 - Disney Wonder Alaska
Apr 2010 - Disneyland
Jan 2010 -Disneyland
Jan 2009 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean
Jan 2009 - POFQ
Jan 2008 - POP
April 2007 - Disneyland
Sept 2000 - Disneyland
Jan 2000 -BWV Studio
Sept 1994 - All Star Sports
April 1977 -Contemporary

Lollipop's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:14 AM   #962
dreamscometrue101
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathleen simpson

I am 5'7 and 300 lbs
Do you think I will have any problem with rides. May 2013 will be my first trip to WDW
I don't think you will have any problems. I was 5'6" and almost 400 lbs on my last trip. I had no problems with any of the rides. I didn't try rock n roller coaster but I don't like inversion rides.

The tightest ride I experienced was astro orbiter but that is more a kid ride and my niece and nephew wanted me to ride 3 times. I could get in with no problem, but getting out was just bad angles.
The only thing I couldn't do at WDW was the virtual roller coaster at DisneyQuest. My son wanted me to ride the one he created but I couldn't get the over the shoulder restraint to fasten, more because of my chest than anything else.
When we figured out I couldn't ride the CM gave me a skip the line pass for the Pirates attraction there so it was all good.

I'm sure you will be fine and have a great time!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

dreamscometrue101 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 01:18 PM   #963
Ds4angels
Mouseketeer

I used the search engine but didn't find anything about Goofy Barn Stormer? I'm a sz 22 will I fit? DD is 5 ds is , I'm sure they'll both want to ride this, but not sure if DH will have to go twice or will I fit. I've got the pouch from having a c-section if anyone knows what I mean? Also BTMRR? Will I be ok on that as well?
Old 01-11-2013, 01:30 PM   #964
DisneyCrazyMomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ds4angels View Post
I used the search engine but didn't find anything about Goofy Barn Stormer? I'm a sz 22 will I fit? DD is 5 ds is , I'm sure they'll both want to ride this, but not sure if DH will have to go twice or will I fit. I've got the pouch from having a c-section if anyone knows what I mean? Also BTMRR? Will I be ok on that as well?
From experience, you will be completely fine on both.

lots of miles each way to the mouse!

2009 room at CBR, 2010 room at CBR, 2011 Wilderness Lodge and three trips as a kid all offsite.
DisneyCrazyMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:18 PM   #965
Ds4angels
Mouseketeer

Thank you it sucks sitting down on a ride only to have to get up and do the walk of shame to the exit
Old 01-11-2013, 02:47 PM   #966
Bubbles331
Earning My Ears

Waist Sizes & Extenders when Flying

First, I would like to start off by saying THANK YOU to everyone who gives their feedback. I can't wait to offer mine when I return from my February Disney Vacation.

I like many others have the fear of not fitting on rides. It would be great if some people could share their actual waist measurements. I'm literally pooh shaped (humpty dumpty shaped)....Im short, short legs, and pretty much the middle is big all over. My measurements: Bust 57", Waist 55.5", and Stomach 65" (ugh! More embarrassed to write that than tell my weight). I'm 5'4" and 296. I've seen lots of people who weigh even around 400 lbs say they haven't had trouble on ride, but they're taller or even if they're shorter they say their pants size is 26. Then I feel like how am I 300 lbs and still have a bigger size pants. It is so annoying! I guess I have a weird shaped body. Anyway, I'm nervous about that 65" stomach. Any feed back is much appreciated!! Thx!

Side note: Talked to Delta Airlines about extenders and having to purchase an extra seat if bigger. The rep on phone was super nice. She said, they would never ask someone to buy an extra seat. I asked about the extenders, and she said she uses them all the time...it's not a big deal She said when the seat belts start to fray on the planes they will actually cut the ends to fix them. Therefore, they get shorter and shorter the older the belts are, so don't worry about asking for one. That made me feel better, because then I can just blame the seatbelt being to small on the the fact that the belts are old.
Bubbles331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:56 PM   #967
disneychic33
Mouseketeer

Hey I'm just bumping this up so that people can find it

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...bszqdn6lpy.png

Last edited by disneychic33; 01-14-2013 at 01:06 PM. Reason: adding ticker
disneychic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:01 AM   #968
tigger30066
Mouseketeer

Seaworld

Anybody gone to seaworld? Just wondering if I will fit on Kraken and Manta? I am 5'11" and weigh 265.
tigger30066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:39 PM   #969
disneychic33
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger30066
Anybody gone to seaworld? Just wondering if I will fit on Kraken and Manta? I am 5'11" and weigh 265.
I went to see world and had no problem on the Manta but I didn't go on the kraken so I can't help you there. I am 5'5 and was about 262 at the time.
disneychic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:00 PM   #970
jkp464
Mouseketeer

Awesome thread! I've ridden everything at WDW with no problems. The only ride at DL CA that I've had an issue with is Mulholland Madness (not enough leg room).

For bags, I've used the baggallini and VB hipster. The baggallini rubbed against my neck, but I had not problems with the VB hipster.

For shoes - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my crocs. I have cayman and scutes styles and love them both. The one day I wore my new balance tennis shoes I got blisters! I've never gotten blisters with my crocs.

Every night I rubbed my feet down with peppermint foot rub. I think this helped to rejuvenatve my feet for the next day.

Love the suggestion to spray feet with antiperspirant spray. When crocs get wet (sweat or from water rides), they can get slippery. Also love the idea of using the antiperspirant on back, thighs, and under breasts.
jkp464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #971
godiva99
Mouseketeer

So glad I foudn this thread! I wasn't able to read it all, but it is most certainly comforting to hear that my DH should be able to ride.

He's been sick for many years and has gained so much weight. He is 6' tall and weighs around 410. He carries it all in his belly. He wears size 58 bottoms and 22 / 5x tops now. He typically needs the buckle extender on the plane, and straps in the car only when pushing the seat all the way back.

Will he be able to ride the kiddie rides with our daughters in Fantasyland?
What about Star Tours? He's a Star Wars fan!
What about Toy Story Mania?

I want him to enjoy himself too...he deserves this trip and to have a good time!

Also, where can I find him Mickey or other character tops??? I only have 2.5 wks to go so I hope I can find something quickly.

Also,, he wears New Balance Sneakers, but I wanted to try another pair of walking shoes for him. What do you recommend? Crocs?

thanks so much!
godiva99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:36 PM   #972
DisNikki
Mouseketeer

Shirts on zazzle.com go up to 6X (like http://www.zazzle.com/mmclub_shirt-235931107794778708, you can see all the possible characters at http://www.zazzle.com/disney) and you can personalize them. I haven't ordered from them yet but the site was just recommended to me. Hoping it will make it possible for my pooh sized self to enjoy a matching shirt with the rest of my family Has anyone else ordered from them before?

I didn't try Star Tours last time (it was when they were re-doing it) so I'd be interested to hear people's experiences there too! The rides I did try were all great for me with one tiny exception - getting out of Astro Orbiter I did it without any help but did have a moment of panic wondering how I was going to do it. It wasn't graceful by any means but I made it! haha

As for shoes, with only 2 1/2 weeks to go I would say that buying something new probably isn't the best plan. I think the most important thing is comfort and that the shoes are broken in before you go.

Love this thread!

- Several trips as a child (off-site, Poly twice)
- 3/26-4/3/11 with FIL, BIL and his family - a total of 9 people! Stayed off-site at Orange Lake North Village
- Planning a trip for 5/24-6/3/2013, staying at CSR

Last edited by DisNikki; 01-19-2013 at 12:45 PM.
DisNikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:14 PM   #973
disneegrl4eva
now we just need a secret handshake or sign...
...because I'm special like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by godiva99
Will he be able to ride the kiddie rides with our daughters in Fantasyland?
What about Star Tours? He's a Star Wars fan!
What about Toy Story Mania?

thanks so much!
Ya he shouldn't have a problem with any if those...he might have issues getting in and out and possibly going through turn styles but the only one he WILL have issues with is Winnie the Pooh....that's a really tight squeeze for many people ...star tours he will be fine

Old 01-19-2013, 01:51 PM   #974
godiva99
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneegrl4eva View Post
Ya he shouldn't have a problem with any if those...he might have issues getting in and out and possibly going through turn styles but the only one he WILL have issues with is Winnie the Pooh....that's a really tight squeeze for many people ...star tours he will be fine

Thanks! Then that means I get to ride twice? I can do rider swap right?
godiva99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:14 PM   #975
disneegrl4eva
now we just need a secret handshake or sign...
...because I'm special like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by godiva99

Thanks! Then that means I get to ride twice? I can do rider swap right?
Haha ya

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: