Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 01:06 PM   #2266
outahere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
The construction is a long way from Sugarloaf.
True, that the DVC construction is a long way away, but they are also doing major construction on the Courtyard pool, which is what we're concerned about. We've never stayed at GF, but I think that pool is right by the Sugarloaf building.

Disney Magic - April, 2004 / EB Panama Canal crossing - August, 2005 / Thanksgiving, 2006 / April, 2009 / February, 2011 / March, 2014
Disney Wonder - September, 2002 / April, 2007 / April, 2008 / Thanksgiving, 2009 / April, 2010
Disney Dream - April, 2011 / August, 2012 / February, 2014
Polynesian CL - August, 2004 / April, 2010 / August, 2010 / October, 2013
Yacht Club CL - August, 2011 / April, 2012 / August, 2012 / August, 2013 / April, 2014 / June, 2014
Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf CL - February, 2013
Wilderness Lodge CL - December, 2013
OKW - February, 2012 / June, 2013
VWL - August, 2006
WDW - offsite, more times than I can count since 1978
S/S Norway - 1984, 1985, 1991
Norwegian Pearl - Alaska - August, 2007
Old 01-17-2013, 01:10 PM   #2267
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by outahere View Post
True, that the DVC construction is a long way away, but they are also doing major construction on the Courtyard pool, which is what we're concerned about. We've never stayed at GF, but I think that pool is right by the Sugarloaf building.
I didn't hear any noise from the pool construction now that you mention it. We were there a few times for breakfast.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 01:31 PM   #2268
Anna114
Pluto Rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Hey WDWKook & gang! Have a room request question for you all (spawned from another thread by mmouse50 hiya!)

We have WL CL standard booked for March. I understand you cannot book a certain bedding combination, but can request it. I had emailed IPO a few months ago about it & was told they do not handle room assignments, to call reservations. It seems some others did have room requests added by IPO, can they do this?

So just now I call reservations to add the request for bunk beds to the reservation. The CM tells me that's bookable category so I can't request it. I politely said (knowing full well I was right!) that the CL rooms do not have a bunk bed booking category, only non-CL rooms at WL. She says to hold on, then comes back & says she can put in my request to be near the courtyard. : I said I didn't care where in the resort I was, I just wanted to request a bunk bed room. She says hold on again, then comes back & tells me that request can't be added, they'll ask me at check-in where I want to be & I can tell them then. Huh?????????

Is there a certain way I'm supposed to be requesting bunk bed rooms for a CL ressie or was this woman just pulling things out of her, well, bottom???
I stayed CL at the Poly a couple of years ago. Everything that I wanted I went through them, including a room request. I would reach out to them... I was given an email to contact them. It worked really well. I had not one complaint.
5/1988 POLY (Honeymoon) 2/1998 Offsite 5/2002 Caribbean Beach 5/2006 Wilderness Lodge 12/2007 POP 8/2009 Port Orleans Riverside 5/2010 POLY CL (Anniversary) 10/2010 SSR 1/2011 OKW 8/2011 FW Cabins & VWL 12/2011 SSR 5/2012 VWL 9/2012 VWL 8/2013 VWL 25th Ann. w/my boys 5/2014 AKV 12/2014 VWL 5/2009 DVC Owners Villas at Wilderness lodge!

Old 01-17-2013, 01:34 PM   #2269
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Your NEW CR/BLT thread is up - hope you'll all stop by for a visit!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post47220394
Old 01-17-2013, 02:45 PM   #2270
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey WDWKook & gang! Have a room request question for you all (spawned from another thread by mmouse50 hiya!)

We have WL CL standard booked for March. I understand you cannot book a certain bedding combination, but can request it. I had emailed IPO a few months ago about it & was told they do not handle room assignments, to call reservations. It seems some others did have room requests added by IPO, can they do this?

So just now I call reservations to add the request for bunk beds to the reservation. The CM tells me that's bookable category so I can't request it. I politely said (knowing full well I was right!) that the CL rooms do not have a bunk bed booking category, only non-CL rooms at WL. She says to hold on, then comes back & says she can put in my request to be near the courtyard. : I said I didn't care where in the resort I was, I just wanted to request a bunk bed room. She says hold on again, then comes back & tells me that request can't be added, they'll ask me at check-in where I want to be & I can tell them then. Huh?????????

Is there a certain way I'm supposed to be requesting bunk bed rooms for a CL ressie or was this woman just pulling things out of her, well, bottom???
YOU are totally correct. I'd just call back and speak to a more knowledgeable cast member. And to your WL/CL reservation, request a bunk bed room. We did that last trip and again for our upcoming summer trip.

Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 01-17-2013, 02:51 PM   #2271
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:

Do you have any hair left or have you pulled it all out?! Those silly CMs...

Tara, email the WL IPO (again?) and tell them that you would like to request bunk beds. They'll put the request in your reservation. You can even email them closer to your date and ask that they re-confirm your request with you.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:45 PM   #2272
rbadger
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Tara, email the WL IPO (again?) and tell them that you would like to request bunk beds. They'll put the request in your reservation. You can even email them closer to your date and ask that they re-confirm your request with you.
Yes, email IPO again. I have a CL room in Feb. and just emailed them the other day requesting connecting rooms and one with a bunk. They (her name was Denise) responded with:

"I have put your room requests on file - we cannot guarantee the requests but will do everything we can to meet them. "

Hopefully they'll be able to meet our requests, but we'll see...
Old 01-17-2013, 03:47 PM   #2273
EmmaMagsMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK

It must have been a newbie . We stayed CL in November and I requested a bunked room through the IPO. I did what Kook said and checked in with them again a week before our trip. We got our request and had a great bunk bed room facing the courtyard . Good luck!!!
Old 01-17-2013, 06:15 PM   #2274
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Lunch today at WCC then some quiet time reading and rocking.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:16 PM   #2275
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Lunch today at WCC then some quiet time reading and rocking.
I didn't realize you are still there! Is it time to go over to RF for a cupcake?
Old 01-17-2013, 07:18 PM   #2276
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Thanks everyone for all the replies! I have already emailed IPO!

Grumpy Grandma - I'm jealous! I always say I'm taking a book to WDW with me to just sit, relax & read. I have yet to take the book out of my suitcase...

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 01-17-2013, 07:23 PM   #2277
WDWKOOK

Quote:

Grumpy Grandma - I'm jealous! I always say I'm taking a book to WDW with me to just sit, relax & read. I have yet to take the book out of my suitcase...

I have good intentions, too and end up reading every other line it seems because I am always so blissfully distracted by the beauty of the Lodge and all the excitement. Look! A squirrel!
Old 01-17-2013, 08:06 PM   #2278
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

I have good intentions, too and end up reading every other line it seems because I am always so blissfully distracted by the beauty of the Lodge and all the excitement. Look! A squirrel!
Well I didn't say how much I actually read!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:53 AM   #2279
WINTER
DIS Veteran

If you want a room overlooking the lobby, what category is that?
15 trips stayed off site; '87 Viscount (DTD); '89 Howard Johnson (DTD); '95 Travelodge (DTD); '96 CBR; '05, '06, '09, '10 Pop Century; '07 Royal Plaza (DTD); 6/11 W/L; 5/12 POR; 7/12 BW Plus Park Place Inn at D'Land; 6/13 D'Land BW Plus Park Place Inn; 7/13 W/L; 10/13 Bonnet Creek; 7/14 CR TPV. ]

Old 01-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #2280
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTER View Post
If you want a room overlooking the lobby, what category is that?
Actually it can be any of the three categories, Standard, Woods, or Courtyard. You can add it as a request with something like "overlooking lobby".

Looking at the room location map here the far left of the map are the lobby rooms, and the lower floors of both wings are standard view and the higher floors are woods view. Then arguably some of the nicest rooms on property are the ones to the East of the lobby which are courtyard view as well, and there are referred to as "Bear Face" rooms.

We stayed in a sixth floor room above the registration desk overlooking the lobby and loved it. We got that room after booking standard view, but it is considered woods view. We were surprised at how much we liked having the open hallways and view of the beautiful lobby.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: