Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 12:46 PM   #76
sherrief
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&m's mom View Post
According to my Disney Countdown Clock on my phone, we have 85 more days till the cruise.....
Woo hoo!!!!!!!
sherrief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:52 PM   #77
m&m's mom
Waiting for the waterless cruise
I really am quite evil

What's up with having to look at the 2nd page for this cruise.. Let's get trip planning people!
What is everyone thinking about excursion wise in Cozumel?
We were just there in June on the Fantasy but we did not even get off this stop. Costa Maya temple tackling was so excessively hot that we just were not up to doing anything in Cozumel. At least this time we will be able to enjoy the port.
We are doing the Segway & Beach trip. It's something for all 4 of us.
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 08:28 AM   #78
sherrief
Earning My Ears

not sure yet, with three little ones, my options are limited. I'm thinking of just hanging on the beach for a few hours and then a little shopping
Old 01-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #79
KurlyStarr
Earning My Ears

Since we have a toddler and an infant, I initially thought about just staying onboard and taking advantage of the ship being somewhat empty.... to check out different things and let DD have fun in an uncrowded pool.

But, she came home from daycare last week talking about she wants to go to a beach and do the hula -- --- so I think it may behoove us to do the beach for a little while we are there. She's never been on a beach before, so I think she would get a kick out of it. We shall see.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:51 PM   #80
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Booked the cruise

Hooray! I rechecked everyone's schedule, checked on elderly parents(did get trip insurance) and booked this cruise! We are so excited! It will be Dave and I in one cabin and our Dd , her husband and two boys in the other cabin. We are definitely in on the Fe. And would love to do a meet and greet onboard the day we sail. So excited!

Oh Dd is Kellie, her husband is Rich, Alex is 6, and Josh is 3. Thanks Sherry
skayrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:02 PM   #81
SsMom
Earning My Ears

Question Activities

I'm not sure we are going to enjoy Cozumel or stay in the pool. Traveling with a 2 yo, a 6yo and a pregnant woman (that's me, just found out after we booked the cruise) seems better for us to stay.

Anybody Pregnant around here?! Or anybody has been pregnant in a cruise before? Advice people! I need tips

Also, I'm not sure if we are telling our kids we are going on a cruise or wait until we are there! Do you think that's going to be too much of a surprise?
SsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #82
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Staying on

I love staying onboard while everyone gets off the ship. I had the adult pool all to myself for 40 minutes. Loved it. Sherry
Old 01-18-2013, 04:39 PM   #83
sherrief
Earning My Ears

I think we're just gonna catch a cab to paradise beach for a few hours. It's about 20 bucks each way and $2 per person at the beach. My kids really love the beach, but we definitely won't stay all day.

Last edited by sherrief; 01-18-2013 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Spelling! Darn iPhone.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:10 PM   #84
KurlyStarr
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsMom View Post
Anybody Pregnant around here?! Or anybody has been pregnant in a cruise before? Advice people! I need tips
Yeeeeeeeeeeeep! My DH and I went on a cruise with some other couples a few years ago and bing-bang-boom I got pregnant before we sailed. I was about 8 weeks by the time we cruised, but luckily I never had morning sickness/nausea so that wasn't a problem while on the ship.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:29 PM   #85
sherrief
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I'm not sure we are going to enjoy Cozumel or stay in the pool. Traveling with a 2 yo, a 6yo and a pregnant woman (that's me, just found out after we booked the cruise) seems better for us to stay.

Also, I'm not sure if we are telling our kids we are going on a cruise or wait until we are there! Do you think that's going to be too much of a surprise?
No advice, but congrats!!!H
Old 01-18-2013, 08:53 PM   #86
m&m's mom
Waiting for the waterless cruise
I really am quite evil

Quote:

It might be fun to surprise at that age. My one and only experience with surprising my DD's was a mixed bag. It was fun because they were REALLY surprised but it was to WDW and we had been there so much I knew where they would want to stay, eat etc.
On the other hand, I kinda missed sharing the planning with them.
My DH and I thought about surprising the girls on this cruise but they need to get and do their missed school work ahead of time so it would not have worked anyway.
In early Dec we had to go to Houston for my DD's Lacrosse tournament and I told them that I would have loved surprising them and taking them right to the port but it was not going to happen. Little did we know we would be cruising out of there anyway 5 months later. Woo Hoo!!
Old 01-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #87
MaymieL
Earning My Ears

fish extender

Has anyone been keeping alist of people interested in doing a fish exchange?
MaymieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:11 PM   #88
sherrief
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaymieL View Post
Has anyone been keeping alist of people interested in doing a fish exchange?
There's a list on the first page. I think it includes everyone, but I'm not 100% sure.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:15 PM   #89
sherrief
Earning My Ears

Fish extender directions.

This makes it look pretty easy. http://doublelcrafts.blogspot.com/20...tml?m=1:cool1:
Old 01-20-2013, 09:41 AM   #90
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Magnets

I am just finishing my Fe gifts and door decorations for my Febr 1st cruise. I just wanted to remind everyone that Disney has really gotten picky about things that go on your door. Magnets only, no tape or sticky tack. Sherry

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: