Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2013, 09:34 PM   #11
UmmGooD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallakids View Post
Thank you. Sounds like downtown is not the way to go! I am going to look into the advantage rate. Maybe the price has dropped (which would be excellent). My son would love NASA if we could get a car that would be nice for him. Moody Gardens sounds really interesting as well. Thank you for the help.
Be careful with Advantage. I rented from them for business in Austin once and they don't always honor their reserved prices. I reserved a car and my company booked me to pick up the car at 4p.m. just because that was the default. I showed up at 5:30 to get the car because I went to get it after work and when I got there they said my car was rented and I would have to pay an extra $100 to upgrade because they didn't have anything in my class available. I ended up going over and thankfully Avis still had cars available. I don't know if they would do this if you were going to have a flight registered on your account but I thought it was very shady.

I have never rented from them sense because of that experience. Of course the office in IAH could be completely different than the one in Austin. Make sure you read reviews.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: