Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 10:37 AM   #616
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I remember our son pulled one of those messy diapers just as we had gotten on the Universe of Energy. Trust me...his was NOT a 2 out of 5, but closer to a 3.5; it was a long ride. I'd say it's a good thing you didn't get stuck on It's a Small Boat to China or it could have been worse.

You get SUPER DADDY in my book managing to get up to the front of the park and back to your parade spot with minutes to spare to make your children happy.

Great parade and fireworks pictures.

Noelle is so cute sleeping (well, she's cute all the time, but she looks just so innocent while sleeping).
Old 01-17-2013, 11:10 AM   #617
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I remember our son pulled one of those messy diapers just as we had gotten on the Universe of Energy. Trust me...his was NOT a 2 out of 5, but closer to a 3.5; it was a long ride. I'd say it's a good thing you didn't get stuck on It's a Small Boat to China or it could have been worse.

You get SUPER DADDY in my book managing to get up to the front of the park and back to your parade spot with minutes to spare to make your children happy.

Great parade and fireworks pictures.

Noelle is so cute sleeping (well, she's cute all the time, but she looks just so innocent while sleeping).
good thing about her is she usually keeps her halo of it pretty close to the source sometimes you dont even know she goes.

ill accept your super daddy this time, just wait till i am up for the award the next day

thanks i think she is pretty darn cute as well

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #618
jenny105
DIS Veteran

The stinkiest cruise that ever sailed. At least it's a short ride!

Nice mad dash skills to beat the parade!

The fireworks pictures turned out really well. I love Wishes.

It definitely was more crowded than I'm used to for that time of year! Is there such a thing as low crowds at DW anymore?

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 01-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #619
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Impressive! Nice job on beating the parade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
Once back with the family i could not resist i glanced over at the dad next to us and gave the yeah thats right, i crushed it look.

something like that, but im sure glenn has a few better smiles for the occasion.
Dang, the one I picked out doesn't work anymore. Darned smiley owner/creators who delete their smileys without consulting me.

I think we're looking for something between this and this

Your fireworks pictures turned out really well too.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:47 PM   #620
katt789
DIS Veteran

Another fantastic ending to a day! I have to say Cosmic Rays is one of my favorite places to eat, there's so many options!! Something for everyone! Yay!

Love the hugging photos, so cute!!

Nice job with the parade! I'm impressed!! It definitely takes some weaving around people (and easier to do on your own) to get through crowds at Disney, I'm definitely the designated fast pass runner because of it. Good job on getting the light up toys in time!

How awesome that the busses were so efficient, I definitely noticed that AoA busses were a little bit better than the Pop busses have been in the past, they seemed to be prepared for that!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 01-17-2013, 03:47 PM   #621
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
The stinkiest cruise that ever sailed. At least it's a short ride!

Nice mad dash skills to beat the parade!

The fireworks pictures turned out really well. I love Wishes.

It definitely was more crowded than I'm used to for that time of year! Is there such a thing as low crowds at DW anymore?
that is a appropriate title for that cruise.

well i think the fall is off the radar for low time, although i saw alot of pictures from october around the second week and they seemed to be pretty low again. so might just have to push the trips back a few more weeks to hit those up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Impressive! Nice job on beating the parade.

Dang, the one I picked out doesn't work anymore. Darned smiley owner/creators who delete their smileys without consulting me.

I think we're looking for something between this and this

Your fireworks pictures turned out really well too.
thanks glenn.

yep i like the middle ground of those smileys...well done glenn. i figured you could come up with something.

i was happy with the firework pics but not thrilled guess we need to work on those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Another fantastic ending to a day! I have to say Cosmic Rays is one of my favorite places to eat, there's so many options!! Something for everyone! Yay!

Love the hugging photos, so cute!!

Nice job with the parade! I'm impressed!! It definitely takes some weaving around people (and easier to do on your own) to get through crowds at Disney, I'm definitely the designated fast pass runner because of it. Good job on getting the light up toys in time!

How awesome that the busses were so efficient, I definitely noticed that AoA busses were a little bit better than the Pop busses have been in the past, they seemed to be prepared for that!
i love cosmic rays a few years ago they were one of the only places left that still had the hot cheese on the topping bars, now that is coming back at more of them.

it does make you hone your skills weaving through those crowds and you cant have tunnel vision have to see the bigger picture.

waiting in long lines at the end of the day i did notice there were more buses for AoA than others, wonder if having all sections opened when we went helped with that, didnt want quests to have bad experiences with the resort via bus routes right away.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 01-17-2013, 07:24 PM   #622
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

The kids hugging picture is just so precious! Remember that moment when they get older and fight!

Wow, you made it back fast! Awesome job!

I've never seen a Mears bus doing that before!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:51 AM   #623
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
The kids hugging picture is just so precious! Remember that moment when they get older and fight!

Wow, you made it back fast! Awesome job!

I've never seen a Mears bus doing that before!
i plan to put them all in an album for them and when they are fighting with each other for punishment they have to sit hold hands and look through it together. seems good to me.

i have never even seen a regular ME bus before pick up people so it was really different thats for sure.

Blessed by the Best
Old 01-18-2013, 10:57 AM   #624
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
None other than everyones favorite, the happiest little cruise that ever sailed.

and also this point that we "smell" what the hug and standing was all about.
Obviously Noelle was simply giving you an accurate assessment of the ride.

Quote:
The lady who is making it has to stop ringing people up and make a new batch,

score one for us on a new batch,
score minus one for waiting for that batch to pop.

what was my hurry you may ask well i realized that the main reason we got that locker that morning was to stash away the kids light up toys for the night parade and not carry them around all day.
D'oh!

Quote:
5. take popcorn back to kids, you leave right away to get the toys, you make it back in time.
= kids love you, wife loves you, you win dad of the year award and they name something after you.
Let's see how this plays out.

Quote:
well, i take popcorn back, quickly to the kids, tell candi the situation with the toys, she says all nuts, gives me her version of option 1 saying the kids will forget, i tell her to look around at all the other kids with light up toys, parker over hears me say that and asks where his is at.
Use your inside voice, dad!

Quote:
a family next to us was listening in on the conversation and before i departed the dad gave me the look like "yeah right dude no way you are going to make that"

i took that as challenge accepted.
Nobody calls me chicken!

Quote:
I use candis PMS skills (people maneuvering skills)

It's amazing how well you can use unsuspecting people as a fullback.

Quote:
Once back with the family i could not resist i glanced over at the dad next to us and gave the yeah thats right, i crushed it look.

Quote:
on with the parade...i was pretty pleased with my pics with my new camera...no flash on any of them, just pulling in all light available to take these.
The pictures turned out great!

So, what did they name after you?
Old 01-18-2013, 04:52 PM   #625
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Obviously Noelle was simply giving you an accurate assessment of the ride.

D'oh!

Let's see how this plays out.

Use your inside voice, dad!

Nobody calls me chicken!

It's amazing how well you can use unsuspecting people as a fullback.

The pictures turned out great!

So, what did they name after you?
i like your break down of the scenario....i def. used my fair share of fullbacks on the way there and back, i like that wordage thanks.

thanks, i was pleased with the night pics as well, just have to perfect the craft fully now.

they sent me a mears bus to ride home in that night.

Blessed by the Best
Old 01-18-2013, 05:02 PM   #626
FauntleroyFAN07

Chapter 29. Water Park Teaser

Chapter 29. Water Park Teaser

I dont have time to do a full blown update on the water park so ill do a teaser right now.

Hey something is better than nothing right.

Friday the 28th of Sept. was a nice warm florida day and perfect for a water park day.

We Slept in and all were up by 7:15...thats good for us.

Breakfast was the Sampler for Candi, which had a little bit of everything, parker had the kids waffles which had a choice of matter and mqueen or the little mermaid, he chose mater and mcqueen. I had the make your own omlette with ham cheese, and little bit of peppers it was very good.

Hopped back to the room to get ready for the water park.

Parker was out the door first and ready to roll.

According to the time stamp took us 8 minutes to get to the busses.

And since i dont think i have shown the bus stations here yet, you can see for the most part they are fully covered so you will be out of the sun.

our bus arrived and we were making our destination with 20 minutes till park opening.

i have lots of pictures from this day to show the themeing for those that have never been.

we stuffed the locker full with our gear. and waited not as long as the BB day but still 5 minutes after the regular opening for the guards to get there positions.

it was to the crush and gusher first to ride...the kids and the other adult waited in the little splash pull and played around while we took turns each going down once.

then it was over to the kids splash area for a while via the lazy river. the kids were having a ball in the splash area so i went back really quick with parker to get the camera

he wanted to stop and get a picture in front of the wave pool

zoomed in a little more to see the wave pool

and what the paths look like in TL. very tropical.

thats all i have time for now, but still have about 40 more pics of this day in TL...so will share more in the continuation of the water park day.

have a great weekend everyone.

Blessed by the Best
Old 01-18-2013, 05:06 PM   #627
FancyNancy
Princess

I'm all caught up with your report. I seriously neglected the Dis over the holidays!

Old 01-18-2013, 05:10 PM   #628
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Nice little teaser for Typhoon Lagoon. The kids look so cute in their "water park clothes and hats."

Have a great weekend; can't wait to read more about the water park.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #629
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Thanks for mini update

Kids look cute in their gear

Can't wait to hear about your day

Old 01-18-2013, 06:35 PM   #630
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

ITA with the others, the kids are so cute in their waterpark gear!

Jill in CO

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: