Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 07:45 PM   #1606
AJRitz
DIS DAD #420
Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
The only thing I don't like about MNSSHP is the stupid wristbands. Looks like I have no choice.
Actually, it sounds like you'll have lots of choice - perhaps not right away, but pretty quickly over time. There's nothing that says that RFID chip has to be in a wristband form factor. That's just the "default." They've already talked about people being able to purchase "fashion" MagicBands. And there's lots of talk about other likely form factors - wristwatches, lanyards, etc.

The wristbands are coming first, most likely because they're easy to standardize and harder to lose/misplace than a lanyard. But I expect that the other options will surface fairly quickly - if there's money to be made at it, Disney has proven quite talented at capitalizing on it.

These wristbands are NOT going to be like the ones for kids on DCL or at Great Wolf Lodge, which can't be taken off. They WANT people to be able to take them off, so that they can pay for the "better" ones (early promotional pictures already show a kid wearing a MagicBand in a Pirates design).
Come visit the DISDads clubhouse! | DISDad #420 - Visit our new forum!

Old 01-18-2013, 07:52 PM   #1607
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
GOOD JOB BRIAN!!!!!

heres mine!!!!! 21/2 hours now!!!!

Excellent job Mr. Zerfs... you show that remote who's boss...

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #1608
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
GOOD JOB BRIAN!!!!!

heres mine!!!!! 21/2 hours now!!!!

Let's see how thin those thumbs are now!

Old 01-18-2013, 08:10 PM   #1609
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRitz View Post
Actually, it sounds like you'll have lots of choice - perhaps not right away, but pretty quickly over time. There's nothing that says that RFID chip has to be in a wristband form factor. That's just the "default." They've already talked about people being able to purchase "fashion" MagicBands. And there's lots of talk about other likely form factors - wristwatches, lanyards, etc.

The wristbands are coming first, most likely because they're easy to standardize and harder to lose/misplace than a lanyard. But I expect that the other options will surface fairly quickly - if there's money to be made at it, Disney has proven quite talented at capitalizing on it.

These wristbands are NOT going to be like the ones for kids on DCL or at Great Wolf Lodge, which can't be taken off. They WANT people to be able to take them off, so that they can pay for the "better" ones (early promotional pictures already show a kid wearing a MagicBand in a Pirates design).
I'm just hoping they will let me keep my KTTW Card. I don't wear watches (unless I'm referee) and I don't wear lanyards.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 01-18-2013, 08:49 PM   #1610
AJRitz
DIS DAD #420
Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville

Quote:
I'm just hoping they will let me keep my KTTW Card. I don't wear watches (unless I'm referee) and I don't wear lanyards.
There's every indication you'll be able to just use an RFID-equipped card if you prefer. That's already going to be the default method for ticket-only guests (they'll just have the option of purchasing a MagicBand in the park). It don't think there's anything preventing you from choosing to use a card instead of a MagicBand if that's what you want (the only issue may be dealing with CMs during EMH, since they'll expect to see a MagicBand from resort guests).
Come visit the DISDads clubhouse! | DISDad #420 - Visit our new forum!

Old 01-18-2013, 09:31 PM   #1611
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Evening all…
It’s been a couple of miserable workdays (and I’ve got to go back in tomorrow) so I’m mightily behind. Lets see if I can’t catch up just a little bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post
Thanks guys! Having a hard time believing she's 5. Time flies.
Just wait… it picks up speed form here.
And then somewhere around 9 or 10…
attitude gets added into the mix.

A belated happy birthday to your young’en.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Since I consider all of you family, I wanted to let you know that my father passed away this morning. Please keep our family in your prayers, especially my DD's who have never experienced a loss of a family member.
Dear Lord.
David, I’m very sorry to hear about this.
Such an unfathomable loss. Many prayers are being sent for you and the rest of your family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Does that mean Norm doesn't exist?
He exists so long as you believe he does.

Quote:
I drink beer, therefore I am.
There…
that pretty much settles the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Woohoo, the truck started. Now I can leave work early.

Much better then: “Now I can leave for work early.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
OK FOOLS... here is my TR from the marathon and DDCC weekend.

Nemesis Challenge: No Pain, No Gain. A ½ Marathon 2013 TR

This my friends is not a shameless plug. It is much more than that.
A shameful plug then?
I’ll be over in a bit to check it out.

Quote:
Cheat. Make Millions. Cry. Make stupid people believe you.
Sad truth is that the number of people whose lives are perfectly summed up by this is entirely too large.

I blame the folks in the last sentence there.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:09 PM   #1612
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTaz

Hope all have a good start to a 3 day weekend (well those in the states)
Not everybody in the states... Apparently, my employer doesn't recognize the celebration of the civil rights movement and MLK as a holiday.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:23 PM   #1613
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Night took forever, but made it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Brent, are you guys eating your apple a day?
Three of us got hit all at once, almost at the exact same time. I will find out in a couple of weeks if my immune system might be out of whack. Amelia might have some flu symptons, we are watching her close. Three days of R&R (two for DW, she still works Monday) will do wonders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
Sorry you are not feeling well again. Prayers for a quick recovery.

Have they figured out why so many people are trying to steal stuff lately or is it always like that? I would think there has to be some type of solution so people stop trying.
I kinda expected to get a cold at some point, I work with the public, exposed a lot. So far, it doesn;t feel any different then any other time. Might not be, I do worry over the smallest, stupidest things.

We can't stop them, they do not want us risking ourselves over a bottle, so we stand back. There is security that walks about 1-2 nights a week, but no garuntee there. Lots happen in the days too. All we can do is try to let them know we know and hope to deterr it. I know I've thwarted a couple in the past three weeks myself, just by the look you give ect. If we know they hit us, I log and capture it all on our DVR cameras and send a report, gets us more security.

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 01-18-2013, 11:27 PM   #1614
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Now starting a three-day weekend. Off tomorrow and Saturday, and Monday is my day off for next week, kids are home, it;s report-card writing day for teachers. May try to go do something tomorrow, health pending for everyone, if not, rest it up. Might break out Candyland and Hungry Hungry Hippos with the girls, and some XBox.

Also might check out some Hockey tomorrow night, see what state we are at at that point and time...

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)

Old 01-19-2013, 01:48 AM   #1615
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Hi guys. Thank you all for the kind words, texts and phone calls. I got pretty choked up when sharing your support with a family member. We truly are a family. The visitation and funeral will be Monday. My daughters were more in shock when we told them. I expect more questions and tears as the days go by. My wife and I thank you again for all that you have done.

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 10/4/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 01-19-2013, 05:24 AM   #1616
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Nineteen years ago today, I was pacing back and forth in one of the birthing rooms at Baptist Hospital. After hours of trauma (for me, not anyone else) my beautiful little Princess came screaming into the world. Soon after she was born, I went outside to sit on a bench to ponder what just happened. It hit me that I was now a dad and this little person was my responsibility. Would not trade the last 19 years for anything. Happy birthday Andriana.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:31 AM   #1617
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Nineteen years ago today, I was pacing back and forth in one of the birthing rooms at Baptist Hospital. After hours of trauma (for me, not anyone else) my beautiful little Princess came screaming into the world. Soon after she was born, I went outside to sit on a bench to ponder what just happened. It hit me that I was now a dad and this little person was my responsibility. Would not trade the last 19 years for anything. Happy birthday Andriana.
Happy Birthday to Andriana!!

Old 01-19-2013, 05:42 AM   #1618
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Morning everyone...up way earlier then plannned, the flu bug has indeed struck Amelia,threw up a couple of hours ago....got it all cleaned up, both girls now awake, watching Disney Junior. Gonna be a long day....

Oso is on now...how to you go from Samwise Gamgee to the world's slowest bear?

Old 01-19-2013, 06:16 AM   #1619
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Hi guys. Thank you all for the kind words, texts and phone calls. I got pretty choked up when sharing your support with a family member. We truly are a family. The visitation and funeral will be Monday. My daughters were more in shock when we told them. I expect more questions and tears as the days go by. My wife and I thank you again for all that you have done.
Glad to be here for you David! It's what we do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Happy Birthday Andriana! (Crash / Princess the Pirate Princess)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Morning everyone...up way earlier then plannned, the flu bug has indeed struck Amelia,threw up a couple of hours ago....got it all cleaned up, both girls now awake, watching Disney Junior. Gonna be a long day....

Oso is on now...how to you go from Samwise Gamgee to the world's slowest bear?
Praying that everyone is feeling better soon, Brent!

Old 01-19-2013, 07:02 AM   #1620
disdadIL
DIS Dad #711
Big Trouble in Little Suburbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971

There are at least 3 of us planning to be in August, but our dates are not set yet. Planning on flying Sw and the window is not open to book flights yet. I hope to have the dates set in the next couple of weeks. I think Brent gets there the 19th. Are you planning a trip?

Listening to Wishes right now on iPhone.
I will be in the World August 4-11
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, convention, dole whip, fun

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: