Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 12:35 AM   #1
troof
Earning My Ears

best places for drinking and dancing?

This will be our first family trip to Disney and my mom will be there to watch our girls for part of the trip. If husband and I aren't too exhausted, I want to go out! Any suggestions on where we should go to drink and hopefully dance? I have read that the Atlantic Dance Hall is almost always empty. Is there anything in downtown Disney? At the resorts? I'd prefer a DJ (anything but country), but live music will do. If dancing isn't an option, where is the best area to bar hop without advance plans? Thanks!
troof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:53 AM   #2
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Atlantic City Dance Hall is your best place for dancing; especially since the old Pleasure Island clubs are all gone. Jellyrolls at the boardwalk is a good place to drink (though $12 cover) while listening to the dueling pianos. Though, to get a table in there, must arrive by 8 PM. If that does not interest you, in my opinion the best lounges are the Tambu Lounge at the Polynesian and the Territory Lounge at Wilderness Lodge. You might want to consider going to World Showcase in Epcot for some drinks. Those would be my suggestions.

OUR 2013 DISNEYMOON TRIP REPORT
disnmooner2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 02:33 PM   #3
Alyssa88
I love it! Bad football team, good academics
I thought you were here. :)

When I went in 2009, we spent a few nights at City Walk at Universal.

It's a pain to leave property but so worth it. I think is was like $30-$40 for both of us to take the MEARS van there. Then, like $15 for an all access club pass, so we tried various clubs, most of which I have little memory of, lol. We loved Bob Marley's Tribute to Freedom. There was another one that had a special on shots that I loved, but yeah, cheap shots, so I forget the name. They also sell drinks on the street, and you could buy a refillable cup, which I kept full (coconut margaritas were really good). We love to dance, and we got plenty in those nights. I never went to Pleasure Island as a legal drinker, but I imagine it was similar.
January of 2007-Port Orleans Riverside with family. Got to celebrate my 19th birthday!
June of 2009-POP CENTURY with the best friend to celebrate our College graduation!! 21
April 2013- Art of Animation (NEMO) to introduce my niece to WDW

Last edited by Alyssa88; 01-15-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Alyssa88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:01 AM   #4
travelin' tigger

I've finally met Tigger and I'm doin' the "Super Duper Alley Ooper Loop-de-Looper Bounce"!

Jellyrolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by troof View Post
If dancing isn't an option, where is the best area to bar hop without advance plans? Thanks!
I'd definitely check out Jellyrolls! Although there's no dancing, it's an all-request dueling piano bar that's alot of fun and a must for me every trip - whether I'm solo or with friends!! Check it out!!

Enjoy!!!

2014: BWV Mar • GFV/BLT Jul ~ 2013: BWV Mar • BWV Jul • OKW Nov ~ 2012: BWV Feb • BCV Aug • OKW Nov ~ 2011: OKW May • AKV Jan ~ 2010: OKW Nov • HR/BCV Aug • ASMu/BCV May • AKV Jan ~ 2009: BWV Dec • OKW Oct • ASMu Sep • Pop July • BWV May • Pop Feb ~ 2008: OKW Nov • BCV Aug • BWV Jun/Jul • BWV Mar ~ 2007: BWV Dec • ASSp/BWV Nov • ASSp/BWV Sep • ASMu May•BWV Mar ~ 2006: BWV Dec • Dolphin Sep/BWV Oct • ASMu Aug • Pop/BCV May • Dolphin/BWV Jan ~ 2005: Swan/HR/OKW Dec • ASMo Sep/BWV Oct • Pop Feb ~ 2004: Swan/RPR Dec • Pop/WL Oct • Safari May • Pop Jan ~ 2003: Dolphin/RPR Nov/Dec • CSR Jun • CBR Jan ~ 2002: POFQ/ASMu Dec • ASSp Jun • ASMu Feb ~ 2001: ASMu Nov

travelin' tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:48 AM   #5
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

Dancing I don't do ... unless you consider the white man overbite. But, drinking tends to be a favorite WDW pastime for me. For fun watering holes I'd look towards:

DAYTIME:
- Tune-In Lounge (Hollywood Studios): Very small bar at the Prime-Time, but great bartenders, and a fun place to grab some food and drinks. Love the onion rings

-Cava del Tequlia (Mexico/World Showcase): Best margarita on site, and nice place to sit back and relax

-Tutto Gusto (Italy/World Showcase): Similar to La Cava, but focused on Italian wines. Can be pretty pricey, but they have excellent wines, meats, and cheeses

- Hole in The Wall (Raglan Road/Downtown Disney): Great to sit outside and people watch in DTD

NIGHTIME:
- Jelly Rolls (Boardwalk): Probably the only place left for decent nightime entertainment in WDW.

- Raglan Road (Downtown Disney): Nice bar area that can get a bit crowded. Really good food, and they have live Irish music and dancers most nights

- Tambu Lounge (Poly): Can get very crowded at night with people waiting for Ohana and Kona, but it's fun grabbing a drink to go (Lapu Lapu recommended) and then walk out on the Poly beach to catch the fireworks at night

Haven't tried Splitsville yet, but that may be a new viable option for night entertainment. Never tried Atlantic City Dance Hall either, but dancing is not my thing. I have seen some nights where it did look to have a large crowd though

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:23 PM   #6
DisneyFF1124
Mouseketeer

I've hear that Rix lounge at Coranado Springs is a nice modern lounge to grab drinks at.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

DisneyFF1124 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bars, clubs, dancing

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: