Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 10:31 AM   #1
kristieboyd
Mouseketeer

Kids Club bracelets...

From the pictures I've seen, they look awfully big & bulky and can't be comfortable to wear. Are you able to remove them when the kids aren't in clubs, or do they have to remain on for the entire length of the cruise?
kristieboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:40 AM   #2
Luv_Tink
Mouseketeer

They are bulky and my girls complained a lot about how uncomfortable they were. We took them off whenever they weren't headed to the club/lab and put them in the room safe. When we would drop them at the club/lab the CM would just make a new band right then and reattach. It was never a problem.
Luv_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 10:42 AM   #3
tweis
DIS Veteran

You can not easily remove the bracelets, they need to be cut off. You could probably cut it off each time and just keep up with the GPS device and get a new bracelet each time if it is uncomfortable for your children. It actually broke with my DS and he just had to get a new bracelet next time he went to the lab. My DS did not complain at all about his bracelet and it is not as bulky as it may appear in photos.
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:45 AM   #4
gunka
DIS Veteran

We took our dd's off when she left the club, and they reattached it upon her next visit. They can also where them on their ankle.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #5
Started With a Mouse
DIS Veteran

They became like a second skin to our kids. Not too tight, not too loose. They liked their special 'Disney bracelets'.
Started With a Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:47 AM   #6
tigger309
Earning My Ears

They are supposed to stay on the enitre time you are on the cruise. On our first cruise in Dec 2010 my DD(7) and DS(4) did complain for the first couple minutes but after that they were fine with them. They didn't complain at all on our cruise this past May. I don't remeber the excat size but I think they are about 2 inches by 2inches.
tigger309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:48 AM   #7
UmmGooD
DIS Veteran

We had two with the bands on all week on our last cruise. We had them put the band on our 3 year old's ankle and she whined about it for about 20 minutes but after that it was like it was never even there. I could see how some kids might have an issue and would complain. I would bring on a small pair of scissors that you might find in a makeup case for removing those things. My wife always has a small pair in her purse and we always use them for cutting off random bands the kids get from waterparks/etc...
Old 01-18-2013, 10:48 AM   #8
Started With a Mouse
DIS Veteran

Oh, and after we gave the back on the last night, at the end of our 14 night cruise, they were a little upset. Went to the gift shop and bought charm bracelets for them to wear off the ship in the morning.
Started With a Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:50 AM   #9
jahber
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger309
They are supposed to stay on the enitre time you are on the cruise. On our first cruise in Dec 2010 my DD(7) and DS(4) did complain for the first couple minutes but after that they were fine with them. They didn't complain at all on our cruise this past May. I don't remeber the excat size but I think they are about 2 inches by 2inches.
They don't *have* to stay on the whole cruise . Only when in the clubs. And definitely consider taking them off for Castaway Cay. So many people have reported losing them there. You don't need the GPS tracker part at Scuttle's Cove. They'll just print the band part for you.

The band started cutting my daughter's skin on our first cruise, so we started taking them off each time they left. My kids have pretty sensitive skin, though, so ymmv.
Dream 4-night Bahamas 5/12
WDW too many times to count!
jahber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #10
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

DS broke out in a rash underneath the sensor on our first 7-night cruise. So on the next one, we had them put it on his ankle instead. It worked out great there - didn't bother him at all

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #11
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

Can they be worn in water?
Old 01-18-2013, 12:04 PM   #12
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

I have to admit, while the band *can* be cut off and reattached... I very much dislike the wasted time on my vacation spent waiting in the club check-in line that is full of parents who also need bands reprinted. It really does add up when people do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderlustNZ View Post
Can they be worn in water?
Yup!
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:04 PM   #13
sdjen
DIS Veteran

My dd wore hers in the pool with no issues. She also liked it better on her ankle.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:08 PM   #14
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

Great. Thanks :-)
Old 01-18-2013, 12:08 PM   #15
cookingqueen
Earning My Ears

My son has son touch sensitivities and he had no problems with the band. He wore it the entire cruise and never complained.
Also- they are completely fine for the water, sunscreen etc!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: