Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 08:25 PM   #91
Delilah1310
Mouseketeer

we built our own light saber and it worked fine until we got back home.
it just wont work ... batteries aren't the issue and i cant figure out what is not connecting or whatever.
I would have called, but it just seemed like such a hassle.
DS5 still uses the lightsaber but not lights or sounds.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:29 PM   #92
GiJohnsGirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by *HappyDisneyMom* View Post
The Cinderella Castle playset. We had it shipped home and gave it to my daughter for Christmas one year. It was broken within a week or two and not by no fault of my daughter, expected more especially because of the cost.
Yikes, after all that money on it! I always wanted to get one for my kids - glad I haven't. DH has gotten a lot of tshirts that have shrunk (normal wash following directions) which have now become my tshirts. And the sword from pirate's league. It broke in half.

Sept 2010 ASMovies
Jan 2012 Pop
July 2012 Art of Animation
April 2013 Pop Adults only trip
June 2013 Dream First DCL!
GiJohnsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 10:03 PM   #93
dkbnyc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie View Post
Disney Polly's dolls...

We brought the prince doll pack.. It looked like you got 3 doll and a few changes of clothes..
Only to open it up and fine it was one doll with changeable head!!! The heads were so little that there was no way to get the heads on the one body..
I don't understand way they make such little pieces!!! They were lost before ever getting home..

SAVE you money and buy the new ones in the store, that have the magic clip on outfits! Much better, and less Likely to get lost..
I think we bought what you are talking about. One dd got Minnie and the other dd got a princess set. Within a couple of weeks, arms were detached, heads broken and dresses ripped. Was really disappointed

dkbnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:20 PM   #94
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

i've had the post-it notes that don't stick.

i agree that the quality of clothing is completely hit and miss. sometimes, i get a nice, thick shirt though. sometimes, my DD inherits my shirts because they're too short.

it's sad when the $15 tees from The Disney Store are better quality than the $30-40 park ones!

a few years ago, my sister bought Christmas tees for her and for me (i wasn't on the trip). mine had several holes--looked like an animal had scratched it. hers also had holes in it. thankfully, Disney replaced them, but we weren't able to get the same shirts since they were sold out.

other than one balloon popping in a too-hot car, most of our balloons have lasted weeks after our trips!

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:23 PM   #95
huhwhat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by augusta1 View Post
The monorail. My dd wants a new one every time but they always break!
and move sooooo slow !
PoP 2010,2011,2011
WDL 2008
huhwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:25 PM   #96
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

we have a monorail that we've had for years that still runs. we only bring it out at Christmas. the only thing is that i've had to superglue the doors. but it still runs.

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:29 PM   #97
LilRonGal
Disney Dreamer

Almost everything I buy from Disney isn't the best quality and tends to fall apart. Clothing shrinks and fades after one wash, things break easily, etc. I bought flatware and even that fell apart!

And that dang monorail. Always falls apart. I won't buy it anymore.

Now, pins, my Disney Designer Princess and Villains dolls (I admit I have not unboxed them...)--those things are OK. Stuffed animals are fine. Magnets seem to demagnetize after a few years, but I don't think that's Disney's fault.

My Disneylicious Blog | My Disney Photo Collection | My Personal Blog
DW 08/01 - ASMusic | DW 05/05 - ASMovies | DL 09/05 - offsite | DW 09/08 - POP | DL 01/09 - offsite
DW 08/09 - POP | DW 01/11 - POFQ | DW 06/11 - POFQ | DW 02/12 - POFQ | DW 02/13 - POFQ | DW 06/13 - POP
LilRonGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:32 PM   #98
LilRonGal
Disney Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb584 View Post
I also don't like the sizing of their women's clothing as it's definitely not women's but junior's. At 5'4" and 118 lbs, I shouldn't have to buy a size large, but I do (unless I want it fitting like a 2nd skin, which I don't)!
Can I get an AMEN on this?

I'm 5'1, 115lbs and their size M are super tight! I get the "lady fit" thing they're trying to do but it's too much.

My Disneylicious Blog | My Disney Photo Collection | My Personal Blog
DW 08/01 - ASMusic | DW 05/05 - ASMovies | DL 09/05 - offsite | DW 09/08 - POP | DL 01/09 - offsite
DW 08/09 - POP | DW 01/11 - POFQ | DW 06/11 - POFQ | DW 02/12 - POFQ | DW 02/13 - POFQ | DW 06/13 - POP
LilRonGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:54 PM   #99
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRonGal

Can I get an AMEN on this?

I'm 5'1, 115lbs and their size M are super tight! I get the "lady fit" thing they're trying to do but it's too much.
AMEN! 5'2 120lbs and will be buying size L!

My mother bought me a WONDERFUL Disneyland jacket for Xmas.. However it is REALLY SNUG! DH LOVES IT!
However I think disney forgets grown WOMEN have breast..

Lorilais_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:16 AM   #100
grace&philipsmom
DIS Veteran

I buy a souvenir mug for my coffee every trip. Last trip I bought a Kidani mug and after 3 washings the painted detailing is almost completely gone - now it is pretty much just a plain brown mug.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:22 AM   #101
Goofy_Girl
My Scottish Fold owns me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorhunhe

Hehe, yeah, probably, thing is that I don't buy anything that is not Lion King related

I do have the pillow pet that came straight from WDW since last November, and that one is still in perfect condition.
Lol me too! I am an obsessed Lion King geek XD I will literally hunt the parks for anything Lion King
Old 01-17-2013, 10:06 PM   #102
Tysdad747
Earning My Ears

I didn't read everyones posts yet, but here are my experiences...

We bought the EPCOT set that goes with the monorail. The thing is complete junk. We also bought the monorail with the little characters and the characters fall apart all the time. We have the big train that we put around the tree every year. The wheels have fallen off the front of the engine car and one of the passenger cars. We've bought the silver mickey head sticker to put on my wife's car. On cleaned class it fell off after 2 weeks. The binocular set that we bought for my son at Animal Kingdom to watch the animals didn't last a day. I bought a pair of sunglasses at EPCOT in December because I left my "real" sunglasses in the room that day and it was sunny, and I returned them by the end of the day because they fell apart. I bought my wife a Mickey head ring a year ago. It has diamond like stones in the head and ears. Within a month one of the stones fell out of one of the ears.

We did buy one of the String Things in December and it is still working, so that's good.

Seriously though, I could go on and on and on with things that were a waste of money...

We LOVE Disney, but unfortunately I've tried to put a halt on souvenirs when we are there because they are so cheaply made and don't last.

Tysdad
Old 01-18-2013, 12:02 AM   #103
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

I foolishly purchased the clip on fan for my DD's stroller in August. What a mistake. It barely felt like someone was blowing on you. I should have returned it.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:21 AM   #104
MinnieMeaghan
Earning My Ears

The majority of the clothing that I buy from WDW always shrinks when it is put in the dryer. They usually shrink upward... I ALWAYS line dry my Disney clothes, but they last forever when I do that!
Old 01-18-2013, 01:49 AM   #105
txaggie94gigem
Cruisin' with Disney
Water is #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBoopaloo View Post
We still joke about the awful backscratcher we bought years ago. It was a weird thing to buy, I know, even still, it was useless as a backscratcher.
Was it the one with characters sitting on each others shoulders? Does not work as a back scratcher but my little ones think it works great at a head bopper to their brothers.....
Disney Magic 8 day Bahamas April 26, 2013; Disney Magic Anniversary cruise Feb 5, 2013; WDW 2012; Universal 2011 (the shame!); Disney Dream Dec 2011; Disney Dream Maiden Voyage Jan 2011; WDW Dec 2010; WDW June 2010; WDW May 2009; Disney Magic May 2008 Panama Canal; Disney Magic May 12, 2007 1st Transatlantic Crossing to the Med; Disney Magic Nov 2006 Castaway Cay Double Dip; Disneyland June 2006; Disney Magic Oct 2005; Disney Wonder Nov 2004; WDW Nov 2004; WDW Jan 1993; WDW May 1988

txaggie94gigem is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: