Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #31
mawhite424
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageemommy View Post
You guys are getting a few more Texans. My name is Mikka ( sounds like Micah), my sister Rae will be going, along with Isabel (10), Colin (8), Jude (7). We are very excited!! Have any of you thought about or participated in the fish extender exchange? I have never done it but would like to this trip!
We would be interested as well!
mawhite424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:33 PM   #32
ronniegintx
Earning My Ears

Cruising on Magic 4/6/13

So looking forward to this cruise. This will be our first family cruise on a Disney ship. Going with my DH and 2 DD, 15 & 8 years old. Looking forward to chatting with others who will be on the ship
ronniegintx is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 05:35 PM   #33
ronniegintx
Earning My Ears

Also from Texas. What is a "Fish Exchange"?
Old 01-18-2013, 05:40 PM   #34
Mageemommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneaterry View Post
I'd be interested but can someone explain it to me.
I have actually never participated in this but just read about it online and on the disboards. So I am gonna copy some info I found in another thread.

The Fish Extender itself is a pocket panel you hang from the fish shaped hook outside your stateroom. These can be homemade or you can purchase them on sites like Etsy, you can also find some pictures on Google or DIS forums. Families that join the FE group hang the Fish Extender outside their cabin and then exchange little gifts with others participating in the group by putting little gifts in each other’s extenders.

I am happy more families are wanting to do this!! Now is it a PARTY!
Mageemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:42 PM   #35
mommy2mb
Mouseketeer

We are also on this cruise!!! This will be our first cruise it's me & Dh,DS (2) DS(8) and my parents.. We are from Illinois and so excited to finally be sailing!!
Old 01-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #36
Mageemommy
Mouseketeer

Also, I don't mind be the organizer/facilitator of the FE if you guys don't mind a first timer. But if one of you has done this before and feels more qualified, I don't mind that either.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:53 PM   #37
mawhite424
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Also, I don't mind be the organizer/facilitator of the FE if you guys don't mind a first timer. But if one of you has done this before and feels more qualified, I don't mind that either.
Mikka, that would be great! Just let us know what you need from us!
Old 01-18-2013, 08:04 PM   #38
ronniegintx
Earning My Ears

MaWhite - since you are bringing your grandchildren, do you have to have certain documentation that allows you to travel with them? The reason for my question is that my 15 yr old is actually my step daughter. Her mom passed away and obviously cannot give consent. I do not want to get the kids passports and was wondering what documentation is required.

Thanks,
Old 01-18-2013, 08:33 PM   #39
mawhite424
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronniegintx View Post
MaWhite - since you are bringing your grandchildren, do you have to have certain documentation that allows you to travel with them? The reason for my question is that my 15 yr old is actually my step daughter. Her mom passed away and obviously cannot give consent. I do not want to get the kids passports and was wondering what documentation is required.

Thanks,
There's a consent form provided by Disney that we bring with us, but that won't help you if her mom passed away. Is your husband her real dad or step-dad? Or do you have any documentation that shows you're her legal guardian? Does she have your last name? If so, I wouldn't mention that she's a step-daughter.

Personally, I would get her a passport. We all have our passports because it really is safer traveling out of the US with them. I'm not sure what the requirement is for a 15-yr old traveling outside the US, but what if you ran into a snag with the Mexican or Grand Cayman authorities while there? Just a thought.

Mary
Old 01-19-2013, 12:41 AM   #40
Mageemommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawhite424 View Post
Mikka, that would be great! Just let us know what you need from us!
Okay, If those who would like to participate would message me their disboard username, cabin number, the names and ages of those in your groups that are participating (or whatever you feel comfortable providing
Also you may want to include favorite disney characters and any allergies.
I will make a list and send to everyone.
Okay, here is where I need your input..
how far in advance should the deadline be to join (So I can the final list out to you all and we can start preparing)?
Are there any rules you all want to put in place?
I did see on another thread the group met briefly on the first night, so for the rest of the trip they had faces to place with the gifts received. Is this something you all would want to do?
Thanks SO much for working with me on this. I am all EARS!!
Mikka
Old 01-19-2013, 12:50 AM   #41
Mageemommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryleigh'smom2004 View Post
Yay! Have y'all looked at excursions yet?
I haven't booked any yet, but I talking to the kids about what they would like to go. We are all so undecided in this house! I really want to the stingrays in grand cayman but my son says NO WAY! I don't think he understands just how cool it will be.
keep ya posted,
Mikka
Old 01-20-2013, 01:06 AM   #42
mkymselover
Earning My Ears

First time cruising

Hi Y'all....we are super excited for this upcoming cruise! We are first time cruisers and have no idea what to expect. We are from Arizona and it will be me Amy(36) my husband Greg(45) DD(6), DD(4) and DS(2). I stumbled across the FE and I am not quite sure how it works but it sounded kind of fun. Could someone please fill me in on what this entails. Thanks so much!
mkymselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #43
okstategrads
Earning My Ears

Disney Magic April 6 from Galveston

My family just booked our 6 night WC cruise out of Galveston for April 6,3013!! It's our first Disney cruise. We're taking our 2 kids ( ages 7 and 8).. I look forward towering some of y'all!! Is anyone doing the Fish Extender?

Thanks, Kim
okstategrads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:43 PM   #44
Mageemommy
Mouseketeer

Kim,
I am facilitating our groups FE, so I will quote my earlier post about what I need. I very excited you want to participate!!
This is my first time to be a part of a FE much less organize one, so I take any feedback or tips. Can't wait to meet you all!

Quote:
Okay, If those who would like to participate would message me their disboard username, cabin number, the names and ages of those in your groups that are participating (or whatever you feel comfortable providing
Also you may want to include favorite disney characters and any allergies.
I will make a list and send to everyone.
Okay, here is where I need your input..
how far in advance should the deadline be to join (So I can the final list out to you all and we can start preparing)?
Are there any rules you all want to put in place?
I did see on another thread the group met briefly on the first night, so for the rest of the trip they had faces to place with the gifts received. Is this something you all would want to do?
Thanks SO much for working with me on this. I am all EARS!!
Mikka
Old 01-20-2013, 07:52 PM   #45
Mageemommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkymselover View Post
Hi Y'all....we are super excited for this upcoming cruise! We are first time cruisers and have no idea what to expect. We are from Arizona and it will be me Amy(36) my husband Greg(45) DD(6), DD(4) and DS(2). I stumbled across the FE and I am not quite sure how it works but it sounded kind of fun. Could someone please fill me in on what this entails. Thanks so much!
Hi! This is my first time participating in the FE! But I am going to be the organizer of our trip! Yay! I just actually found out about them from the disboards and googling it. You will get some really good links. If you message me the detail I posted above, I can put you on the list.

I will try and find you a good link on FE and post it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: