Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 02:21 PM   #1
rdevine10
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them- Walt Disney

August Bonnet Creek Rental- what have you paid?

Hi everyone!

We are looking at a 2 bedroom deluxe unit for Aug 11 for 10 or 11 nights. That would be checking in on a Sunday.

I know this last year I was looking around online and I saw Bonnet Creek had a decent amount of availability for the 2nd half of August (which is when we are going).

I got a quote of $1735 for 11 nights, which works out to be about $157.75 a night.

I have stayed there a couple times and used 2 other places to rent from in the past. I know Ken Price will offer $120 a night 60 days out.

My price seems higher than I thought it would be for people raving about what good deals they got!

What have you paid in August before? Obviously I am going to hold off booking and take my chances at this point.....

On a side note, its crazy to me that I could go to the Atlantis in a timeshare for a week and fly there cheaper than its costing me to put this 12 day Disney trip (driving from the northeast no less!) together! Disney used to be our cheaper vacations.... wow have ticket prices soared in the last few years.... such a shame!
Too many childhood trips to count. 9/00- ASMovies, 5/05- Pop, 9/06- Pop, 9/07- Pop, 5/08-AKL & Summer Bay, 9/08- Pop, 4/09-Nick Hotel & Caribe Royal, 4/10-Bonnet Creek, 9/10- Pop, 4/11 Disney Dream Cruise-4night (Nassau & Castaway Cay x 2) & Bonnet Creek, 4/12 Carnival Legend Cruise (Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize & Cozumel) & CBR, 4/13- Bonnet Creek 8/13- Daytona Beach, RCCL Enchantment of the Seas (Nassau & Coco Cay) & Art of Animation! 4/2014- Carnival Freedom (Key West, Ocho Rios & Grand Cayman) & Caribe Royal 7/14- Daytona Beach & Holiday Inn Resort Lake Beuna Vista 8/14- Atlantis Resort, Paradise Island, Bahamas

rdevine10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #2
c4alymom
Mouseketeer

I think a lot of it really depends on who you book with. When I got my quotes from several different places, there was a HUGE difference in the quote amounts for the same dates/type of room, etc. Get more than one quote and see what you come up with.
Sept 99- Disneymoon Carribean Beach Resort

ME DH DS(12) DD(11)
c4alymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:42 AM   #3
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

We just rec'd quotes earlier this week for Bonnet Creek for the latter part of August. Here's what we were offered:

7 nights, checking in on a Saturday (Aug 24-31), total $839 or $119.86/night
8 nights, checking in on a Friday (Aug 23-31), total $1008 or $126/night

Both for a two bedroom deluxe.

We ended up going with the Sheraton Vistana Resort. Booking through Jetblue Getaways, we were able to get a two bedroom with housekeeping for $943 (package for 8 nights was $2052 all taxes and fees included, less cost of flights $1109, for an accomodations total of $943). Amenities were comparable (some differences of course.....SVR has more pools but no lazy river, SVR had housekeeping while BC was self-catering, BC has mini golf included while SVR is an extra charge, SVR had more sports amenities including basketball courts which BC was lacking). The tipping point was that, for less money, we had daily housekeeping service AND a few extra amenities that our 17 year old DS will enjoy. And SVR gets better reviews on Tripadvisor (BC is currently ranked at #82 of 328 properties in Orlando, while SVR is ranked at #43).

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote