Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 10:45 PM   #1396
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Thank you all for the well wishes! We are on the Magical Express bus now waiting to leave the airport after a smooth flight. We've been sitting on the bus for over 20 mins already and I will not be too pleased if we do not head out soon. Is it usually this long a wait to depart or is it likely just due to our late arrival? This is our first time using ME, so not sure what is typical.

Hopefully things look up from here!
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 01-18-2013, 11:01 PM   #1397
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamouse View Post
Thank you all for the well wishes! We are on the Magical Express bus now waiting to leave the airport after a smooth flight. We've been sitting on the bus for over 20 mins already and I will not be too pleased if we do not head out soon. Is it usually this long a wait to depart or is it likely just due to our late arrival? This is our first time using ME, so not sure what is typical.

Hopefully things look up from here!
It tends to sit for awhile sometimes. It also stops at other resorts besides yours. Hopefully you'll be at your resort by the time you read this.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 11:04 PM   #1398
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph

It tends to sit for awhile sometimes. It also stops at other resorts besides yours. Hopefully you'll be at your resort by the time you read this.
Thanks! On our way to the BC now... watching the video now and getting so excited!! We pulled out a few mins after I left that post.
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 01-18-2013, 11:38 PM   #1399
disneydee6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1073 View Post
Ok, another balcony question :-)

At the Beach Club, I noticed in a picture it shows the full balcony's, with the smaller balcony's above them. When you are sitting on your full balcony, is there a roof, or are the people with standing balconies directly above you? Is the full balcony private at all?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
We have had the luck of the draw, with five stays at BC, and five Juliette balconies. When standing on the Juliette balcony, you can see down into peoples full balconies below. But, to be quite honest, when you have a Juliette balconey, not much time is spent on them b/c of their lack of space, so no need to worry too much about people peeping at you from above. The full balconies aren't exactly private, because when you don't have someone above you, there are people across and next to you as well. Just enjoy the fact that you have a full balcony and don't do anything on it you would want privacy for
Old 01-19-2013, 03:47 AM   #1400
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Great question! And thanks for the compliments!

I'm not sure how many of you are aware of this, but I have a chronic condition. Whenever someones starts a sentence saying "Can you ...?", my hand involuntarily shoots up into the air and I am unable to mouth the word "N." There is no known cure!

About 3 weeks after my second trip to the Beach Club, the FAQ thread got closed down because it was too large (269 pages). The person who was the last caretaker of the thread had not been active for awhile, and a bunch of the photos on the thread had been moved or expired.

Click on this link to take you to the first page of the 2008-2010 thread. (can you believe, 2 years for a single thread- we go thru 3-4 a year now)

2010 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ(June 2008- August 2010)

Having just returned from a trip, I had many of the pictures needed, so I copied off all of the info that was there into a new thread and added in my pictures. And then I did some major remodeling!

I may be a teeny tiny bit OCD, and the organization of the prior thread was driving me crazy, so I added lots of sections and lots of info.

Frankly, with only two trips to the resort under my belt, I am by no means an expert. What I know about the resorts I learned here! Fortunately, we have lots of loyal, friendly people who hang out on this thread and I can't even begin to say how helpful it is to have Teena posting here!

I put in lots of requests for pictures and information from others and many people have volunteered to go on information missions during their trips. Pixarmom has taken a task list mounted on index cards for every trip she has taken since knowing me!

I am lucky that having a very part time job allows me to devote a lot of time to my volunteer efforts. I work as a museum/historical teacher at a farm-we have a horse, a donkey, several goats and sheep, roosters, a turkey, a pig, a cat and a bunny- all rescue animals- who will live the rest of their lives on the farm being ambassadors to visiting children and other members of the public. The stone manor on the property was built in 1690 and has had some fascinating inhabitants over the years. Students come in for A Day at the Farm, an archaeology program (Dirt Detectives), a historical fiction program or sometimes we go into classrooms- lots of Colonial fun!

So that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!
Well I'd like to thank you and everyone else involved in this thread, its great and you're all so helpful . I still can't book at the moment, DD is going to be a CM on the ICP during the summer and we've got to wait to find out how we can book to get her discount. I'm 90% sure we'll be staying at the BC, if not that it will be the BW where we stayed last year.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:10 AM   #1401
wifey
DIS Veteran

Just have a couple of questions I'm hoping maybe one of you can answer, how many garden view club level rooms are there at Yacht Club and what part of the resort do they look out over since the new categories came into effect? Do they still look out over the wedding gazebo or are there more overlooking the front of the resort now.Just curious really.. My mind wanders whilst I multitask doing chores and listening to Disney music (hey I boogie to burn off calories too I know I'm a little obsessed:eek :blush) and this popped up.

Food Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2204927

Trip Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2286975

Trip Report 2007 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1508500[img]

June 1998 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2000 AS Music Jazz 2510, September 2002 SpringHill Suites MV, February 2004 AS Movies Purdey 4960, June 2005 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2005 Sequoia Lodge DLRP Last trip 21st June 2007 AS Movies,September 2009 First time at Port Orleans French Quarter,Next trip Yacht club (club level)August 2013
Me DH NielDS Ethan
Old 01-19-2013, 06:35 AM   #1402
tpoo
Earning My Ears

Ok question,

I keep reading about not checking in on line because "you never know what upgrade awaits" or for specific requests i.e. full balcony, daybed. So, what about the new 60 day check in and fastpass+. According to the CM's I have spoken 2. I called twice and both had the same info. We have to be checked in to do that. Since we are going in April they said it fastpass+ may not be rolled out at exactly the 60 day mark, but it will likely be available before we leave. Also if I look at my reservation it states something like 78 days 18 days until 60 day check in. I find it interesting though that neither of them could tell me if I will have to be paid in full at 60 days instead of 45. Hmmm thoughts?
Old 01-19-2013, 06:38 AM   #1403
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifey View Post
Just have a couple of questions I'm hoping maybe one of you can answer, how many garden view club level rooms are there at Yacht Club and what part of the resort do they look out over since the new categories came into effect? Do they still look out over the wedding gazebo or are there more overlooking the front of the resort now.Just curious really.. My mind wanders whilst I multitask doing chores and listening to Disney music (hey I boogie to burn off calories too I know I'm a little obsessed:eek :blush) and this popped up.
One of the posters on this board knows a lot about the YC CL GV rooms. If she sees this, maybe she will share what she knows about the rooms. My notes say there are 5 of these rooms, with 4 overlooking the wedding gazebo and one which does not.

I'm not sure what the bedding configuration is for these rooms.

If you have stayed in one of the YC CL GV and want to share the room number and what is in there for beds/daybeds, I'll add it to my notes.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:42 AM   #1404
Tink1073
Mouseketeer

Duplicate post, sorry!

1984 off site, 1986 CR, 1991 off site, 03/05 POR, 03/07 off site, 07/07 off site, 04/08 off site, 11/08 AKL/POR, 05/09 Swan, 5/10 AKV, 8/11 YC, 5/12 AKV, 4/13 BC

Last edited by Tink1073; 01-19-2013 at 06:54 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:46 AM   #1405
Tink1073
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydee6

We have had the luck of the draw, with five stays at BC, and five Juliette balconies. When standing on the Juliette balcony, you can see down into peoples full balconies below. But, to be quite honest, when you have a Juliette balconey, not much time is spent on them b/c of their lack of space, so no need to worry too much about people peeping at you from above. The full balconies aren't exactly private, because when you don't have someone above you, there are people across and next to you as well. Just enjoy the fact that you have a full balcony and don't do anything on it you would want privacy for
Lol! Thanks for the info, exactly what I was looking for. After the kids go to bed, we like to have a drink on the balcony. Just wanted to know if we'd have company :-)

1984 off site, 1986 CR, 1991 off site, 03/05 POR, 03/07 off site, 07/07 off site, 04/08 off site, 11/08 AKL/POR, 05/09 Swan, 5/10 AKV, 8/11 YC, 5/12 AKV, 4/13 BC
Old 01-19-2013, 07:01 AM   #1406
Me!Thatswho
Mouseketeer

Good morning everyone! First off, thanks to everyone who commented to yesterdays post. To my fellow NEers, good luck with the cold. Hopefully it will pass. To NinjaMom - spot on with your analogy. I LoLed when I read it! To PixarMom, I think you're right. Looks like mid-70s for the read of our stay. & to YCFAN, thanks. It feels good to be home!

Time for day 2 in review: 3 parks in a day!

Started off at AK. While there are many neat things at AK, it has always been a 1/2 day for us. But, after doing most of our usuals (re: EEx2, Dino, & PW), we decided to hop over to MK to see the new Fantasyland.

Hopped a bus to the TTC , rode the ferry, picked up a new pack of Sorcerer cards for DD, and then made our way back. For those who haven't been there, it is quite spectacular. Provided you kept the 7 Dwarfs coaster to your back, it felt as it have been there forever. Didn't have a chance to see Belle nor Ariel, as the lines were crazy and we decided to use our FPs for SM. But we did have lunch at Gastons. The pork shank = divine! LeFou's Brew = nectar of the gods (well, almost )! And the cinnamon roll = literally melts in your mouth. Even though it was more crowed than expected, we were pretty busy. He hit CoP, TTA, HM, CBJ, & SFTH. The highlight was when the Mad Hatter spotted DD's Birthday pin and actually mouthed the Happy Birthday song to her from high up on the float. Definitely Disney at its best.

After a few hours, he made our way back to Cape May's for supper. Incredible! Everything was cooked properly and there was just even to sample that first timers like us weren't overwhelmed. Plus, the CMs really gave the impression that they loved their jobs, which made the dinning experience all that better.

Out last stop was Epcot. It too was very crowded, but seasoned Disers such as ourselves made our way around with ease. Hit JtI, SE, LL, SwN, did our shopping at MG, and actually waited standby for Soarin' during EMH.

It was a long day, but, after a great nights sleep on the beds at the YC, we're recharged.

Off to the Regatta Club for breakfast, then to Epcot for few hours before riding the Monorail to MK!
August, 2005 - WDW All-Stars Movies & All-Stars Music -- May, 2006 - WDW Port Orleans French Quarter for SWW -- June, 2007 - WDW Contemporary for SWW -- Dec, 2007 - WDW Pop Century & Contemporary for MVMCP -- July, 2008 - DL Disneyland Hotel -- Dec, 2008 - Jan, 2009 - WDW Polynesian; NYE @ DHS -- Dec, 2009 - Jan, 2010 - WDW Polynesian; NYE: breakfast at AK; mid-day @ Blizzard Beach; evening @ Epcot for Illuminations; fireworks on Poly beach -- Oct, 2010 - WDW Polynesian for MNSSHP -- Nov, 2011 - DL Grand Californian Hotel -- Aug 2012 - WDW Beach Club CL -- Jan 2013 - WDW Yacht Club CL -- Dec 2013 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside: DD danced in XMas parade taping -- July 2014 - DLP Hotel New York

My first ever Trip Report - DLP or bust! w/ Lots of Pics!
Old 01-19-2013, 07:11 AM   #1407
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpoo
Ok question,

I keep reading about not checking in on line because "you never know what upgrade awaits" or for specific requests i.e. full balcony, daybed. So, what about the new 60 day check in and fastpass+. According to the CM's I have spoken 2. I called twice and both had the same info. We have to be checked in to do that. Since we are going in April they said it fastpass+ may not be rolled out at exactly the 60 day mark, but it will likely be available before we leave. Also if I look at my reservation it states something like 78 days 18 days until 60 day check in. I find it interesting though that neither of them could tell me if I will have to be paid in full at 60 days instead of 45. Hmmm thoughts?
Whether you do online check in or not has zero affect on getting a pixie dust upgrade.

People have posted here on the DIS of checking in online at 60 days out and not paid in full yet.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:18 AM   #1408
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me!Thatswho View Post
Good morning everyone! First off, thanks to everyone who commented to yesterdays post......

Off to the Regatta Club for breakfast, then to Epcot for few hours before riding the Monorail to MK!
Great touring Me!Thatswho. Keep those reports coming.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:26 AM   #1409
LoveMickeyMouse
Love taking my boys to see Mickey!!

Thinking of changing to CL

New to Beach Club (first trip on June 7-14). Given the lack of hot quick service breakfast options, I am thinking of upgrading to club level. We stayed CL at the POLY the last trip (mostly for the location of the CL building). It was nice to have access to drinks and snacks. Not sure if I should stick with standard view or go with garden view. Where is the snack room in relation to the lobby, and are the garden view rooms closer to the snack room? Also, I am still reading through these posts, so forgive my next question if it is already posted somewhere. Does anyone have a copy of the CL menu? The IPO at the POLY was able to send me one, so I figure someone will have it.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:03 AM   #1410
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMickeyMouse View Post
New to Beach Club (first trip on June 7-14). Given the lack of hot quick service breakfast options, I am thinking of upgrading to club level. We stayed CL at the POLY the last trip (mostly for the location of the CL building). It was nice to have access to drinks and snacks. Not sure if I should stick with standard view or go with garden view. Where is the snack room in relation to the lobby, and are the garden view rooms closer to the snack room? Also, I am still reading through these posts, so forgive my next question if it is already posted somewhere. Does anyone have a copy of the CL menu? The IPO at the POLY was able to send me one, so I figure someone will have it.
I don't know anything about CL or where the CL rooms are. But there is this handy map which will give you a good idea of the locations of the standard view rooms.

The standard view rooms look at the parking lot. As you can see from the layout, there aren't a lot of rooms that face that direction. The only area I'm not sure about are the rooms that face the little courtyard between the BC and the BCV. We had a room right over the door that led out of the BC that you would take to get to the BCV. My husband can't remember if he booked a standard view or garden view for that one.

I would go for the garden view, since it is usually not too much more money. It is much nicer than looking at the parking lot.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: