Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2013, 09:41 PM   #11
mistysue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by going/again View Post
FYI there is no bonus to being disabled intended or not.
Of course I am not calling being disabled a perk. The lack of tone of voice makes it come out wrong.
For a person who needs a special car or vehicle the fastpass lane may not save time. The bump up in line position is the closest to equal you can get, but that situation is different from a person who has needs concerning the shape of line or proximity to people.

What I was saying is that IF the disability is one that does not effect actual loading, unlimited use of the fastpass lane is in itself a perk that people gain- I am not calling being disabled a perk, I am not wishing it on anybody, but GAC as fastpass is a perk which is why there are people who exploit it and try to take advantage.
Not being able to touch people is not made fair by skipping a one hour line. I'm also not trying to argue whose life is harder, everybody has things to deal with, and as much as nobody with a GAC wants it to be assumed they are faking something, there is no reason to assume that somebody without a GAC does need extra magic just as badly as you that day. Skipping the line is not equal treatment, it is preferential treatment that is not available to everyone. It can be fair if you allow some form of schedule. Something like an immediate length of line fastpass, pre-selected time or the stamp idea that limits your fastpass line usage without pulling actual fastpasses would make it as close to equal as you could likely get.

I like vacations.
mistysue is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: