Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 05:56 AM   #1
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup

MK/Epcot Photoshoot Questions.....HELP?!?!?!?

Okay so we got married at Disney on 12/8/12, and because of the blackouts we were not able to do a MK park photoshoot. So... if we want it we are having to go back. From the beginning we had been planning for the 2 park MK/Epcot shoot....but since then our estimate (because hubby likes to budget everything) has gone to $3900 in order to get my bouquet re-done, get my hair and make up re-done, Im getting my dress cleaned because she got sooooooooo dirty, get Jeff a tux again (or he might just wear a black suit), get one night at a moderate resort, the photoshoot, and gas and food. We just cant spend that much on a 2 hour photoshoot at 2 parks. We looked at the numbers and we are able to do a MK/Epcot shoot with a night at Port Orleans Riverside, but we would have to cut out my bouquet - so no flowers, and cut out my hair - so I would have to do hair and make up on my own...

My questions are....

Do I really need a bouquet for the shoot? If you had one and wished you didnt or didnt have one and wished you did... could you explain why? Im just nervious about what to do with my hands in every shot?

Do I need to worry about not getting hair and make up done professionally? Im not great on make up on myself - I mean I can do it, but its not wow great as I dont wear a lot of make up every day. I used to be a hair stylist - so I think I could manage that... plus I will have a veil on to help cover any boby pins showing. But since we have to be ready at 6:00 am to be picked up, and I have a huge fear of running late, I would probably get up and get ready about 2:00 am....

Does Jeff need to wear a tux or is a black suit fine?

HELP?!?!?!?!? Im so confused... Do we even really need that shoot? I mean I know we had planned it and I would LOVE pics in front of the castle in my wedding dress....

I know some people have not been thrilled with their photographers, but since we are planning this like 2 weeks out, we can find out what photographers are available as of now, of course Disney says no guarantees I know. Since we are only like 2 hours away we can work with days.

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco - Planning Journal and Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!! Didn't finish...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
Disney Trips: AP - for as long as I can remember - AKL 8/2011, GF 12/2012 & AKL 12/2012, CBR 9/2013 & GF 12/2013, CBR 8/2014 & GF 12/2014
2012DisneyWorldBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:12 AM   #2
bradleyjess
Mouseketeer

If you really have your heart set on the shoot, can you just do it in regular clothes? Or do you really want your dress?

My thought process is: you already have a ton of pics in bridal clothing, so why not save some money and have the shoot like an engagement style shoot!

My resort history: BoardWalk Villas, Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo and Kidani, Saratoga Springs, Port Orleans Riverside, WDW Dolphin, Yacht Club, Contemporary and Coronado Springs.
bradleyjess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 06:40 AM   #3
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup

We thought about that, but I've already paid for my dress to be cleaned and they didn't preserve it...so I have my dress ready to go. Plus I just have my heart set on pics with my wedding dress in front of the castle.

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco - Planning Journal and Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!! Didn't finish...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
Disney Trips: AP - for as long as I can remember - AKL 8/2011, GF 12/2012 & AKL 12/2012, CBR 9/2013 & GF 12/2013, CBR 8/2014 & GF 12/2014
2012DisneyWorldBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #4
tellemarie
Mousejunkie!

I am having a similar issue...I was all set for the MK/EPCOT bridal portraits and was planning on using my refund for the cost (we'll be getting married next year so I'll be saving it for a while!) but now that it looks like I'll be able to cover that price plus have a little left over I'm suddenly questioning if I SHOULD do it or if I should just go ahead and do an in-park honeymoon shoot with Disney photo. I'm worried about feeling like I've missed out on an experience to do something really amazing in the parks (basically by ourselves ) but the cost is something I could put towards getting some really amazing prints or a gallery wrap of an awesome photo.

I wish I was more help but I'll be stalking this thread for (hopefully) some help in deciding!

Recent trips:
August 2009 - Old Key West @ WDW; January 2011 - POP @ WDW; November 2011 - Offsite @ WDW; February 2012 - POFQ/AKL Jambo; October 2012 - POR. January 2013 - AKL Jambo.
DVC Member since 2012 @ SS & VGF

tellemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:35 AM   #5
tashka87
Mouseketeer

Hi!

I honestly don't think you need flowers. It will give you more freedom to do more unique shots: holding your hands, doing little dance, running down the stairs and loosing slipper. Think about: two hands is better than one) and you already have formal pictures, so do smth more personal.

I am also doing MK shoot after wedding (two days after) and I don't plan to keep bouquet or even wear a veil. I want more enchanted pictures than wedding- but that's my preference.

Regarding hair and makeup: it's winter and it will be dark most likely, so makeup won't be seen that much due to flash. And I am sure you will do your hair very nicely.

Tux/suit- I honestly can't tell the difference
Old 01-18-2013, 12:30 PM   #6
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

I say forego the flowers. And black suit or even khaki suit is fine...

The only think I would try to budget for is hair and makeup...

I've had pics taken with professional hair and makeup done and not....and I am so much happier with the professional hair and makeup shots.

I actually had the wrong bouquet for our MK/Epcot shoot, and I'd rather have had no flowers than what I had in the pics...

The flowers are really more prop than anything...most important are you and DH.

May 2014 (BLT), Dec 2013 (BLT/AKL), Sept/Oct '12 (AKV/DCL), Jan '11 (AKL),Sept/Oct '10 (AKL/BLT/DCL/BWV), Sept '09 (BLT), April/May '09 (BW/AKL), Sept/Oct 08 (POP/AKL), Nov 03 (ASMovies/AKL), Nov 01 (CBR), Nov 97 (Disney Village Resort), '87 (off property), '77 (CR)
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #7
carolwoodpacific
Earning My Ears

I don't think you need flowers either. I've seen some very cute pictures of couples at MK and EC without flowers.

As you will only be there for one night, what about staying at a value hotel? Disney is running room-only discounts through spring so you may be able to save enough money with room choice to cover hair. (I do love the Port Orleans resorts, so this is just a thought to save money.)
Old 01-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #8
princesswendy720
DIS Veteran

I'm struggling with this too. We got married 11/4 and were supposed to fly back down next weekend for the shoot. Then we bought a house after we got married so we are now waiting to close. I booked the flights with miles so moved them to May and we'll be going back down for 6 days before our APs expire. I know this basically means we will not be able to go to Disney for our anniversary. I'm going to have my bouquet recreated in silks by an etsy seller (it is cheaper than a real bouquet or silk bouquet from Disney). Greg is wearing a grey suit he already owns. I will be splurging on hair and makeup because I know I won't like the pictures if I don't. I'm waiting for AP discounts to come out to book out hotel.

Upcoming Trips: WDW October 2011, May 2012 and November 2012 ; Disneyland May 2013
PJ Blog Etsy shop
princesswendy720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:38 PM   #9
asunnysideup
Mouseketeer

I think this would be a fun chance to wear your dress but with more of a loose, natural feel - without worrying about an intricate updo or whatever, more relaxed! Just my opinion though, I'm sure whatever you go with will be fantastic.
asunnysideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:05 PM   #10
mariapicardikenyon
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellemarie
I am having a similar issue...I was all set for the MK/EPCOT bridal portraits and was planning on using my refund for the cost (we'll be getting married next year so I'll be saving it for a while!) but now that it looks like I'll be able to cover that price plus have a little left over I'm suddenly questioning if I SHOULD do it or if I should just go ahead and do an in-park honeymoon shoot with Disney photo. I'm worried about feeling like I've missed out on an experience to do something really amazing in the parks (basically by ourselves ) but the cost is something I could put towards getting some really amazing prints or a gallery wrap of an awesome photo.

I wish I was more help but I'll be stalking this thread for (hopefully) some help in deciding!
Hi. I've been debating this with my daughter and I'm firmly in the "do it" court. This is something most only dream of so go for it.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:26 PM   #11
DixieBelle
A Pirate at heart! Go ECU!

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!
There is a time window that will close on you. Eventually this will be an option you can no longer choose. Obviously, you really want to do this. If the money is available, go for it. Personally, I would choose pro hair and makeup. Good Luck!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: