Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 09:18 AM   #1
cincyfab
Earning My Ears

Priceline bidding or value disney resort?

If you had three choices for booking a hotel which would you choose and why?! Me and DH disagree so I need some more opinions!

1. stay onsite at disney value resort (whichever is cheapest)

2. bid on priceline for a resort in the Lake Buena Vista region (hotels included are the Disney Dolphin, Disney Swan, Hilton Bonnet Creek, Hilton in Walt Disneyworld, Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, Marriott World Center and Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek

3. bid on priceline for a resort in the Disney Maingate category (hotels included are the omni at champions gate and gaylord palms)
cincyfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:38 AM   #2
kiki02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyfab View Post
If you had three choices for booking a hotel which would you choose and why?! Me and DH disagree so I need some more opinions!

1. stay onsite at disney value resort (whichever is cheapest)

2. bid on priceline for a resort in the Lake Buena Vista region (hotels included are the Disney Dolphin, Disney Swan, Hilton Bonnet Creek, Hilton in Walt Disneyworld, Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, Marriott World Center and Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek

3. bid on priceline for a resort in the Disney Maingate category (hotels included are the omni at champions gate and gaylord palms)

Did you ever get the Swan through Priceline? WOW!
kiki02 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 09:00 PM   #3
sweetdana
DIS Veteran

Depends on how many people. I would go with a value if 2 or 2.5 (little one). No car needed and it is perfect. More the 2.5 in a room I'd go directly to a moderate, s/d, rent dvc, or bonnet creek and not end up stuck with something from Priceline.

sweetdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:05 AM   #4
manhattanman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki02 View Post
Did you ever get the Swan through Priceline? WOW!
There was a time when the swan and dolphin did come up on price line, but unless something has changed, they have not participated for years.
manhattanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:32 AM   #5
Kay1
Check out Ricki's hidden Mickey!
The only tricky part is judging when the actual boiling begins

For me, it depends on who's going. With just my son and I, I prefer a Value because I like to use Disney's buses. With my husband along we've done offsite as he prefers to drive. We like Hotwire to make sure there are two queen beds.

Have fun.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:46 PM   #6
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

I've done both. Two people. Plan on spending the entire time on Disney property. Go with the value and skip a rental car.

Plan on spending time at your resort. Plan on doing some non-Disney stuff. Universal. Shopping. Planning on renting a car either way. Use PL to upgrade your hotel. The resorts have resort fees and parking fees. That may push your total cost to around $150 or so.

You won't get stuck with something if you bid for a resort in the zones mentioned by the OP. All the hotels are good.

edited to add: The key question is if you'll have a car.

Last edited by Lewisc; 01-18-2013 at 01:03 PM.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #7
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

I have tried to bid on resorts in the LBV area through priceline and didn't get anything for the price I was willing to pay - when I hit my max I stopped bidding and booked something else. So I might decide what you were willing to spend - go for it and if you didn't get it - go for a value resort then. At least you will know you tried but at a certain price point it becomes more appealing to take a value resort on property.

* 1984 DL * 1986 WDW * 1994 Euro Disney * 1996 WDW * 2009 WDW POR * March 2010 DLRP Santa Fe * June 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * November 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * February 2011 DLRP Dream Castle * May 2011 WDW Sheraton Vistana / Hilton Bonnet Creek * September 2011 WDW Night of Joy Hilton DTD * March 2012 WDW Pop * April 2012 WDW AKL * May 2012 WDW SSR *
POR 2009 Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ching+t+shirts
DLRP Trip Reports
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2419270
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2476348
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....rd+trip+report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....le+trip+report
ExpatDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote