Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 12:04 AM   #61
LargoLori
DIS Veteran

Josie should have gone home a long time ago..

LargoLori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:40 AM   #62
novajeanjellybean
One day my prince will come........

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargoLori
Agreed
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 06:09 AM   #63
antmaril
DIS Veteran
The elephant topiaries near MK have a special meaning for me
I'm a girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargoLori View Post
Totally agree. I was so sorry to see Kristen go home. It was not her time -- it was Josie's!!!
antmaril is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:12 AM   #64
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pea-n-Me View Post
Kristen was my favorite.
Mine too! From the editing it looked like she would have stayed if she had stuck up for herself instead of biting her tongue. "I take full responsibility, I was in charge, blah, blah, blah." Doesn't she WATCH the show?!? That never has a good ending. I wonder if she even told them that Josie dragged her feet on starting the stock, didn't finish the stock in time for the preparation she had in mind or that Josie didn't even TEST the adapted stock in the canister before the first item went out. It was as if Josie screwed up on purpose to get rid of Kristen. The other chefs looked completely and utterly shocked.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:34 AM   #65
BuzznBelle'smom
There are tomato-ey paw prints all around the stove
I've never had it burn, and I do this regularly

I was disappointed that Lizzie and Brooke didn't speak up for Kristin. They knew about all the problems in the kitchen, and they knew that they were safe.

I'm completely fed up with Josie being second-to-last, week after week. Her skills certainly don't match her ego.
BuzznBelle'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:34 AM   #66
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

I can't figure out why the other two girls never said anything about Josie either. Maybe they were just happy the heat was off of them and figured they'd keep it that way by staying mum?
Old 01-18-2013, 07:46 AM   #67
jen0610
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
I can't figure out why the other two girls never said anything about Josie either. Maybe they were just happy the heat was off of them and figured they'd keep it that way by staying mum?
I take it as, damned if they do and damned if they don't.

They speak up and the judges send Josie home, all is good.

BUT, if they speak up and the judges don't send her home, then they have targets on their back for whatever underhandedness Josie wants to dish out to them.

I haven't been able to bring myself to watch the episode, just because of what I had seen, just screamed at me that Kristin was going to get screwed over by the waste of space Josie.

All I can say, is THANK YOU to ever came up with LCK. If ever there was a chef who needed it more, it was Kristin.
jen0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:01 AM   #68
lynxstch
Love that Figment!
Turkey, Clay, and my favorite all time christmas song..all on the same day..it doesn't get any better!
Learned the hard way not to store meltables in the oven

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen0610 View Post
I take it as, damned if they do and damned if they don't.

They speak up and the judges send Josie home, all is good.

BUT, if they speak up and the judges don't send her home, then they have targets on their back for whatever underhandedness Josie wants to dish out to them.

I haven't been able to bring myself to watch the episode, just because of what I had seen, just screamed at me that Kristin was going to get screwed over by the waste of space Josie.

All I can say, is THANK YOU to ever came up with LCK. If ever there was a chef who needed it more, it was Kristin.
I second this ! This was the first episode of LCK I watched all season, just to see if Kristen got redemption. I was glad I did!
Old 01-18-2013, 10:38 AM   #69
anniemae
Either she is eating a delicious meal, or she keeled over in starvation

I was also sorry to see such an incredibly talent chef leave so soon. I thought for sure she would make it to final three, if not win completely. She has been winning everything since the show started. But, I guess the show is not cumulative, you are judged on each challenge, not all the past challenges. It just seemed strange to have Josie stay when Kristen seems soooooooo much more talented in the kitchen.

On another note, I'm glad Stephan stayed, I just love him!
anniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #70
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

I don't believe for a second that the producers didn't have a hand in the elimination. Keeping Josie (the clear weaker chef) around creates drama...which makes for "good tv".
Old 01-18-2013, 10:59 AM   #71
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniemae View Post
I was also sorry to see such an incredibly talent chef leave so soon. I thought for sure she would make it to final three, if not win completely. She has been winning everything since the show started. But, I guess the show is not cumulative, you are judged on each challenge, not all the past challenges. It just seemed strange to have Josie stay when Kristen seems soooooooo much more talented in the kitchen.

On another note, I'm glad Stephan stayed, I just love him!
Padma was on "Watch What Happens Live!" after the show and said they talked to Kristen on the show live: http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-ha...p-chef-shocker . She said that she would have MUCH rather eaten Kristen's food over Josie's. She said that she needed to manage Josie better. They also covered that it wouldn't have mattered if Kristen had tried to defend herself.

Padma also said that everyone, men and women, had a crush on Kristen. I can personally attest to that !
Old 01-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #72
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
I don't believe for a second that the producers didn't have a hand in the elimination. Keeping Josie (the clear weaker chef) around creates drama...which makes for "good tv".
probably why she was brought back
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:30 AM   #73
soccerdad72
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargoLori View Post
Yep
soccerdad72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:50 AM   #74
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Padma was on "Watch What Happens Live!" after the show and said they talked to Kristen on the show live: http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-ha...p-chef-shocker . She said that she would have MUCH rather eaten Kristen's food over Josie's. She said that she needed to manage Josie better. They also covered that it wouldn't have mattered if Kristen had tried to defend herself.

Padma also said that everyone, men and women, had a crush on Kristen. I can personally attest to that !
I watched "Watch What Happens Live!" too. For the record, I think Josie is such a slimeball for sabatoging and throwing Kristen under the bus ("but, but, but, SHE plated it!" ) and she was definitely the one who should have gone home. That said, unfortunately, Kristen was in charge and it was her job to make sure that things were done in order and on time. She knew how Josie is constantly running behind so she really needed to lean on Josie HARD (think Hell's Kitchen! ) and be a B****, if need be, in order to keep things the way she wanted them.

Padma did say she thinks Kristen is a shoe in for Fan Favorite.

Also, think long term.... who do you think will succeed in their career? I can't imagine ANY chef worth a damn taking Josie on. But Kristen? With her integrity, determination, drive, creativity, honor? Kristen will go far!

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (18); Bear (7); Cosmo (7? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
It'sWDW4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:55 AM   #75
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sWDW4me View Post
Padma did say she thinks Kristen is a shoe in for Fan Favorite.
Yeah but ... possible spoiler in white ...

... that would mean she doesn't come back from Last Chance Kitchen to win *sad face*.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: