Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 03:04 PM   #1891
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Janet B- I thought you would appreciate the marching band post. Our band director was also interviewed for one of the other sites he frequents
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 01-18-2013, 03:08 PM   #1892
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up

LOVE the Pic you could pass as twins!!!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 03:10 PM   #1893
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Hi Janet! I am home today on my day off -- I could just cry I feel all gloomy, it's been two weeks today since my interview, and no news yet I'm losing hope. I don't know why I feel so sad -- actually -- I think I do know, I just wanted the choice, you know?? The choice to say yes or no. My DS 16 was so sweet last night when I teared up talking about it after work with my DH -- he hugged me big and tight like a bear, kissed me on the cheek and said "you'll get it Mom, you have all the qualifications there's no reason they shouldn't offer it to you" -- I love my boy, the faith they have in you! Wish I could bottle it up for any time I'm feeling blue

I'm still dreaming of Disneyland -- but that takes money, and I was hoping for the extra income from the new job. He (DS) wants me to take him and his BF to DL next Feb over teachers convention (it would be Feb 2-8 or there abouts)

He also wants a grad trip to WDW with his GF Jan / or Feb 2015 -- I'd love to do both, but it'll only happen with extra income .

Boy I wish HR didn't keep people hanging when it came to selection process!

Thanks so much for all the support! Hope I'll hear positive news soon
Marie, but no news may be still okay, right?? I mean you haven't heard the job went to someone else, right?? And I get you on the choice factor, it's nice to be the one in the driver's seat. All things happen for a reason, like I said before *if* this doesn't work out, it only means there is something better down the road for you, that you wouldn't be able to jump on if you were in the other position. I really believe that.

You DS sounds like a sweetie!! Keep thinking positive and know that it can happen!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I'm only a little over 850 miles away - I'll see you in about 14 hours. At least you're not lodgeless. Your home away from home is the best - WDW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Breakfast???
I can get there in 2/ 1/2 hours... pick me up?? And Breakfast??? I was thinking HDDR!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 01-18-2013, 03:38 PM   #1894
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Marie, but no news may be still okay, right?? I mean you haven't heard the job went to someone else, right?? And I get you on the choice factor, it's nice to be the one in the driver's seat. All things happen for a reason, like I said before *if* this doesn't work out, it only means there is something better down the road for you, that you wouldn't be able to jump on if you were in the other position. I really believe that.

You DS sounds like a sweetie!! Keep thinking positive and know that it can happen!!

I can get there in 2/ 1/2 hours... pick me up?? And Breakfast??? I was thinking HDDR!!
I've got my rental car just let me know when!
Old 01-18-2013, 03:51 PM   #1895
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Why did I think Linda was back home?! I should have known better... welcome back to posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Missout, Glad your hubby is back. We are due for some cold, cold weather in a couple of days, think you are too. Oh, well, winter had to come sometime.

Iheart and Missout, You two are lovely RCers. Great photo!
Bundle up, my friend. 18 high for Monday here, or so they claim. Have you had snow? I'm tapping my foot for ours. Might just have to break down and order some from Amazon.

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Miss & Iheart … LOVE the picture… of two lovely ladies!

Miss, did you come up with a plan for your DH’s birthday??
Thank you!

I'm running into Jen's issue... every place I look at is almost as or more expensive than Disney. All roads are leading to WDW at the moment. I was just pricing out a resort in Charleston and about fell off my chair when I saw the nightly rates.

Quote:
My DS 16 was so sweet last night when I teared up talking about it after work with my DH -- he hugged me big and tight like a bear, kissed me on the cheek and said "you'll get it Mom, you have all the qualifications there's no reason they shouldn't offer it to you" -- I love my boy, the faith they have in you! Wish I could bottle it up for any time I'm feeling blue
Pullin' for ya, Marie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
I thought of you when I read that the other day. I had just made our lunch res for July 1. I guess my 15 year old will be having the bread service, a coke and dessert . Although at T'giving he said he liked the one at LLT better.
I know! I saw the price increases too. Ohhh MY. Maybe, if we do ever go back, we'll follow your lead -- it'll just be for bread and dessert (but adding in some soup and beer). Hmmm, LTT, eh? That's one we haven't tried yet. I saw pics of that burger and I regret cancelling our ressie last Sept. Definitely going to have to give it a go next trip.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #1896
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Janet B- I thought you would appreciate the marching band post. Our band director was also interviewed for one of the other sites he frequents
The pictures look great!!

Quote:
LOVE the Pic you could pass as twins!!!
Thanks Marie!! Linda is the best!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I've got my rental car just let me know when!
IF only!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
I'm running into Jen's issue... every place I look at is almost as or more expensive than Disney. All roads are leading to WDW at the moment. I was just pricing out a resort in Charleston and about fell off my chair when I saw the nightly rates.
Miss, what about Historic Savannah?? We loved it!! We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn on Bay street. There is a free transportation System, great restaurants, and the Savannah Playhouse. October is a busy time in Savannah.... it is the most haunted City in the US, you know!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 01-18-2013, 05:30 PM   #1897
pas130
DIS Veteran

Ticker change

Have a great weekend

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 01-18-2013, 05:33 PM   #1898
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Ticker change

Have a great weekend
Wait! You changed resort and date????

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 01-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #1899
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ticker change

Have a great weekend
Ok I don't have a calendar .... what are the dates?
Old 01-18-2013, 05:36 PM   #1900
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1

Wait! You changed resort and date????
I really need to learn impulse control Spring is too soon...between fares and my tuition bills. I really wanted to hit f& g...this will be better for the kiddos. Longer trip too.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:37 PM   #1901
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ticker change

Have a great weekend
Counting on my fingers is that the beginning of August?
Old 01-18-2013, 05:38 PM   #1902
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Jeanette: I am so confused!!

JanetB: long time no see! So glad you are back

Linda: sorry I thought you were back too, not sure why either.... but sure nice to hear from you too!

Miss: I am not sure about the new Le Cellier menu either, but it does have the delicious mushroom filet still....Yummo!

Marie: aww don't be sad, maybe you will still hear something? If not, be proud of yourself for applying. So nice to hear your DS is so supportive and loves his mom so much.

Hi Ginny! Yes my DH can be quite the comedian. But sadly the whole beagle debacle ended so badly that I can't even talk about it. Bottom line....no dog.

Love you all

Jen
Old 01-18-2013, 05:42 PM   #1903
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma

Ok I don't have a calendar .... what are the dates?
Quote:

Counting on my fingers is that the beginning of August?
LOL Aug 4 to 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3
Jeanette: I am so confused!!

JanetB: long time no see! So glad you are back

Linda: sorry I thought you were back too, not sure why either.... but sure nice to hear from you too!

Miss: I am not sure about the new Le Cellier menu either, but it does have the delicious mushroom filet still....Yummo!

Marie: aww don't be sad, maybe you will still hear something? If not, be proud of yourself for applying. So nice to hear your DS is so supportive and loves his mom so much.

Hi Ginny! Yes my DH can be quite the comedian. But sadly the whole beagle debacle ended so badly that I can't even talk about it. Bottom line....no dog.

Love you all

Jen
Sorry about the dog Jen

Old 01-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #1904
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
LOL Aug 4 to 10

Sorry about the dog Jen
Hmmmmmmmm ...... those are some of the dates Janet might be thinking about .........
Old 01-18-2013, 05:51 PM   #1905
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hmmmmmmmm ...... those are some of the dates Janet might be thinking about .........
I know she told me. Crazy..I found out AFTER I called..haha

Dani will be there too!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: