Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2013, 01:37 PM   #1
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Fast Passes, We Don't Need No Fast Passes!

Fast Passes, We Dont Need No Stinkin Fastpasses!

The (getting less WDW resistant) DH & I went this past September on another trip to WDW. September of 2011 we took our GDs & DIL, but this trip was just the two of us. To get started I will introduce ourselves, me Doris, a 64 year old granny who loves just about anything Disney & my DH Bob, a Disney resister.

We are historical re enactors, thus the strange clothing. This was an event we attended the week before our trip.

This was me before an event I was attending for George Rogers Clarks birthday. This is my new avatar photo, I thought it came out ok.

I wasnt sure if we were going this year since I was waiting for FD to pop up. Also it had to be offered for our usual time of travel. I received word from Visa of the offer, so I made reservations & the price was right for AKL!

Our trip dates were September 10 through September 15 of 2012. Our last trip was the day after Labor Day & I was not happy about the rush to get ready for our vacation. This time I waited until the next week which was a smart move on my part!

Since this was our first deluxe resort I was especially excited. I was also a little wary since I was not too sure about the African theme.

Our flight out of Dayton left at 7:00am, when the reservations were made departure time was 9:30 or so. I loved the fact the time kept getting earlier, gave us more vacation time & who cant deal with that! We arrived around 8:40, headed to ME, where the line for AKL was empty. We waited about 15 minutes for the bus & were the first ones on! I thought we would be on a fairly empty bus, but no such luck. There were stops at AoA, PoP resorts & Kidani before our stop at Jambo.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518

Last edited by Wicket's Mom; 01-19-2013 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Wrong picture
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: