Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 01:55 AM   #76
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Hi there. Looks like you have received a lot of great feedback and advice for your plans. Personally, if you are still undecided about Le Cellier versus Yachtsman, I'd go with Yachtsman any day.

As for the short amount of time between some ADRs... not sure you would be able to squeeze in another meal but there is always the option of an appetizer or splitting a meal and still being able to try a new restaurant. If it is not a signature restaurant/character dining that requires a per person deposit you don't have anything to loose with having the ADR and cancelling if you don't need it.

Enjoy the planning!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:56 AM   #77
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Thanks Emmysmommy

OUR 2013 DISNEYMOON TRIP REPORT
disnmooner2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 06:08 AM   #78
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Hi there. Looks like you have received a lot of great feedback and advice for your plans. Personally, if you are still undecided about Le Cellier versus Yachtsman, I'd go with Yachtsman any day.

As for the short amount of time between some ADRs... not sure you would be able to squeeze in another meal but there is always the option of an appetizer or splitting a meal and still being able to try a new restaurant. If it is not a signature restaurant/character dining that requires a per person deposit you don't have anything to loose with having the ADR and cancelling if you don't need it.

Enjoy the planning!
We are planning on eating "lighter" at RFC Day 1 since lunch and dinner ADRs are so close together. I made an ADR at Yachtsman Steakhouse for our Epcot Day (6/6) for 6 PM. Now we need to decide whether to cancel Le Cellier (leaning towards canceling Le Cellier) or Yachtsman Steakhouse. The other advantage to Yachtsman is that the 6 PM ADR spreads out even more time between lunch and dinner. I originally thought though that an 11:30 AM lunch at Via Napoli and a 4:45 PM dinner at Le Cellier (5 hours between the two meals) would be enough time to make us hungry; plus since tables t Le Cellier are so close I figured with a 4:45 ADR that it would not be very crowded and maybe we could get a table with no one next to us.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #79
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Told ya I'd stop by, so here goes ...

I've looked over your itinerary, and you've received a lot of good comments. I agree with those who are saying some of your meals are planned very close together. It is a LOT of food at some of the places you have planned, portions at WDW are large in general. Keep in mind when you're eating at lunch that you have dinner in 4 hours and order accordingly.

I also personally would not recommend SoA dinner show. The show itself ... is just not good. It's very cheezy - think dumbed-down high school musical for little kids. There is a wonderful firedancer, but you suffer through a bad production for far too long before it gets to that part, and the food is unremarkable at best. Please go with BOG instead.

I can't comment on the Le Cellier/Yachtsman/Shula's plans. I do know my TA recommends Yachtsman highly, though we've never personally eaten there.

I completely agree with previous comments about leaving yourself some time to just BREATHE and be in the moment. I have a feeling this schedule you have planned, while wonderful on paper, will prove to be too much once you get there. Don't plan every minute out, leave some space in there to just be spontaneous.

As for additional romantic suggestions, I highly recommend using The Disney Florist to have something delivered to your room. I'm not sure if it was mentioned already or not. My husband purchased the "You and Me" bouquet for me on our last trip, and it was beautiful, very simple, two roses with a "Princess" charm. They lasted forever - I even brought them home and dried them to keep.

ETA: We also took the carriage ride on our last trip. My husband had a special surprise to give me, a ring, which he gave to me during the carriage ride. SO romantic! Might be something else for you to consider, a special charm bracelet, necklace, etc.

I wish you the very best, and early congratulations! I hope your Disneymoon is absolutely magical!

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #80
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
Told ya I'd stop by, so here goes ...

I've looked over your itinerary, and you've received a lot of good comments. I agree with those who are saying some of your meals are planned very close together. It is a LOT of food at some of the places you have planned, portions at WDW are large in general. Keep in mind when you're eating at lunch that you have dinner in 4 hours and order accordingly.

I also personally would not recommend SoA dinner show. The show itself ... is just not good. It's very cheezy - think dumbed-down high school musical for little kids. There is a wonderful firedancer, but you suffer through a bad production for far too long before it gets to that part, and the food is unremarkable at best. Please go with BOG instead.

I can't comment on the Le Cellier/Yachtsman/Shula's plans. I do know my TA recommends Yachtsman highly, though we've never personally eaten there.

I completely agree with previous comments about leaving yourself some time to just BREATHE and be in the moment. I have a feeling this schedule you have planned, while wonderful on paper, will prove to be too much once you get there. Don't plan every minute out, leave some space in there to just be spontaneous.

As for additional romantic suggestions, I highly recommend using The Disney Florist to have something delivered to your room. I'm not sure if it was mentioned already or not. My husband purchased the "You and Me" bouquet for me on our last trip, and it was beautiful, very simple, two roses with a "Princess" charm. They lasted forever - I even brought them home and dried them to keep.

ETA: We also took the carriage ride on our last trip. My husband had a special surprise to give me, a ring, which he gave to me during the carriage ride. SO romantic! Might be something else for you to consider, a special charm bracelet, necklace, etc.

I wish you the very best, and early congratulations! I hope your Disneymoon is absolutely magical!
Thanks Bearcatsfan. I like the idea of giving some jewlery while on the carriage ride. That will make the ride even more romantic and unforgettable.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #81
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnmooner2013 View Post
Thanks Bearcatsfan. I like the idea of giving some jewlery while on the carriage ride. That will make the ride even more romantic and unforgettable.
It definitely made it more romantic and unforgettable for me, so I'm sure it would for your new bride as well.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:14 PM   #82
DaisyluvzGoofy
Earning My Ears

Hi Disnmooner! We were lucky to spend 10 amazing nights Honeymooning this past April and had a blast! We hit up many of the same restaurants as you are thinking of or have ADR's. (And are visiting again for our anniversary in a few weeks!)

It doesn't seem like the popular choice here but we found Shula's was our favorite! The dimly lit room, quiet, white glove service, amazing choices in filets, surf/turf and sides, not to mention their wine list and Key Lime Pie. YUM. Amazing. We've said we'll go back on major anniversaries but it was too good to do each time, and we wanted it to be our special place.

There's also 20% off through this site: orlandoconventionaid.com

We also did Narccossee's on our last night. My husband surprised me with "Cinderella's Slipper". You can call the cake hotline at GF and request one. ($20 I think?) It was a great surprise and totally worth it! They only do this at I think three restaurants, CRT, Narccossee's and another I can't remember. Watching Wishes on the veranda with wine in hand was extremely romantic, and something i'll never forget. He had the filet and I had the Lobster and Mac (AMAZING). Wine and cheese flights also great if you're into that.

Epcot was our favorite park, we were lucky to be there during the Flower & Garden festival. Our third favorite reservation was at Coral Reef, we sat right by the fish tank and had awesome service, food and a great view! Fourth favorite reservation was Tepan Edo, but like someone else said, who you're with makes all the difference. We were with a bunch of other couples so there was much to chat about and the chef had fun with all of us! At the end of the night our server brought out a piece of their green tea cake and a little origami heart that read "Happilry Ever After". We have it framed on our wall now.

Le Cellier was also an great meal, but like others have said, not very romantic.

As for those buttons- if you have a spare wedding invitation send one to Mickey & Minnie and they'll send you buttons and a personalized well wishes photo of them in wedding attire. Awesome keepsake, AND you'll have your buttons before you go, saving time!!!

I think that's all I can remember for now, but if you have any other specific questions let me know!
Old 01-21-2013, 07:32 PM   #83
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Thanks DaisyluvzGoofy for the quick response. Your information is very helpful. I will check the orlandoconventionaid.com website for discounts.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:12 PM   #84
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

WL is so nice! We have only stayed in the villas part, but the whole resort is beautiful. Be sure to take the time to do the hidden Mickey hunt in the lobby and around the resort! Also, I'm not sure if they still do this, but check into being the "family of the day". You get to raise the flags at the resort!

Rainforest Cafe is nothing to write home about. I recommend checking out the Yak & Yeti menu. We love eating there.

Love both Roaring Forks and Mama Melrose. Good choices! And the carriage ride will be romantic.

Just a warning- the balloon does not always operate! So hope for good weather!

IMO, there are better places than the Crystal Palace to eat for breakfast. We like the GFC at the GF and I have heard great things about The Wave. Glad to see you'll be also doing Kona!

Those are tough choices for me..between BOG and the Luau. We love the Luau and do it almost every trip. But, I am a Beauty & the Beast fan, so I'm excited to try there. I think both would be good. If you do the Luau, you would already be at the Poly for Wishes on the beach!

That sounds like a good resort day!

If you change to Y&Y TS your other AK day, then I recommend Flame Tree BBQ for your QS lunch the other day.

I haven't been to the others, but we really like Le Cellier!
tinkgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:52 PM   #85
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Thanks Tinkgurl

Old 01-22-2013, 08:58 PM   #86
ghtin
Earning My Ears

Thank you and have a good day!

Hi there,I saw you are an active member in this forum,we want to pay you to make a post (Either start a new thread or reply to threads )about our online electronics shopping website .To see details ,please check here:
Thank you and have a good day!
ghtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:47 AM   #87
Beka
Goes to 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWHarpua View Post
I've only seen the Ballroom in person. It's large and very beautiful. I saw the West Wing on a Disney Parks blog and it looks more intimate. The Rose with petals falling off of it is in there. I'd say for a honeymoon dinner, it may be a good choice. It's just less people and therefore quieter.
Less people, yes, but there's thunder every so often, so not as quiet as you'd think. But it's our favorite room to eat in there, our 4yo practically demands to eat in the "Beast room".

Trips to see The Mouse
1984 1988 1992 1994 1995 1996 2009 2010 2012 2013
Old 01-23-2013, 08:02 PM   #88
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnmooner2013 View Post
My fiance and I will be honeymooning in Disney World this June staying at Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon Room w/ Club Level. To make things even better we just got a HUGE savings on our room with the 20% room discount . Listed below is our day by day itinerary. Please let me know of your thoughts; and any ideas to make trip even more unforgettable and romantic. The only thing that is out is a fire works cruise.

LOVE the Wilderness Lodge!! It's my favorite resort!

Monday: check in to Wilderness Lodge and get celebration buttons, then possibly short afternoon at Animal Kingdom (2.5 hours) - Rain Forest Cafe lunch (1:30 PM lunch res) maybe keeping; Sanaa dinner (5:00 PM dinner res - hopeful to get window table to view animals). After dinner; shopping at Boardwalk then shopping at Downtown Disney.

Seems like a lot to pack into arrival day. You'll have to go from WL to AK to AKL to Boardwalk to DTD - and there isn't a direct route between each. Maybe skip DTD since you are going again the next night. I suggest, stay at Boardwalk and go to Jellyrolls!

Tuesday: day at Hollywood Studios - breakfast at Roaring Forks; lunch at Mama Melroses (12:15 PM res); Boatwright's dinner (7:45 PM dinner res); after dinner Carriage ride at Port Orleans Riverside (9:00 PM). Then take boat to Downtown Disney for Characters in Flight hot air balloon ride.

Boatwright's and carriage ride sound really nice! POR is another one of my favorite resorts.

Wednesday: day at Magic Kingdom - breakfast at Crystal Palace (8:30 AM res); lunch at Columbia Harbour House (12:30 PM lunch): dinner at either Be our Guest (5:00 PM res.) or Spirit of Aloha Show (8:00 PM show) then probably watch Wishes from hammock or swing at Polynesian Beach.

Sounds great!

Thursday: day at Epcot - lunch at Via Napoli (11:30 AM lunch); dinner at Le Cellier (4:45 PM res) or might change to Yachtsman Steakhouse or Shulas. SEE BELOW FOR SOME FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS ABOUT THESE RESTAURANTS . Watch Illuminations from World Showcase.

Lunch sounds great! We ate there last year and loved it! I love Le Cellier but never eaten at Yachtsman so I can't compare...

Friday: Wilderness Lodge resort day - breakfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe (9 AM). Rent Surrey bikes; then pontoon boat in the morning. In the afternoon lunch at Roaring Fork (1:00 PM lunch), massages at Sturdy Branches, and swim at pool. Dinner at Narcoossee's (7:55 PM res) watch Electrical Water Pageant and Wishes from either the restaurant or the Grand Floridian Marina.

Breakfast at WCC is really great. I got the Breakfast Skillet all to myself last year and I ate almost the whole thing! Haha!

AND we rented the pontoon boat from WL and it was one of the best things we ever did in WDW! It was sooooo nice to be out on the lake and being able to go around to all the resorts and right up to the front of the MK. Got a lot of great pics.

Saturday: day at Blizzard Beach - before Blizzard Beach breakfast at Kona Cafe (8:30 AM res); Dinner at Cape May Cafe (6:00 PM res). After dinner; walk over to Jelly Rolls for evening entertainment.

Don't have experience with any of those things except Jellyrolls, which I now see - before I suggested it on the first night!

Sunday: day at Animal Kingdom (5.5 hours) - probably 11:30 light lunch at Yak & Yetti Counter Service. I am surprising my wife to be with our last dinner at Victoria & Albert's Chef's Table . After dinner, walk around Grand Floridian.

Very nice!

Monday: morning and early afternoon at Epcot - lunch at Teppan Edo (our last meal in Disney World ).

Epcot on the last day is a tradition for us. Love it!

Do you suggest : for Wednesday evening dinner at Be our Guest or Spirit of Aloha Show? For the best Filet Mignon and New York Strip and wine and Pina Coladas should we go to Le Cellier, Yachtsman Steakhouse, or Shulas? I am more and more considering changing to Yachtsmans or Shulas. Can you see Illuminations well from either Yachtsmans or Shulas? Which has faster service? Which is faster to get to from Epcot; and what is the best way to get to them? We are not on the dining plan. Should we watch Wishes twice from both Polynesian Beach (Wednesday evening) and from Narcoossee's (Friday evening)? If not worth watching twice, which would you recommend? On Sunday at Animal Kingdom, would you recommend yak & Yetti Quick Service for a light but tasty lunch? If not, where would you recommend a good light lunch art Animal Kingdom? Any other suggestions to make this honeymoon most romantic and unforgettable (just not going to do fireworks cruise)?
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:33 AM   #89
partigus
Mouseketeer

one more thought...since it's just the two of you...why a pontoon boat and not simply one of the smaller, faster, cheaper mouse boats?
2011 Yacht Club (5)
2010 Contemporary (5)
2009 Beach Club Villas (6)
2008 Wilderness Lodge (5)
2005 French Quarter (7)
2004 Wilderness Lodge (2)
2004 Marriott World Center (2)
2003 Polynesian (4)
1996 Port Orleans (4)
1992 Off Site (2)
1988 Grad Night (1)
1988 Naval Training Center (1)
1987 Grad Night (1)
1987 Naval Training Center (1)
Several family day trips- early 80's (4)
Trips to Fort Wilderness Campgrounds in early 70's (?)
partigus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:06 AM   #90
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by partigus View Post
one more thought...since it's just the two of you...why a pontoon boat and not simply one of the smaller, faster, cheaper mouse boats?
Partigus - There are three kinds of boats to take out at WL. The sea raycer can not fit two adults.

Both the pontoon and montauk boats are the same price ($45/30 min.).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: