Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 05:25 PM   #1291
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimrk01
Where are most of us planning to eat for dinner the night before the marathon? Is 5:30 a pretty good time or is that too early?
I have no plans for dinner. I think that time is great!

[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url
Old 01-17-2013, 05:28 PM   #1292
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimrk01 View Post
Where are most of us planning to eat for dinner the night before the marathon? Is 5:30 a pretty good time or is that too early?
We're eating at the Wave the night before the race...and right around that time. I like to eat early, get everything laid out for the AM and get in bed by 8pm. I may not sleep by then but want to be relaxing and off my feet by then!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 06:02 PM   #1293
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey

We're eating at the Wave the night before the race...and right around that time. I like to eat early, get everything laid out for the AM and get in bed by 8pm. I may not sleep by then but want to be relaxing and off my feet by then!
Hey Cripey, are you a news person?

Cindy

[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url
Old 01-17-2013, 06:59 PM   #1294
jlm314
Earning My Ears

Sparkle

I received my first Sparkletech skirt in the mail today. Love it. It makes me happy. I cannot wait to try it out. Hopefully it will not be rainy and freezing this weekend. Alabama has sure had some crazy weather this year.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:22 PM   #1295
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041

Hey Cripey, are you a news person?

Cindy
No I work with commercials, ad agencies and sales...it's called Traffic but has nothing to do with vehicles and roadways

Old 01-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #1296
princessmeghan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimrk01 View Post
I think we will probably eat at 5-5:30. Then maybe a snack before bed if needed?
Old 01-17-2013, 09:38 PM   #1297
belle2211
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
I hear ya - the ortho I saw explained NOTHING to me, either; everything I've gleaned has been thanks to Google searches and the many folks who've blogged about their trials and tribulations with ITBS. Also, the Sock Doc. Google him up - pretty interesting approach he takes!

Maybe - you are getting equal time on both sides, but it could be each half is too long. Other things I've read to be attributed to ITBS are: shoes (too much/too little stability), leg length discrepancies, form (taking too long strides), weak glutes and/or hip abductors, weak knees and/or ankles. Yeah, it's quite the list, lol! I tried to hit all possibilities - try to run down the center of roads and stick to non-canted paths when possible, strengthened all muscles groups, stretched, rolled, switched shoes... I don't know which of those things helped, maybe all!
I got checked out for my shoes last spring when I had shin splints. I didn't rechecked when I bought new ones this fall. Do you think my stability needs changed in 6 months? I have pretty bad scoliosis which make my hips and legs uneven so that could be it. I'm working on glues and hip abductors in PT, so we'll cover that. As far as the running path, I know that if I have to drive somewhere else, I'm not going to run so I hope it's not that! And as for form, I've found that my knees actually feel BETTER when I run fast! (When I run fast, I lengthen my stride...which doesn't make sense because I've heard that causes more pain. And it does, in my shins--but it makes my knees feel better. I've done some 1:1 intervals where the running was a 7:45 mile...but I can keep that pace up for maybe a mile if I'm lucky. )

Oh, and I teach Kindergarten. I have to stand on a chair to turn the overhead projector on/off every day. Today I was getting down and knocked my bad knee on the table...HARD! It took everything in me not to burst into tears or start saying inappropriate words in front of my kiddos! Now my knee is bruised, stiff, and swollen again!
Old 01-17-2013, 09:56 PM   #1298
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

We have a 4:45 ADR at Tutto Italia. I know it's ridiculously early, but we're up at the crack of dawn Friday to catch a 6am flight, up early Saturday for the 5K and then up RIDICULOUSLY early Sunday for the Half. I'm not good at going to bed early, but I am hoping that after 2 days of early, I'm tired enough to be in bed by 9pm or so.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:58 PM   #1299
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run
We have a 4:45 ADR at Tutto Italia. I know it's ridiculously early, but we're up at the crack of dawn Friday to catch a 6am flight, up early Saturday for the 5K and then up RIDICULOUSLY early Sunday for the Half. I'm not good at going to bed early, but I am hoping that after 2 days of early, I'm tired enough to be in bed by 9pm or so.
Not too early! We are eating at 5:15 at FF. Last year we ate at 5:30 and the meal actually took forever for some reason so we made it a little earlier.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 01-17-2013, 10:22 PM   #1300
JenNel85
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Can I ask if you've eaten at The Wave before (or if anyone else has?) I was considering trying a resort restaurant as a special "pre-race" dinner, since we always pretty much eat exclusively in the parks -- and I currently have 5pm ADRs there, with the same plan to be in bed by 8pm!

Since I'm ridiculously indecisive and constantly second-guess my trip plans, any reviews on the restaurant would be awesome! Thanks so much!
Old 01-17-2013, 10:25 PM   #1301
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
Not too early! We are eating at 5:15 at FF. Last year we ate at 5:30 and the meal actually took forever for some reason so we made it a little earlier.
Dudette! We'll be at the flying fish at 5:35! See you there. I look like this...
http://www.crowdrise.com/fundraise-a...ife/cindylevin

And I uploaded a picture of my work-in-progress Frost Fairy costume. I'm out to buy white hairspray tomorrow to see if I look hideous in it or not. I found silver comfy running pants (not purple, teal, or aqua), but I think if my hair were white it would give more of an idea who I'm supposed to be. If anyone sees any real running capris that are those colors let me know. My wings could go with all those colors.

I'm thinking a leaf pattern on the tank maybe and if I stick with purple/periwindle, my running bib should even match.

Funny note, the color of the running pants is listed as "stealth". Believe me, there is nothing stealthy about my running. clomp, clomp, clomp!
Old 01-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #1302
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenNel85 View Post
Can I ask if you've eaten at The Wave before (or if anyone else has?) I was considering trying a resort restaurant as a special "pre-race" dinner, since we always pretty much eat exclusively in the parks -- and I currently have 5pm ADRs there, with the same plan to be in bed by 8pm!

Since I'm ridiculously indecisive and constantly second-guess my trip plans, any reviews on the restaurant would be awesome! Thanks so much!
When I thought I was going to be more in that area pre-race, that was my first pick as I felt they have rather "normal" things on the menu for a nice restaurant. This is not the day to try new things eating out! Never been there, but that was my thought.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:06 PM   #1303
JenNel85
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherekhan View Post
When I thought I was going to be more in that area pre-race, that was my first pick as I felt they have rather "normal" things on the menu for a nice restaurant. This is not the day to try new things eating out! Never been there, but that was my thought.
My thoughts, too! But then I started wondering if I should stick with one of the Italian restaurants, or somewhere I can pasta. Then again, I started wondering if that's what you're supposed to eat before a half marathon?

I've never run a race longer than a 10K, so I pretty much have no clue what I'm doing in terms of pre-race prep -- and I am definitely weary of trying something too "different" the night before!
Old 01-18-2013, 02:55 AM   #1304
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You are fine! In 2011 I was in B with a 10k time of 1:07. Participant numbers have increased since then so in 2013 that could put you in C, but I don't think you have anything to worry about!
You make me feel a bit better... but if it comes down to when I registered... then I might be pushed more to the back because I registered pretty late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post

I have no hard evidence, but based on my experiences and anecdotal evidence form other Disney runners... I'd bet hard cash that when you register has some influence on corral placement, coupled with what estimated finishing time you entered. Apparently, there are folks who enter times longer than the minimum that can be entered without proof, so that has some bearing, for sure.
This has me nervous. I would hate to push to get a better time in a 10k and then have it not make a difference because of how late I registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amykay9377 View Post
Awesome things happen in February for my life, so I would be so happy if they came out on February 2 - this is the day I quit smoking (2007) and the day I told my hubby I would run this PHM (2012).
For you then I hope it happens on 2/2... but for me... I hope sooner. Honestly, I will just not hassle with traveling to another town to do a 10k if my placement is good enough..and that 10k is before 2/2 so for me...sooner is better.

Quote:
Count me as another Wave diner. Mine is a tad later though... at 6pm.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:24 AM   #1305
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenNel85

I have! This will be the third time we've eaten there as a pre-race meal...we really enjoy it. Ingredients always seem very fresh. I normally go with a salad, the chicken sandwich and lots of water! BF likes their wheat penne pasta dish with chicken.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: