|01-19-2013, 11:08 AM||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Northern NJ
potential buyer/newbie questions
So, I am either going to buy through resale, most likely at the Fort Wilderness Lodge, or wait and buy into the Grand Floridian when it’s available. (I know this is a huge difference in cost, but the idea of being on the monorail is very appealing to me).
Anyway, as I have no children, I usually go to WDW during off times(my last trip was 12/2/12 – 12/12/12). I go off times to avoid crowds, and usually during the winter months to escape the winters of the north east. Since this is my travel time preference, do experienced members think the 11 month vs. 7 month window is as important?
Then some more general questions:
1. If I decide I want more points, can I buy an additional 50(for example) and roll them into my account? I would assume they would have to be the same home base.
2. If I am a small amount of points short(including borrowed ones) can I rent, say 20 points to use?
3. Has anyone had any maintenance issues at properties? On the aforementioned trip of December 2012, I stayed at the Polynesian (as I had many times in the past), the room, and common areas of the building were so bad, WDW credited me some money, then I moved to Port Orleans Riverside, and was credited the additional difference. I was totally disappointed in the Polynesian this time.
4. Anyone able to book Hawaii 7 months out? How difficult is it?
5. What happens with a new property, such as Grand Floridian…when they start accepting bookings for it, I assume it will be within the 7 month time window…will non home resort guests be able to book?
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|