Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 03:15 PM   #1
Mommy2TwoMickeys
DIS Veteran

Is Disney Setting Aside ADR For Resort Guests??

I found this odd...I currently have a reservation @ 5:00pm ( I am staying on Property) I have been checking for a reservation for my SIL and her family(party of 4) for the past couple weeks and they only thing that showed up was ressies past 7:30....So today I have been messing around on the site(logged in) and ressies for 5:00-5:05-5:15 popped up!!! I couldn't believe it..When I went to make the reservation it stated that I had ressies overlapping and to cancel that one, so I logged off and again, pulled up reservations...past 7:30 were the only ones that showed up!! Soooo...I logged back in again, punched up Kona for "8" people this time and 5:00-5:05-5:15 all showed up Has this happened to anyone else???
Oct.2007-WL,Sept.2008-WL,Dec.2009-Polynesian,Oct.2010-AKL_Grand Villa,Sept.2011-Polynesian, Oct.2012-Polynesian,Mar.2013-Polynesian,Nov.2013-VGF_2BR Lake View,May 2014-BWV_1BR BoardwalkView, Dec.2014-VGF_Grand Villa

Mommy2TwoMickeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:36 PM   #2
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2TwoMickeys View Post
I found this odd...I currently have a reservation @ 5:00pm ( I am staying on Property) I have been checking for a reservation for my SIL and her family(party of 4) for the past couple weeks and they only thing that showed up was ressies past 7:30....So today I have been messing around on the site(logged in) and ressies for 5:00-5:05-5:15 popped up!!! I couldn't believe it..When I went to make the reservation it stated that I had ressies overlapping and to cancel that one, so I logged off and again, pulled up reservations...past 7:30 were the only ones that showed up!! Soooo...I logged back in again, punched up Kona for "8" people this time and 5:00-5:05-5:15 all showed up Has this happened to anyone else???
It hasn't happened to me, but it seems like the way for Disney to go if they want to keep people in their hotels. It may also be part of the new "My Disney Experience" along with FP+.
They've got to know that not everybody has the desire or ability to book their vacations let alone their dining reservations at the 180 day mark. Also, the booking window for many special offers expires well before the check-in date. If they can offer on-property guests something a little extra, then it will tip the scales in their direction.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 04:06 PM   #3
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Currently they do not "set aside" reservations for anyone.

Sometimes they release new reservations, sometimes people cancel and the reservations go back into the system. But everyone has an equal shot at getting those reservations.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:25 PM   #4
Mommy2TwoMickeys
DIS Veteran

I didn't think they did, but logically it makes no sense:

Logged IN to Disney - ADR 5:00pm-5:05pm-5:15pm Etc.
Logged OUT of Disney - ADR 7:30pm -+
Logged IN to Disney - ADR 5:00pm-5:05pm-5:15pm Etc.

Note: This all Happened within a 10-15min time limit. Also, I might add, that when I was logged in, I was able to select and actual time(5:00pm) But when I was not Logged in I could only select Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. No actual times showed up.
Oct.2007-WL,Sept.2008-WL,Dec.2009-Polynesian,Oct.2010-AKL_Grand Villa,Sept.2011-Polynesian, Oct.2012-Polynesian,Mar.2013-Polynesian,Nov.2013-VGF_2BR Lake View,May 2014-BWV_1BR BoardwalkView, Dec.2014-VGF_Grand Villa

Mommy2TwoMickeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:34 PM   #5
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

I was hoping I could make this work for me for a reservation I'm trying to snag but it still didn't show any availabilities for what I was looking for when I logged into the system - I tried

I did notice last night though that when I used my DH's iPad to log on to Disneyworld.com it still brought up the old site. It showed three Le Cellier lunches for a day where the new site on our laptop showed none.

I called today about something and told the CM I spoke to about this and she thought it was odd and pulled up her system and it also showed some lunch availabilities that weren't showing up on the main site. I think this was a fluke though because I've been checking the iPad for other ADRs and haven't seen any other discrepancies.
loveshak22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:10 PM   #6
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

There is definitely something going on with the new site...I have gotten different results for tables using the app vs. the website. Not sure why. Is the new site the default now, or do you still need to click that you want to go to the new one? If it's not the default yet, I may try playing with the old site to get a ressie I'm looking for.

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:11 PM   #7
gtpoohbear
DIS Veteran

I was noticing today that the ADR site seemed a little odd. When I was on the page for a specific restaurant, and tried to bring up available times for our April trip, most often it was only awkward times left (really early or late).

When I put in our date and preferred times on the main dining page (and just had it show me everything in a certain park with availability), it was like everything was wide open. The same restaurants that weren't showing anything but 8pm or later dinner ADRs, had everything from 5pm on, in 15 minute increments.

So, I changed several of ours to slightly better times going through the main page, even though the restaurant specific pages said they were almost completely booked up Hopefully it wasn't a mistake in the system, and the main dining page is letting the restaurants get way overbooked!

The new site looks pretty, and I can see that it's easier to navigate in some ways... but it looks like they've got a ways to go still to get everything working together correctly.

All Trip Reports & Photo Albums are located here!
Previous Trips: 2008: Poly | 2010: CBR | 2012: ASMo | 2013: YC | 2014: AKL, AoA | 2014: POR
Upcoming Trips: 12/14 - WL | 7/15 - ASMusic | 3/16 - DCL Fantasy - W.Car (7 nights)
gtpoohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:11 PM   #8
hulagirl87
DIS Veteran

I've noticed different times coming up whether you choose "dinner" or a specific time like 4:30pm. If you put in a specific time (like 4:30), it would show 4:30, 4:45, 5:00. If you put in "dinner" it would bring up something later like 7pm, but not the 4:30 options.

Yesterday when I was checking times for Garden Grill, there were chinese characters where the time and date were

The website is weird.

me DH DD and DS
hulagirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: