Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #2551
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherb819

I know!!! I've been keeping an eye on them, we've considered switching but then DD would miss and entire two weeks of school instead of the last 3 days. That's what is keeping us from switching. We've always wanted to do PC and since we've already done EBTA, it's been a tough decision.
Does anybody know how much we can expect it to drop? I appreciate that may be like asking how long a piece of string is.....
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | July 2015 - Northern European Capitals on the Disney Magic

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Old 01-18-2013, 12:41 PM   #2552
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Hope all my other cruisers from the UK are safe and sound with all of this snow.

Birmingham/West Midlands has been shut down! All our local supermarkets have been closed and all buses stopped until the morning now. I just don't understand why we cannot cope with it!!!!
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | July 2015 - Northern European Capitals on the Disney Magic

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 12:50 PM   #2553
kyra's mommy
Mouseketeer

I've been looking into hotels for Barcelona. It's really hard to find something for a family of four. That said, I'm a deal hunter so I guess if I just booked what I wanted and paid whatever they were asking it would have been a breeze so far.

Figuring out how to get to the hotel from the cruise terminal is another thing too, and renting a car,...This is certainly not as easy as planning a trip to Disneyland. NOT COMPLAINING though, I'm so happy to have these problems.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:54 PM   #2554
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyra's mommy View Post
I've been looking into hotels for Barcelona. It's really hard to find something for a family of four. That said, I'm a deal hunter so I guess if I just booked what I wanted and paid whatever they were asking it would have been a breeze so far.

Figuring out how to get to the hotel from the cruise terminal is another thing too, and renting a car,...This is certainly not as easy as planning a trip to Disneyland. NOT COMPLAINING though, I'm so happy to have these problems.
Yup, life is good!

Old 01-18-2013, 12:56 PM   #2555
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Just for kicks, here is a photo of the boys' first Halloween. My friend is hosting an Austin Powers party this weekend and we are resurrecting our costumes for it, so I looked up the pic.

The boys are seven months old. We shaved Jonah's head HAHAHA.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:02 PM   #2556
JenDen
Mouseketeer

Barcelona hotel

We are staying at the Hilton Barcelona, not to be confused with the hilton Disney is using (that hilton is sold out). It's a beautiful hotel.

I'll apologize ahead of time. How are folks getting to the port from a hotel (Hilton) by the airport. I'm able to stay at a Hilton property on points instead of paying for the Marriott.

Thanks for the help

JenDen
Old 01-18-2013, 01:15 PM   #2557
padalyn
Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't make this stuff up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenDen View Post
We are staying at the Hilton Barcelona, not to be confused with the hilton Disney is using (that hilton is sold out). It's a beautiful hotel.

I'll apologize ahead of time. How are folks getting to the port from a hotel (Hilton) by the airport. I'm able to stay at a Hilton property on points instead of paying for the Marriott.

Thanks for the help

JenDen
would help to have an address!! We am looking to ride share, but we are on Nou de la Rambla which is 2 blocks off Las Ramblas on the port side (think that is south, but my directions are all messed up today) We are looking at a vehicle that will easily handle 4 people. One person on FB is interested, but doesn't know where she is staying yet!

Cayla
9/12/14:.....14 day Eastbound Panama Canal (on the Wonder) (part 6)
Oct - our one year anniversary - the last of 7 trips to celebrate our first year together! (part 7)
2/8/15:.....B2B Magic Cruises - one to be cancelled (EBTA instead!!)
5/15/15:...EBTA northern itinerary
July 2015....Vero Beach for turtle watch!
Nov 2015.....family trip to WDW for Thanksgiving
Past trips: .. .. .. WDW: (no longer counting). . . . . . . . .DLR:5 . . . . . . . . . .DLP:2 . . . . . . . . .The rest? not planned yet!
. .Cruises.(27 with total nights: 191)[Fantasy x3; Dream x4; Magic x12; Wonder x9]. . ABD:Imperial Cities
.DVC member since 2001
Oct 12, 2013: our handfasting day!!!! The most important day of my life.
2012:My Grand Slam!.. .. .. .. 4 - 3 - 2 - 1....4 ships, 3 ports, 2 coasts, in 1 year!!
Old 01-18-2013, 01:25 PM   #2558
Grandma x3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padalyn View Post
would help to have an address!! We am looking to ride share, but we are on Nou de la Rambla which is 2 blocks off Las Ramblas on the port side (think that is south, but my directions are all messed up today) We are looking at a vehicle that will easily handle 4 people. One person on FB is interested, but doesn't know where she is staying yet!

Cayla
Which hotel did you book? I'm the same Chris as on Facebook!

Last edited by Grandma x3; 01-18-2013 at 01:42 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:36 PM   #2559
GoofyNewfie
Mouseketeer

A few people are talking about how to get to hotels from the port in Barcelona.

I'd mentioned quite a few posts back that at least one of the touring companies I was looking at will pick you up at the port, hold your bags during the tour and then take you to the hotel after.

With us docking at 7am, I'm guessing we need to start getting off by 9am or 10am? I didn't see any hotels that have check ins nearly that early (but, yes, many hotels will allow early check in for free) but many of them will hold bags.

My question is are there any comments about this? Am I forgetting something important? Should I push for getting to the hotel before taking a tour or does my plan seem viable? Anyone done it before?

Thanks.

(By the way, Roll call hit 70 today )
Old 01-18-2013, 02:39 PM   #2560
kyra's mommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyNewfie View Post
A few people are talking about how to get to hotels from the port in Barcelona.

I'd mentioned quite a few posts back that at least one of the touring companies I was looking at will pick you up at the port, hold your bags during the tour and then take you to the hotel after.

With us docking at 7am, I'm guessing we need to start getting off by 9am or 10am? I didn't see any hotels that have check ins nearly that early (but, yes, many hotels will allow early check in for free) but many of them will hold bags.

My question is are there any comments about this? Am I forgetting something important? Should I push for getting to the hotel before taking a tour or does my plan seem viable? Anyone done it before?

Thanks.

(By the way, Roll call hit 70 today )
I've never done this trip before so I have no idea what the "right" thing to do is but taking a tour from the port seems like an excellent idea to me.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:48 PM   #2561
mellers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenDen View Post

Thanks for the help

JenDen
My parents are flying into IAH, and staying at the airport Sheraton. They purchased transfers from IAH, and plan to head back to the airport the morning of the cruise to leave on the coach from there. The hotel offers a shuttle to and from the airport. If you have a big family, you might want to look for a different option, but there's only the two of them.

Old 01-18-2013, 03:05 PM   #2562
GoofyNewfie
Mouseketeer

I was just doing some scouting around. It's interesting to see levels of activities of the other meets threads around us. We're certainly much more active than the 7 day cruises before and after us. They're probably around 30 pages of posts but don't seem to be many people - for example, 12 people signed up for FEs. The 12 day Venice cruise has a close number of cruises - 50ish vs our 70 (yes, either count may be off because of people dropping out).

Just goes to show what a good time this cruise is going to be filled with so many Dis-ers.

While looking around, I found a thread talking about Barcelona hotels a few people were quoting on different threads.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2870617
Old 01-18-2013, 03:13 PM   #2563
rbw5t
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987 View Post
Does anybody know how much we can expect it to drop? I appreciate that may be like asking how long a piece of string is.....
So, this is our first Disney Cruise, and I'm new to all the pricing strategies. We're PIF of course at this point, but would love to save a little $ if possible. There is a penatly for any changes at this point right? So, a price drop would have to be more than the amount of the penalty to justify cancelling/rebooking. Is the penalty 10% (I read the rules online, and it said from between 119 and 56 days the penalty is the amt of the deposit, which for us was 10%). So, basically, the idea is to watch, and if prices go down by more than the amt of our deposit, we cancel and rebook, and otherwise we hold tight? Do I have all that right?

Thanks!!!
Old 01-18-2013, 03:35 PM   #2564
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyNewfie View Post
While looking around, I found a thread talking about Barcelona hotels a few people were quoting on different threads.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2870617
Here is a link to some pre-cruise hotels that were used for our WBTA if that helps anyone see some options. Then you can google or search that hotel name on DIS to see more feedback.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #2565
mikimous
Earning My Ears

We just starting booking our activities and I noticed on the DCL site, they have added some tour options in Barcelona. So, if you haven't looked at the Port Adventures section recently... take a look now. They specifically have tours that finish with a drop at the airport or the hotel. Bookings will be available on ship... not online.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: