Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 08:17 PM   #16
UmmGooD
DIS Veteran

Even though Costco says 3 weeks to receive the card we got ours really fast. We had them within 3 days of returning from our trip. I think we got of the ship on Sunday and had our gift cards by Wednesday.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:27 PM   #17
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmbar

Oh wow! That's a good deal. Wish I would have known about it before we booked our Alaska trip! Thanks for the info!
I spoke with a rep at Costco Travel recently and was told that you can transfer the cruise to Costco after booking it (and before PIF) and get the same cash card amount. Of course I found that out right after we had made the final payment on our upcoming cruise!

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 08:28 PM   #18
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Regarding gift card payment application to Costco, or any TA.
I know some TA's have a minimum payment. I read here of an App or Website that allowed a consumer to consolidate all DCL cards to one , therefore bypassing said limit. And also easing the time on any website / phone with DCL or any TA.

I can't locate mentioned site.
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:47 AM   #19
collinsb07
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikelshellmad View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before, but Iíve scoured the message boards about this topic and wanted to make sure how to do this correctly. I have read that some previous cruisers have received both the 10% onboard booking discount and the Costco cash card.

DH and I are going on a cruise in a few weeks (we couldnít pass up the VGT deals), and we know for sure that we are taking our family on a cruise in August 2014. So based on my research, here are the steps that I think I should take:

1. Book the future cruise onboard.
2. List Costco as the Travel Agent.
3. Pay the deposit.
4. Contact Costco Travel after I get home to verify the reservation (and cash card amount).

Since Costco will be listed as the travel agent, the reservation is technically not a transferred reservation and I should qualify for the cash card, correct? Could someone who has done this before please verify if Iím doing this correctly?

Thanks so much for your help!
When completing the OBB and listing Costco Travel, do you need the name of a person to list as the TA or does Costco Travel and the mailing address from their website suffice?

This is awesome, as we sail in 7 weeks and are already looking forward to booking our 2014 cruise!
collinsb07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #20
UmmGooD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by collinsb07 View Post
When completing the OBB and listing Costco Travel, do you need the name of a person to list as the TA or does Costco Travel and the mailing address from their website suffice?

This is awesome, as we sail in 7 weeks and are already looking forward to booking our 2014 cruise!
I think they did put a name on it. I am not sure though. I believe they used the same name on our previous reservation. Perhaps you could call up Costco and ask. Usually they are pretty friendly and will find someone who knows when you call.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: