Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 07:44 AM   #616
myweegirls
Caught the Disney Bug from my husband and am now hooked in my own right!

Hi! Back with little to no hope of actually catching up. The WDW half was great! I finished in 2:19:02, justifying my corral placement (which I'd worried was too high), and I felt great, albeit tired, afterward. My only hitch was when I went to grab my bag of energy chews a little before halfway - and they were gone! I had a mini breakdown & then sucked it up, made a backup plan, and kept going. DH and I are planning to do the Goofy in a year to cross the full off our bucket list. Can't believe I'm really planning to do that...

I planned to take a few days off from running to recover and regroup before I start getting ready for the next half (Nike in April!), and my body agreed, finally coming down with some of the crud going around. I started feeling ick at my rehearsal last night, and I'm pulling a sick day today. Time to rest & hydrate. I have a huge solo on Sunday and random stuff to do later today, so I'm going to see how I feel tomorrow and maybe head out for an "easy" couple of miles tomorrow when it's a little warmer. I hate getting sick!!! At least it's a long weekend.

I hope everyone has a beautiful, healthy day!

XO
Liz

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

ABD ~ 2013 (Backstage Magic) * AKL ~ 2010 * AKV ~ 2012, 2013, 2014 * Aulani ~ 2014 * BLT ~ 2011 * BC ~ 2010, 2014 * BWI ~ 2010, 2012 * BWV ~ 2011 * DCL ~ 2012 (Dream/PC 3.0 & Fantasy/PC 4.0), 2013 (Dream), 2014 (Dream), 2015 (Wonder) * DL Offsite ~ 2013 * GC ~ 2011, 2014 * GF ~ 2011 * Poly ~ 2009, 2010 * POFQ ~ 2010 * Royal Caribbean ~ 2013 (Oasis/DIS Cruise 1.0) * WL ~ 2013

myweegirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:47 AM   #617
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoLime View Post
QOTD for Friday, January 18, 2013:

What's your favorite form of exercise?

Bonus QOTD: Describe yourself in 10 words or less.

QOTD: I'm partial to walking because I can do it anywhere, anytime. Plus it's low impact.

Bonus QOTD: Wife, Mom, HR Consultant, and all around fun person!
First off, thank you for the warm welcome everybody! I'm still trying to figure out how this whole thing works so bear with me.

Fave exercise-without a doubt RUNNING! You can do it anywhere and it's the only thing that has consistently helped me both lose and keep my weight in check. Hardly a speed demon, but at least (minus the injury time) I'm up off the couch. And at the risk of sounding , don't think I'm in too bad of shape compared to many other 45 year-old women I know. (Forgive me for the self-induced ego trip, having a low-esteem kind of day...)!

Bonus QOTD: Wife, friend, animal-lover, running freak, funny, sports nut, Disney Dork , loyal.

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 08:00 AM   #618
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
That is one chore that I would NOT let my DH tackle! I would be afraid of what the grocery budget would look like and what the pantry would look like. Not so much JUNK food, as DH follows Atkins and doesn't indulge in junk, but he NEVER seems to follow the sales or look at unit prices.... and he doesn't really seem to know what I commonly stock in the kitchen.

Do you have kids?? I noticed you mentioned fruit roll-ups.
My husband has a 12-year old daughter who has, by no choice due to my health freakiness, become somewhat of a better eater. When she asks if she can have a junkie snack, I tell her to try and have some cheese or something other than fried, sugary, or just plain crap. Her usual reply is "okay".

DH on the other hand is a control-freak about the grocery shopping, mainly because he knows I would probably put us in the poor house shopping at "Whole Paycheck Supermarket". He's very sensitive about his eating habits and even though he has improved somewhat since hooking up with me, I still cringe at alot of what he does chow on. He's a perfect example of what I call "mindless eating". He sits on the couch at night, reading the paper on his phone, chowing down on Cheetos and marshmellows . I don't think he even really realizes what he's doing. He does run with me and loves our elliptical, and works his butt off doing stuff around the house, but it's so hard to find that happy middle ground with him where he won't get upset because I'm trying to nicely stay on his case about his eating habits. Men!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:12 AM   #619
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
I am constantly fighting back, p-f, itbs, etc problems. Have you tried yoga? It makes a huge difference. There are lots of degrees of difficulty when it comes to yoga, and frankly I find it very boring sometimes, but especially after my last batch of injuries it really helped me to get back to doing the things I love.

Thanks for the yoga recommendations. I think I might pull out a Yoga video or Wii game and try some today. I haven't been able to get to the chiropractor and I'm really getting sore and stiff. Maybe some yoga would help!

Thank you so much for coaching Pamela!

You are SO welcome!!

Mike and I have talked several times about the fact that when we were growing up soda, fast food and even most sweets were treats. Having soda was a HUGE deal and so was fast food. I have definitely been guilty of too much junk, but it does make is so much easier when it is just not in the house!
Out of sight, out of mind, right??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary"Poppins View Post
I hope your DD enjoys her contacts. It was such a big step for my 2 sons when they got them.

She wore glasses briefly (like a few weeks) in elementary school, but hated them. Tried them again (even more briefly!) in middle school and hated them again. But now she is desperate. She has been having trouble seeing the Acti-Board at school and while she did pass the State eye exam for her license in September, she knows that she should have corrective lenses to drive. Hopefully she will keep up with the cleaning and such.

I like the question today Pam!

Oh good! Not an original idea though. Someone posted as the QOTD a few seasons ago. But it was so much fun, I thought we'd try it again!

I went to a 75% sale and I'm in with the sweaters I found.

Oh good! I hit the clearance racks at TJ Maxx last night. I didn't intend to shop, but had a return and started browsing. I tried on about 11 items and only ended up purchasing one! And it figures, it was the most expensive item I picked up! But I think every woman should have at least ONE cashmere sweater in her wardrobe, right? And it was a steal at $29!! Nice basic heather grey v-neck.... will go with black, grey, and navy.... can add a lacy tank underneath or a necklace or scarf on top.... can go under a blazer or jacket, with a skirt or pants..... (CAN YOU SEE ME TRYING TO JUSTIFY THE PURCHASE HERE??).

What I really need is BLACK PANTS, but so far no luck!

What kinds of sweaters did you buy??? Do you prefer the big bulky thick knit ones or the thinner?? Plain or decorative? Wool, cashmere, blend, or synthetic?

Bonus: We have NO junk sitting around the house. We actually went to my middle son's doctor's appointment about his weight and the doctor asked the same question. And my son (to our happiness) said there was NOTHING in the house to eat besides healthy snacks .... and my son was also laughing about it. (In the past he would have been angry about this.) He told the doctor this always happens when his parents are dieting!
I'll bet you were SO HAPPY that DS was able to honestly tell the doctor that there was NO JUNK in the house!! And remember.... you aren't just dieting.... you are starting a new healthy life journey, right??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoscrap View Post
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my insulated water bottle. I don't have the Hydroflask but a similar one. I have one by Thermos and it is my constant companion. I had 2 but actually lost one this weekend. I am hoping it shows up. I love cold water so having ice water around the clock that I can just keep refilling and sipping is great.

Where did you get it? Our last good insulated water bottle broke a few weeks ago and I haven't found a new one that I like yet. Both of the kids carry water bottles to school with them every day (plus of course, DD brings one to swim) and they hate it when the bottles sweat on their desks and in their backpacks.

I want a new scale. I just haven't really looked for one yet. I have an old digital WW one. My recommendation is to get one that you can put a full size plate on and still be able to read the numbers. I like to just put my dinner plate on the scale and then put the food directly on it rather than dirty additional dishes and have to keep transferring the food from one place to the other. Definitely get one that is digital and can do both ounces and grams.

Great suggestions!

Nothing exciting to say here. Same story, different day. Work. Exhausted. Eat. Sleep.

Sounds like DD's t-shirt that reads "Eat, sleep, study, swim, rinse, repeat"

Well except that I don't think I will be having dinner. Too tired to make anything, don't really have anything to make and nothing sounds good anyway. Everything I want has gluten and that would be a good idea. All the gf options I have aren't worth the carbs! I am so absolutely tired that I just want to crawl into bed.

Wow! You must be really tired to skip supper! Hope you found something healthy, low-carb, and gluten free to eat. Your body needs that fuel after a full work day!

I did have one huge bright spot because I totally forgot that today is my house cleaning day. A friend of mine cleans houses and comes here once a month. It is worth every penny (and she doesn't charge much!). It is so wonderful to come home to a clean house with sparkling bathrooms, mopped and vacuumed floors, and a clean kitchen. Of course since I forgot she was coming we didn't clean up the clutter so I am rather embarrassed about that. And I really hope no one left their dirty underwear on the bathroom floor!

LUCKY!!

Weather is getting bad and we expect snow overnight. Everyone was taking bets on if school would be closed or delayed. My guess is just a 2 hour delay. But the forecast seems to be changing to maybe not really any snow so could be a normal day. I really want to sleep in! Probably won't know until around 5am. I think they will wait until the last minute to decide. Most other districts around us have already announced a delay.

So since I may be up at zero dark thirty I am going to crawl to bed. Everyone have a great Friday!
Fingers crossed that you got to sleep in a bit today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by araes2102 View Post
Had a day at work... just very stressful and inducing... was required to all day even though I had so much to be doing out in the field. I how they expect us to keep up... Not making choices the last few days, diet but exercise ! Plus my and I decided to move back the wedding date, due to $, guess I will have to wait longer to be. Oh, and DS's big day is on Monday! Have to figure out how to avoid the! Ok, ok I will stop and go get myself a
I'm so sorry your work day wasn't good. And double sorry you've had to move back the wedding date. But I'm sure it will be a PERFECT day, whenever it finally happens!

How old is DS going to be? My DS turns 15 in less than 10 days! He's my BABY! How did this happen??

Quote:

Ummm... NONE! I hate exercising. I literally have to force myself to move EVERY DAY! Some day I hope to find the PERFECT type of exercise for me. Maybe I am just too "type A" and the entire time I am exercising I am thinking about what else I "should" be doing. But I KNOW that I need to exercise, virtually every day. So for now I stick with walking and running (usually intervals), some free weights to keep my arms and shoulders slightly toned, and a bit of circuit training to shake things up. Should definitely do more ab work, but oh well.

Mom, wife,"chauffeur", "home maintenance engineer", Christian, weight-loss success !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
My favorite form of exercise is going to a gym or class. Love step classes. That being said cannot afford it at the moment, so walking it is for now.

How about doing your own at home? I made my own step a few years ago from some scrap lumber and created my own step program with my Ipod. Once you know the basic steps (which you do from having taken the class) it should be easy. Sure, it isn't as much fun as a group class.... You can also buy steps at Target/Walmart.... and I often see them used at the GW or SA.

Do you have a Wii with Wii Fit? I also put the Wii balance board on TOP of the step I built to make it more challenging.

Bonus?

"home nurse", "school & home counselor", "chauffer" and house manager.

(would like to replace those terms in the near future...just saying)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenfield1984 View Post
Good morning everyone!

QOTD: my fave exercise is any high intensity aerobics. Right now I'm doing turbo fire. In m former life (before kids) I was a gym rat and loved spending 2 hours a day 6 days a week at the gym doing free weights and the elliptical and stair master... But I don't have time like that anymore!

Bonus: wife, mom, writer, baker, introvert and sadly lonely

Have a great day everyone!
WOW! That previous exercise routine makes me Did you really love it?

I'm sorry you are lonely. I have moments like that, despite my busy life. I think it is because I don't have any real close friends IRL. My Mom lives 2 hours away (although we talk daily) and my DD is leaving for college in the fall (we are close, but I understand I need to be her Mom and not her "friend" right now).

You can always come here and visit with us!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiree View Post
Actually I'm really loving running now! Also I'm addicted to the ellipticals at the gym. I can just put a tv show on and roll!

Wife. Mom. Nerd.
Just three words? I kept reworking mine over and over to fit in everything I wanted and still stick to just 10 words! Glad you like the elliptical. I find it makes my toes fall asleep for some reason! I try to stick to 20 minutes or less on it for that reason.

Quote:
Thank you for coaching last week Pamela! And for taking over this week Emily!

Pamela--I missed that your DD is getting contacts. Tom got them in 7th or 8th grade (can't remember) and always did really well with them. He's pretty blind without some form of corrective lens, so that might be part of it. But he misplaced lots of other things but never lost his glasses or contacts. I bet she'll do great with them!

Here's to hoping! She can be a bit of a "loser". When I asked for her lunch sack this morning, she said it was probably with her retainer (which hasn't been seen in weeks). But it turned up.... and hopefully her retainer will soon! I can SEE her teeth shifting!

Looking forward to updating the weights this weekend!

And I need to get my info to you NOW!!

Right now my favorite form of exercise is anything that doesn't involve running. Actually I love to run, I am just burned out and looking forward to getting back into a routine that involves more classes and less ridiculously long runs.

10 words: I have to think about this one.

Hope everyone has a great Friday! Off to run my mile and get ready for work.
Hope your mile goes smoothly and your work day is fast!

Good Friday to my friends! ANOTHER DAY OFF for me! While part of me is going , part of me is also going I like the money! DD and I are desperately trying to save for a graduation trip to Disney and I can't pull anything from the regular budget.

DH is totally against the trip because of college expenses coming up, but if I can do it for $1000 or less, I should be all set (already have about $800 saved). Sure, I KNOW that the money should go into the college account, but in the grand scheme of things, $1000 is a drop in the bucket and you know what... YOLO!!! Many, many things will be changing in our lives in the coming few years. DD won't be here and I am going to miss her like crazy! This may be our last chance to do something like this for a long time! And I hate to be morbid, but let's face it... you don't live forever! I am very frugal and believe in saving for emergencies, retirement, etc., but I am not going to spend my entire life saving for "what if" and not living in the NOW! Sure this would be a splurge, but I don't think I would ever regret it.

Okay friends! Time for me to get moving. I never made it onto the website for my new job training yesterday, so that is a priority for today! Hope it isn't boring!

TTYL........................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #620
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
My husband has a 12-year old daughter who has, by no choice due to my health freakiness, become somewhat of a better eater. When she asks if she can have a junkie snack, I tell her to try and have some cheese or something other than fried, sugary, or just plain crap. Her usual reply is "okay".

Good for you!!

DH on the other hand is a control-freak about the grocery shopping, mainly because he knows I would probably put us in the poor house shopping at "Whole Paycheck Supermarket". He's very sensitive about his eating habits and even though he has improved somewhat since hooking up with me, I still cringe at alot of what he does chow on. He's a perfect example of what I call "mindless eating". He sits on the couch at night, reading the paper on his phone, chowing down on Cheetos and marshmallows . I don't think he even really realizes what he's doing. He does run with me and loves our elliptical, and works his butt off doing stuff around the house, but it's so hard to find that happy middle ground with him where he won't get upset because I'm trying to nicely stay on his case about his eating habits. Men!
SERIOUSLY???? I mean, it is great that he stays active and all, but all of the junk and sugar is going to catch up with him. Being slim doesn't automatically equal healthy. Hopefully you can continue to resist the junk he buys and set a good healthy example for him and his DD!

Howdy folks! I FINALLY started the training for my new job today... at least the web-based training. While I am SURE that the job will be great, the training is a bit boring and I can't STAND just sitting still doing NOTHING but listening! When DH went out for a dip in the hot tub I had an idea .....

I put the training on speaker (was listening with ear buds so as not to disturb DH's work), pulled on my workout gear, and started MOVING! Squats, lunges, tricep dips, wall-sits, 21's, jump rope, step ups (pulled a random step stool into the office) overhead presses. I was still able to concentrate on the intro and all of the info, but I didn't feel like I was stagnating and it really went much quicker! I might try to complete a bit more after lunch, but I did nearly 90 minutes this morning and now I need to get on with my day!

Serving pancakes tonight for a swim team fundraiser. How will I resist eating them??? Guess I will be SURE to fill up with a healthy dinner before heading down to the Y!

I also need to pack up some goodie bags for the HS swim team (DD is the SWEETEST captain and I'm trying to help her by being a good "co-captain ). They have a VERY long meet on Sunday and DD thought it would be nice to provide some healthy snacks. I agreed to fund this idea and bought a bunch of stuff last night.... small bottles of Gatorade, trail mix packets, almonds, apples, raisins, etc. I will pack up a bag for each swimmer and the coaches and DD will attach a name tag and some sort of inspiration.

BTW, I think I forgot to mention..... DD got a call week accepting her to her TOP CHOICE COLLEGE!! Now we just need the paperwork and hopefully they will "show me the money!" Looks like she will be heading to Roger Williams University in southern Rhode Island. Still waiting to hear from 4 other schools, but this was her number one choice. Of course, it will depend on any $$ offers from the other schools, plus swim coach input. She already got one acceptance with a $16,000 offer, but it was a safety school.

Off to start lunch and proceed on with my day! My bed isn't even made yet!! TTYL.................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:16 AM   #621
pix13dust
DIS Veteran

I'm up and running again! I was sidelined with the Stomach Flu 😷 I feel like I am finally getting my strength back! On a side note, I finally lost some pounds 🎉 if I could, I would pencil in the stomach flu one weekend a month as my weight loss plan!

For the most part, I've been keeping up with thread- everyone is very inspiring! A special congrats to those that participated in Marathon weekend 😄

Lets see, favorite exercise right now must be yoga, I really feel a sense of accomplishment at the end of class.

10 words: wife, mom, liberal hippie freak, warrior, changing, stuck in a dead end job ( I'll work on that at a later date ) compassionate, positive, snarky, Disney lover, organized, punctual.

My baby turns 10 on Sunday! Just saying that gives me a smile- she was born 7 weeks early, very sickly and not given a good prognosis but here she is 10 years later, happy and healthy! The problem is she picked P F Changs for her birthday dinner. Yikes! I've been scouring the menu to find an app and dinner combo that comes in under 1000 calories?? Help! Plus I'd like a martini 😊
Favorite
pix13dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #622
camnhan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoLime

QOTD: I'm partial to walking because I can do it anywhere, anytime. Plus it's low impact.

Any group class!! Love Zumba and Group Power....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla

Good Friday to my friends! ANOTHER DAY OFF for me! While part of me is going , part of me is also going I like the money! DD and I are desperately trying to save for a graduation trip to Disney and I can't pull anything from the regular budget.

DH is totally against the trip because of college expenses coming up, but if I can do it for $1000 or less, I should be all set (already have about $800 saved). Sure, I KNOW that the money should go into the college account, but in the grand scheme of things, $1000 is a drop in the bucket and you know what... YOLO!!! Many, many things will be changing in our lives in the coming few years. DD won't be here and I am going to miss her like crazy! This may be our last chance to do something like this for a long time! And I hate to be morbid, but let's face it... you don't live forever! I am very frugal and believe in saving for emergencies, retirement, etc., but I am not going to spend my entire life saving for "what if" and not living in the NOW! Sure this would be a splurge, but I don't think I would ever regret it.

Okay friends! Time for me to get moving. I never made it onto the website for my new job training yesterday, so that is a priority for today! Hope it isn't boring!

TTYL........................P
I so agree with you...your children will always remember the trip you took and not the money saved. I have that fight with my mom every time we go to Disney....sure the money could be used elsewhere but in the past 2 years I have had 3 girlfriends who have lost their husbands to cancer at that just really hits home....I know you don't have to travel to spend meaningful time with your kids but it is so magical when we are there .......our special time

Well had follow up from surgery today and he is happy with the bone positioning...re-casted for 2more weeks but I get to start moving my fingers!!!! They don't move much now so have to start exercising them daily....going to try to go back to work on Monday.
I want to get one of those stability ball chairs for my office but my hubby won't let me until my wrist is healed...just in case I would fall off my chair. LOL

Hope everyone has a great weekend......especially our Tink runner Lisa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

camnhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:38 PM   #623
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Quote:

The elliptical. There's one at the gym everyone knows is "mine" it's a fun one.
Smart, strong, funny, hard working, alpha (Mom) cat, liberal, frugal.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #624
ColoradoLime
Pure Disney Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post

My favorite form of exercise is going to a gym or class. Love step classes. That being said cannot afford it at the moment, so walking it is for now.

"home nurse", "school & home counselor", "chauffer" and house manager.

(would like to replace those terms in the near future...just saying )
I love classes at the gym too. Just have to find (i.e. make) the time to go!
Good job on keeping up the walking even though you can go to the gym right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenfield1984 View Post
my fave exercise is any high intensity aerobics. Right now I'm doing turbo fire. In m former life (before kids) I was a gym rat and loved spending 2 hours a day 6 days a week at the gym doing free weights and the elliptical and stair master... But I don't have time like that anymore!
Awesome job on the Turbo Fire. I've looked at it and it scares me! Maybe as I get a bit fitter I'll be brave enough to try it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiree View Post
Actually I'm really loving running now! Also I'm addicted to the ellipticals at the gym. I can just put a tv show on and roll!

Wife. Mom. Nerd.
LOL @ "nerd"...me too sometimes

Quote:
Thank you for coaching last week Pamela! And for taking over this week Emily!

My pleasure!

Right now my favorite form of exercise is anything that doesn't involve running. Actually I love to run, I am just burned out and looking forward to getting back into a routine that involves more classes and less ridiculously long runs.
lol I'm opposed to running too, but not for lack of trying!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myweegirls View Post
Hi! Back with little to no hope of actually catching up. The WDW half was great! I finished in 2:19:02, justifying my corral placement (which I'd worried was too high), and I felt great, albeit tired, afterward. My only hitch was when I went to grab my bag of energy chews a little before halfway - and they were gone! I had a mini breakdown & then sucked it up, made a backup plan, and kept going. DH and I are planning to do the Goofy in a year to cross the full off our bucket list. Can't believe I'm really planning to do that...

I planned to take a few days off from running to recover and regroup before I start getting ready for the next half (Nike in April!), and my body agreed, finally coming down with some of the crud going around. I started feeling ick at my rehearsal last night, and I'm pulling a sick day today. Time to rest & hydrate. I have a huge solo on Sunday and random stuff to do later today, so I'm going to see how I feel tomorrow and maybe head out for an "easy" couple of miles tomorrow when it's a little warmer. I hate getting sick!!! At least it's a long weekend.
Awesome job on all the running you've completed and have planned!!!

Quote:

Fave exercise-without a doubt RUNNING! You can do it anywhere and it's the only thing that has consistently helped me both lose and keep my weight in check. Hardly a speed demon, but at least (minus the injury time) I'm up off the couch. And at the risk of sounding , don't think I'm in too bad of shape compared to many other 45 year-old women I know. (Forgive me for the self-induced ego trip, having a low-esteem kind of day...)!

Bonus QOTD: Wife, friend, animal-lover, running freak, funny, sports nut, Disney Dork , loyal.
You are absolutely allowed to brag about your health! So many people take that for granted. Shout it from the rooftops!!

Why didn't I think to put in "Disney Dork"?!

Quote:

I put the training on speaker (was listening with ear buds so as not to disturb DH's work), pulled on my workout gear, and started MOVING! Squats, lunges, tricep dips, wall-sits, 21's, jump rope, step ups (pulled a random step stool into the office) overhead presses. I was still able to concentrate on the intro and all of the info, but I didn't feel like I was stagnating and it really went much quicker! I might try to complete a bit more after lunch, but I did nearly 90 minutes this morning and now I need to get on with my day!

BTW, I think I forgot to mention..... DD got a call week accepting her to her TOP CHOICE COLLEGE!! Now we just need the paperwork and hopefully they will "show me the money!" Looks like she will be heading to Roger Williams University in southern Rhode Island. Still waiting to hear from 4 other schools, but this was her number one choice. Of course, it will depend on any $$ offers from the other schools, plus swim coach input. She already got one acceptance with a $16,000 offer, but it was a safety school.
All of this is just awesome news!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pix13dust View Post
I'm up and running again! I was sidelined with the Stomach Flu 😷 I feel like I am finally getting my strength back! On a side note, I finally lost some pounds 🎉 if I could, I would pencil in the stomach flu one weekend a month as my weight loss plan!

Lets see, favorite exercise right now must be yoga, I really feel a sense of accomplishment at the end of class.

My baby turns 10 on Sunday! Just saying that gives me a smile- she was born 7 weeks early, very sickly and not given a good prognosis but here she is 10 years later, happy and healthy! The problem is she picked P F Changs for her birthday dinner. Yikes! I've been scouring the menu to find an app and dinner combo that comes in under 1000 calories?? Help! Plus I'd like a martini 😊
Favorite
I just got over the stomach bug too. Lost 4 lbs and have only gained 2 back. I'm working on staying on my WW plan so I can keep up with that loss.

So glad to hear that with a poor prognosis your baby girl is thriving!

As far as PF Chang's, that's a hard option. They have veggie options, but those are no fun. If it were me, I choose what I wanted, pledge to only eat half the portion at most, and then kick up the exercise for the rest of the week. Enjoy her party dinner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camnhan View Post
Any group class!! Love Zumba and Group Power....

Well had follow up from surgery today and he is happy with the bone positioning...re-casted for 2more weeks but I get to start moving my fingers!!!! They don't move much now so have to start exercising them daily....going to try to go back to work on Monday.
I want to get one of those stability ball chairs for my office but my hubby won't let me until my wrist is healed...just in case I would fall off my chair. LOL
I love Zumba too. I have the whole Zumba workout DVD set and it's so fun!

Glad to hear your hubby is watching out for you while you recover.

Have to run, but I'll be back to catch up on all the other posts. You guys are doing so great!!

WDW: 2009 (Caribbean Beach Resort)
Disneyland CA: 2013 (HoJo Anaheim)

Join the best darn May/June 2013 DLR Trip Planning Thread! Click HERE

ColoradoLime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #625
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quick check in.
We are headed to DC in the morning to see my dad drive in the Inaugural Parade!! WOOHOO!!!

So, I will either send my weight in tonight or first thing tomorrow morning.

I won't be on the boards much so I will touch base with everyone when I get back on Tuesday.
PrincessNancy96 will get updates when we arrive. See my thread here if you want updates:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3049821

I hope to log some serious miles this week!
Old 01-18-2013, 07:11 PM   #626
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I have a few favorite exercises. I love my group circuit training class and I also enjoy running.

10 words? Mom, wife, teacher, Disney fanatic, planner, loves purses & chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post

Off to start lunch and proceed on with my day! My bed isn't even made yet!! TTYL.................P
Congrats to DD and hope it works out so she can go to her #1 choice!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good evening! I hope everyone had a good week of eating and exercise! I did good this week and feel like I'm back on track (finally).

I don't have too much to share tonight. I told DH that I really want to run the Tower of Terror 10 miler this year. I really wanted to run it last year, but didn't have the money. So, I was thinking of doing it this year. Except, DH reminded me that we are going to WDW next week and he still has no idea about getting a new job. He is going to apply to places while he waits to take his boards, but it's all up in the air. Then, the dreaded student loans will be arriving for repayment. So once again, I don't know if I'll be able to do it I guess I'm going to try to find some fun running events closer to home? I know if I sign up for a run I will train & do it. But, I would like to do more than 5ks but I'm not sure about a 1/2 marathon. Any suggestions for fun runs? I am in western PA/border of Ohio if anyone knows of any within a couple hours from me. Thanks!

I let DSs rent video games tonight since we have a three day weekend. This is a rare treat & they only got them because they each had a gift card which covered the full cost. That probably sounds mean, but we limit video games & tablet time during the school week plus it's too expensive to rent games. So I let them about once a month (or even less). They are pretty excited. We also rented Frankenweenie! I hope it's cute.

The plan for this weekend is to start packing. I have a Disney stash going right now & I just need to organize it more...like in a suitcase I also want to get everything ready for in the parks (my purse). DS9 decided he wants to get autographs, so I used the design thread for pictures & made an autograph book on Walgreens website. I don't think I have anything else to buy, but I am going to make a menu & grocery list tonight, so if I think of anything else for the trip I can run by Walmart.

My major dilemma this trip is DS6 and a stroller. I know when we went 2 years ago, DS9 was 7 and even used the stroller a few times to sit and relax. I told DH I think we should go ahead and rent one from off site just in case, but he thinks I'm crazy & DS6 will not need a stroller. DH doesn't want to lug a stroller on the buses & spend more money. I would rather have it just in case. I have a good feeling DS will be tired with 5 days in the parks. And, since the parks close earlier, we plan to stay in the parks most of the day. Bah! Anyone have any experience with this? Advice? Thanks!

Well, I'm off to put a load of laundry away and make my menu & grocery list. So, have a great night!

Jill
Old 01-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #627
Figment1990
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur

I have a few favorite exercises. I love my group circuit training class and I also enjoy running.

Good evening! I hope everyone had a good week of eating and exercise! I did good this week and feel like I'm back on track (finally).

I don't have too much to share tonight. I told DH that I really want to run the Tower of Terror 10 miler this year. I really wanted to run it last year, but didn't have the money. So, I was thinking of doing it this year. Except, DH reminded me that we are going to WDW next week and he still has no idea about getting a new job. He is going to apply to places while he waits to take his boards, but it's all up in the air. Then, the dreaded student loans will be arriving for repayment. So once again, I don't know if I'll be able to do it I guess I'm going to try to find some fun running events closer to home? I know if I sign up for a run I will train & do it. But, I would like to do more than 5ks but I'm not sure about a 1/2 marathon. Any suggestions for fun runs? I am in western PA/border of Ohio if anyone knows of any within a couple hours from me. Thanks!

I let DSs rent video games tonight since we have a three day weekend. This is a rare treat & they only got them because they each had a gift card which covered the full cost. That probably sounds mean, but we limit video games & tablet time during the school week plus it's too expensive to rent games. So I let them about once a month (or even less). They are pretty excited. We also rented Frankenweenie! I hope it's cute.

The plan for this weekend is to start packing. I have a Disney stash going right now & I just need to organize it more...like in a suitcase I also want to get everything ready for in the parks (my purse). DS9 decided he wants to get autographs, so I used the design thread for pictures & made an autograph book on Walgreens website. I don't think I have anything else to buy, but I am going to make a menu & grocery list tonight, so if I think of anything else for the trip I can run by Walmart.

My major dilemma this trip is DS6 and a stroller. I know when we went 2 years ago, DS9 was 7 and even used the stroller a few times to sit and relax. I told DH I think we should go ahead and rent one from off site just in case, but he thinks I'm crazy & DS6 will not need a stroller. DH doesn't want to lug a stroller on the buses & spend more money. I would rather have it just in case. I have a good feeling DS will be tired with 5 days in the parks. And, since the parks close earlier, we plan to stay in the parks most of the day. Bah! Anyone have any experience with this? Advice? Thanks!

Well, I'm off to put a load of laundry away and make my menu & grocery list. So, have a great night!

Jill
Jill- I know there is a 10k at the end of September in Pittsburgh and a 10k (or something like that) in Ohio near sugarcreek in the fall. The Pittsburgh marathon has a relay team option that u can have from 2-5 team members (in may). Pittsburgh is also getting a rock and roll marathon in August as is Cleveland in October. Im I'm a similar location and starting my nearby race research as well. I'll let you know what I find out. The runners world half is near Philly I think, and I hear the dc races are nice as well. (not sure how far you want to travel). Hershey PA also has a race and I think buffalo and Erie do as well. I've never done any of these so I can't speak from experience.

First trip: Mar 90, Polynesian Most recent trips: Feb '14, Princess 1/2 - GF; Jan '14, Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon! - GCH; Nov '13, Wine & Dine 1/2Marathon - BWI! In-between: Grand Floridian, AKV-Kidani, Poly, WL, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Coronado Springs, Disneyland Hotel
Figment1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:36 PM   #628
ColoradoLime
Pure Disney Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Quick check in.
We are headed to DC in the morning to see my dad drive in the Inaugural Parade!! WOOHOO!!!
How totally cool!!! How did he get that special gig?

Old 01-19-2013, 08:14 AM   #629
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by myweegirls View Post

I hope everyone has a beautiful, healthy day!

XO
Liz

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Somehow I missed this before. Congrats on completing the race!! Sorry you had to come home and get ill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pix13dust View Post

Hope you are MUCH better now!

For the most part, I've been keeping up with thread- everyone is very inspiring! A special congrats to those that participated in Marathon weekend 😄

10 words: wife, mom, liberal hippie freak, warrior, changing, stuck in a dead end job ( I'll work on that at a later date ) compassionate, positive, snarky, Disney lover, organized, punctual.

I hate to tell you, but I count 20 words! I love that you added PUNCTUAL! I should have added "OCD" to mine... it would have covered three whole words with just three letter!

Favorite
Don't have any of those restaurants here, so I can't help. And I haven't had a martini in at least 17 years, so I don't even know how many points they are! Anyhow, Happy Birthday to your baby! What a miracle she is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camnhan View Post
I so agree with you...your children will always remember the trip you took and not the money saved. I have that fight with my mom every time we go to Disney....sure the money could be used elsewhere but in the past 2 years I have had 3 girlfriends who have lost their husbands to cancer at that just really hits home....I know you don't have to travel to spend meaningful time with your kids but it is so magical when we are there .......our special time

Thanks for agreeing. I need some "back up support" to get DH on my side with this. I am SO not a splurger on most other things..... I don't buy lots of pocketbooks or shoes, I don't go to the spa or for mani/pedis, I don't drink or go out with girlfriends, we don't eat out at all, I work whenever I get the opportunity, I buy most of my clothes second hand, I don't always have the latest "gadget" or fancy phone, I clip coupons, hang clothes on the line, turn down the heat and turn up the A/C (or live without it), pack my lunch every day, etc etc etc. DISNEY is my SPLURGE! Even my Disney trips aren't over the top. We stay off-site or Value, eat breakfast in the room, bring snacks, drink water, and buy few souvenirs. I've been keeping good track of my air miles and have MORE than enough to cover 2 round-trips tickets to Orlando. While we would LOVE to stay at AoA, we would be content to visit the resort and stay at ASSp if it were cheaper (although I got a PIN code recently in the mail! ).

Sorry.... there I go JUSTIFYING again!

Hope everyone has a great weekend......especially our Tink runner Lisa!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So glad to hear your arm is healing properly! When DH had his accident a few years ago, the big initial concern was his head injury, but in the long run it was his double compound right arm fracture that was the longest lasting issue. Thankfully he is completely healed today. Not sure his grip strength ever completely returned (although he still opens jars for me!), but he NEVER complains.

Listen to DH and skip the stability ball for now! BTW, I think that a healing arm is a GREAT excuse for a hand massage, don't you?? And you usually get a manicure with that, right??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
The elliptical. There's one at the gym everyone knows is "mine" it's a fun one.
Smart, strong, funny, hard working, alpha (Mom) cat, liberal, frugal.
I"m laughing about know which elliptical is "yours". I get kind of offended when I show up at the Y and someone is on "MY" treadmill! But I recently had to move to the other end of the TM line and found that I really like the Cybex TM... it has a FAN plus it is hot pink!

Love that you are the alpha cat at your house!

Quote:
I just got over the stomach bug too. Lost 4 lbs and have only gained 2 back. I'm working on staying on my WW plan so I can keep up with that loss.

Sadly, so much flu weight loss ends up being water weight. There should be SOME upside to getting the flu!

I love Zumba too. I have the whole Zumba workout DVD set and it's so fun!

Glad to hear your hubby is watching out for you while you recover.

Have to run, but I'll be back to catch up on all the other posts. You guys are doing so great!!
Glad you are back after being sick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Quick check in.

So, I will either send my weight in tonight or first thing tomorrow morning.

I won't be on the boards much so I will touch base with everyone when I get back on Tuesday.
PrincessNancy96 will get updates when we arrive. See my thread here if you want updates:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3049821

I hope to log some serious miles this week!
Wow! You're practically famous! Can't wait to hear more about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post

I don't think an ampersand counts for a word... you can have one more!

Thanks!

Isn't that a wonderful feeling!

I KNOW that there are lots of running and race message boards and such out there. Try searching for a running club in your area. I'm sure they could provide some sort of calendar of local events.

That doesn't sound mean to me... it sound perfect! We have such a busy weekend I keep forgetting that it is a long one! Plus my kids have mid-terms next week, so not a lot of "fun" time to be had this weekend.

I usually start tossing everything into an open suitcase a few weeks ahead, and then pull it out and organize it and pack it neatly about a week before we leave.

Love to see the autograph book!

Jill
If you want to bring along a stroller, how about an umbrella stroller? They are lightweight and fold up easily. If you were planning a grocery run or anything, you could even buy one when you get there. It would probably save $$ in the long run.

If DH is concerned about lugging it on Disney buses and such, I guess you don't have any other option other than renting one daily. It may save a lot of frustration in the long run. If your DS is feeling tired, he may get cranky and that would make everyone unhappy. If he had a spot to relax a bit and maybe even take a quick snooze, that might make the trip more pleasant for everyone. Plus with a stroller, you have a place to put a small bag with snacks and drinks.... maybe you could recoup your stoller rental cost with that.

Morning friends! Hope everyone had a good night's sleep and is ready for the weekend!

I'm up and moving for a busy day. Need to leave here in about 2 hours for DD's swim meet, so I need to keep moving. I got up early to make the salad and plug in the crockpot for DS to take to robotics (it is our weekend to provide dinner). I made the dessert last night and the bbq pulled pork on Thursday, so everything is ready to go.

Yesterday's weigh-in was for no apparent reason, so I waited until today to make it official and thankfully it looked more "right" today. It was HARD not to let myself freak out yesterday when it showed a 2 pound gain though!! But I KNEW I had a good week (exercise, eating OP, water, green tea, fiber, etc), so I figured it was fluid or something. Glad I relaxed and gave myself a day to double check.

Well... DD is driving me nuts because she can't find her Ipod (and of course, that is MY fault ), so I need to go help her find it ("MOM" eyes always find things that other folks can't) and make sure she has a good breakfast.

I can't remember if there is free wi-fi at today's venue, so I'm not sure if I will be popping on later today or not................P

Old 01-19-2013, 08:48 AM   #630
ColoradoLime
Pure Disney Lover

QUESTION OF THE DAY SATURDAY JAN 19:
If someone asked you what your secret to consistent weight loss is, what would you tell them?

Bonus QOTD: Who's going to Disney this year???

My secret is movement! I can stick to my daily points all I want, but unless I move and exercise in some fashion the weight just won't come off. So MOVE!!! I need to get back to doing Zumba at home. In fact this looks a lot like me doing Zumba. lol

I am most definitely going to Disney in May of this year. Can't wait!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: